Visa help.

Old Dec 3rd 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa help.

Simply amazing!
I went up to the VFS office in Victoria to put our passport and visa forms in and as usual went prepared for a long wait even though I had booked an appointment, but I was in and out in less than 30 minutes!!! It may have been the time of day as the appointment I booked was for 1.45pm but even so I have been at a similar time before and still waited nearly three hours.
As I was not meeting my friends until 6pm to go for a few drinks I was forced to go shopping on Oxford street.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 6:18 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by k800mer
Simply amazing!
I went up to the VFS office in Victoria to put our passport and visa forms in and as usual went prepared for a long wait even though I had booked an appointment, but I was in and out in less than 30 minutes!!! It may have been the time of day as the appointment I booked was for 1.45pm but even so I have been at a similar time before and still waited nearly three hours.
As I was not meeting my friends until 6pm to go for a few drinks I was forced to go shopping on Oxford street.
It shames me to admit it but I do read 'trip advisor' & 'holiday truths' because despite my property ownership problems, due to my YOUNG AGE , that's eseentially what I am, a HOLIDAY maker.

Anyways, I absolutely cannot believe the problems that posters on TA & HT have when applying for a basic 6 month multiple entry tourist visa. I just don't understand what makes it so difficult. Recently, I applied for visas for some friends who are visiting Goa & my mate told me: "if you hadn't done it, we wouldn't be going" as he couldn't be bothered with 30 minutes of sitting down in front of a pc to fill in the online application.

Luckily & to save shame for me, their passports arrived back within 10 working days with said visas.

H.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hemingway
It shames me to admit it but I do read 'trip advisor' & 'holiday truths' because despite my property ownership problems, due to my YOUNG AGE , that's eseentially what I am, a HOLIDAY maker.

Anyways, I absolutely cannot believe the problems that posters on TA & HT have when applying for a basic 6 month multiple entry tourist visa. I just don't understand what makes it so difficult. Recently, I applied for visas for some friends who are visiting Goa & my mate told me: "if you hadn't done it, we wouldn't be going" as he couldn't be bothered with 30 minutes of sitting down in front of a pc to fill in the online application.

Luckily & to save shame for me, their passports arrived back within 10 working days with said visas.

H.
I usually do the families visa apps at the same time as mine but my son could not get his finger out and get new passports in time so now they will have to do their own. It is their 5th holiday in Goa and it will be the first time they have sorted their own visas. Just hope he gets on with it and gets them done in time.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Simply amazing!

Good to know K800mer - would be interested to learn when they are ready for you to collect. I have appointment at Victoria at 0830 on the Tuesday 13th Dec & am hoping they will be ready for collection by the end of that week. I try to get to Victoria for about 0815 & find that I am usually out & heading back home by just after 0900 !

Some friends already in Benaulim & Candolim have reported not many British tourists around yet...............
Old Dec 4th 2011, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iain492001
...Some friends already in Benaulim & Candolim have reported not many British tourists around yet...............
Some Goan friends in Candolim reporting that many regular long-termers are not coming this year.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 4th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Some Goan friends in Candolim reporting that many regular long-termers are not coming this year.

AndyD 8-)#
Perhaps they are like me and have decided to have Christmas at home this year!
It's not like anyone can just pop home for a couple of weeks.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 12:21 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they are like me and have decided to have Christmas at home this year!
It's not like anyone can just pop home for a couple of weeks.
Quite a few are not coming until January, others have moved on. We have approx. 14 couples in our shack who are here for the Season.

Russians, Russians, everywhere. The beach girls have three prices, Ours, tweekers, and Russians.
Went to look at leather bags, the owner said, don't look at the prices that is for the Russians, and he did not drop his price for them.

Last edited by noni; Dec 4th 2011 at 12:24 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Good to know K800mer - would be interested to learn when they are ready for you to collect. I have appointment at Victoria at 0830 on the Tuesday 13th Dec & am hoping they will be ready for collection by the end of that week. I try to get to Victoria for about 0815 & find that I am usually out & heading back home by just after 0900 !

Some friends already in Benaulim & Candolim have reported not many British tourists around yet...............
In theory Iain... hand them in Tuesday ready for collection Thursday afternoon....but if you are waiting for sms that doesn`t arrive until 3pm or later or even checking on-line doesn`t give you much chance to get into London.

You`ll def be able to pick them up friday!!

You have left 2 months before applying I assume?
J
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our visas are now ready to collect so that is two working days as they went in on Thursday afternoon and were ready some time this afternoon.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by msj5
In theory Iain... hand them in Tuesday ready for collection Thursday afternoon....but if you are waiting for sms that doesn`t arrive until 3pm or later or even checking on-line doesn`t give you much chance to get into London.

You`ll def be able to pick them up friday!!

You have left 2 months before applying I assume?
J
Yes, I actually went into Victoria and checked, showing my passport with exit stamp 13th Oct, and they said I could re-apply 13th Dec, so......

I'm only a few tube stops from Victoria, so no real problem there. I found the SMS advice worked fine the last time.

Cheers
Iain
Old Dec 6th 2011, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Our visas are now ready to collect so that is two working days as they went in on Thursday afternoon and were ready some time this afternoon.
That's great news!!!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by noni
After all the problems members have been receiving obtaining Visa's thought it may help to put all the telephone numbers, email contacts in one place.

If any of you have got any other numbers, please add to the thread.
This thread is for information only.

http://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-U..._Passport.aspx[/url]
with this you can trace your passport and see at what stage your visa is
at would advise you to keep a watch on this, as they do not contact you
if there is a problem

Call center number 0905750045 95p a min + 6p min BT

[email protected]

Types of Visas: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visacategory.aspx

Documents required for your visa: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/documents.aspx

Visa Fees and Charges: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visafees.aspx

Your Visa Processing Time: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/processingtime.aspx

How to make an application online: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/applyonline.aspx

How to modify/ retrieve your application: https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK

How to apply by Post: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/postalapplication.aspx

Visa application Forms: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visaforms.aspx

Visa application Centres: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.aspx

Our Terms and Conditions: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/terms.aspx

Tracking the status of your visa application: https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-U..._Passport.aspx

Complaints number 02078113976, Monday to Friday between 0900hrs - 1300hrs & 1400hrs - 1700hrs

[email protected]

[email protected]
Call center number is incorrect it should be 09057570045.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 10:56 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tina1
Call center number is incorrect it should be 09057570045.
Have you a problem?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
Have you a problem?
Did have. Computer froze at the end of one application at the print screen. Then the screen went blank. Stupidly I hadn't taken note of the ref no.!!! Was told I would receive an email if it had gone through if not just fill out new form. Will do that now. It wasn't mine, it was OH. He always is awkward!!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tina1
Did have. Computer froze at the end of one application at the print screen. Then the screen went blank. Stupidly I hadn't taken note of the ref no.!!! Was told I would receive an email if it had gone through if not just fill out new form. Will do that now. It wasn't mine, it was OH. He always is awkward!!
Should have made him do it himself, as they are always right and perfect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.