Visa help.

Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by noni
Should have made him do it himself, as they are always right and perfect
Its done now. Just need signature.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tina1
Its done now. Just need signature.
3 signatures now, one below photo, one at end of visa form and one on vfs disclaimer.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by msj5
In theory Iain... hand them in Tuesday ready for collection Thursday afternoon....but if you are waiting for sms that doesn`t arrive until 3pm or later or even checking on-line doesn`t give you much chance to get into London.

You`ll def be able to pick them up friday!!

You have left 2 months before applying I assume?
J
Application forms handed in at Victoria Tuesday 13th morning (only 15 minute wait) and ready for collection today 15th (tho' I had over an hour to wait, as only one guy on the counter), but I'm not complaining.

Goa here we come early next week
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iain492001
Application forms handed in at Victoria Tuesday 13th morning (only 15 minute wait) and ready for collection today 15th (tho' I had over an hour to wait, as only one guy on the counter), but I'm not complaining.

Congratulations! Have a good flight.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iain492001

Great news Iain!
Safe journey home!

J
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Registration for long term X visa within 2 weeks, a 'nightmare' in Pune central reg. office. I had got forms from website, docs. etc. Not accepted. "They hadn't updated the website". Local Xerox shop had sample forms. A. (said students only but apparently the only form), C form re landlord even if there was no landlord.
Worse to come; had to go to police station close to residence to get proof of residence form. (Other side of city).
There more forms and docs. needed including spouses or fathers!!
When there they mentioned an affidavit, we realised more was expected than forms and docs., would need to PM about that!!!
Told to collect it next day. we thought we would have time then to go back to central office before leaving Pune in evening; but of course form not ready.
Brother in law will get it, and we will have to go to central office when we go back on 24th. Whether I will actually get registered eventually
Regretting now having got the wretched X Visa.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bipat
Registration for long term X visa within 2 weeks, a 'nightmare' in Pune central reg. office. ....
Regretting now having got the wretched X Visa.
It is comparatively painless in Panjim - remind me why you needed to register within 14 days.... info page now here:

Registration is required for

All foreigners including foreigners of Indian origin visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) Student visa(S) (including those coming for study of Yoga, Vedic Culture, Indian system of dance and Music), Research Visa(R), Employment Visa(E), Medical(M), Medical Attendant(MX) and Missionary Visa (M) will be required to get themselves registered with concerned Registration Officer within 14 days of his/her first arrival, irrespective of the duration of their stay.

Foreigners visiting India are required to register within 14 days in case of stipulation/ observation/ Special endorsement made by Indian mission/ Embassy on the Indian Visa.

Foreigners visiting India on other categories of long term visa including business/Entry(X) visa would not require registration with the concerned FRROs/FROs if , repeat if duration of his/her stay does not exceed 180 days on a single visit. In case a foreigner intends to stay for more than 180 days on a single visit he should get himself registered well before the expiry of 180 days.
AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
It is comparatively painless in Panjim - remind me why you needed to register within 14 days
AndyD 8-)#
It is printed on the new photo visas " Registration required within 14 days of arrival in India for Visas valid for more than 180 days"

Got my visa in August. I was reprimanded for "leaving it to the last minute to register".
OH who has an older visa doesn't have to register, confirmed at the office.
I am hoping they go back to the old rules of, 'only if you stay longer than 180 days', otherwise I will cancel this visa.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

It is printed on the new photo visas " Registration required within 14 days of arrival in India for Visas valid for more than 180 days"

Got my visa in August. I was reprimanded for "leaving it to the last minute to register".
OH who has an older visa doesn't have to register, confirmed at the office.
I am hoping they go back to the old rules of, 'only if you stay longer than 180 days', otherwise I will cancel this visa.
This has been on printed on visas at least as long as they've been pre-printed stickers (probably 1998) - it has always been superceded by the rules on the Landing Permit, also more recentlye on the Immigration website; it is not definitive (just like the statement on all visas which said "Tourist Visa Not Extendable"). Indeed for many years the FRO's refused to register you until your stay approached 180 days (which has been widely reported).
I have one of the new visas and was quite surprised to be allowed to register in the first few weeks. Even if they are now enforcing the 14 day rule for X visas (and I'm pretty sure they aren't) the fine for late registration is fairly trivial.

otherwise I will cancel this visa
Now why would you do that? You only have to Register once, and the RP is usually co-terminus with your visa!!!

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by a_f_d; Dec 23rd 2011 at 4:31 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=a_f_d;9804238]This has been on printed on visas at least as long as they've been pre-printed stickers (probably 1998) - it has always been superceded by the rules on the Landing Permit, also more recentlye on the Immigration website; it is not definitive (just like the statement on all visas which said "Tourist Visa Not Extendable"). Indeed for many years the FRO's refused to register you until your stay approached 180 days (which has been widely reported).
I have one of the new visas and was quite surprised to be allowed to register in the first few weeks. Even if they are now enforcing the 14 day rule for X visas (and I'm pretty sure they aren't) the fine for late registration is fairly trivial.

Now why would you do that? You only have to Register once, and the RP is usually co-terminus with your visa!!!

Andy this visa looks quite different from all other 5 year visas we have had,
I confirmed that registration is necessary at the registation office, and it is on each entry as our circumstances are different.
I don't need a RP as we come for 1, 2 or 3 short stays each year.
It is just to confirm that you have registered. I think it was K800mer who mentioned a friend who had difficulty leaving when not registered and I was warned in Pune this could happen if I did not register. In fact the officer said "get a tourist next time".
Old Dec 24th 2011, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Andy this visa looks quite different from all other 5 year visas we have had,
I confirmed that registration is necessary at the registation office, and it is on each entry as our circumstances are different.
I don't need a RP as we come for 1, 2 or 3 short stays each year.
It is just to confirm that you have registered. I think it was K800mer who mentioned a friend who had difficulty leaving when not registered and I was warned in Pune this could happen if I did not register. In fact the officer said "get a tourist next time".
My 1-year X looks like this
but without the 180 day endorsement.

What you are being told makes no sense. The Immigration website I gave a link for is also linked by the VFS site and it is quite clear i) that registration is only required if stay is to be over 180 days, ii) that registration is only needed on first visit.
In Goa (and from discussions on other threads also in most other places in India) registration implies being given a RP/RC - indeed the relevant law says that the registering officer 'shall' give you this document.
Depending on which FRO you use you may have to get an exit stamp before leaving India; but you only give up the RP when 'finally' leaving.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 24th 2011, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by a_f_d
My 1-year X looks like this http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/images/kno...a_clip_new.jpg
but without the 180 day endorsement.

What you are being told makes no sense. The Immigration website I gave a link for is also linked by the VFS site and it is quite clear i) that registration is only required if stay is to be over 180 days, ii) that registration is only needed on first visit.
In Goa (and from discussions on other threads also in most other places in India) registration implies being given a RP/RC - indeed the relevant law says that the registering officer 'shall' give you this document.
Depending on which FRO you use you may have to get an exit stamp before leaving India; but you only give up the RP when 'finally' leaving.

AndyD 8-)#
My visa is different to yours Andy, there is a printed area re registration. The Pune office is experienced as 100s of students go there also foreign business people. The Officer agreed the 'new' rules were crazy (he laughed) but said nothing he could do about it. (We are only staying 10 weeks this time).
OH with older visa has no problems does not need to register, which adds to the nonsense.
Unfortunately we have to go along with what they say, arguing will not get anywhere). Regarding future visits we will find out later, the main concern this time is that we can both leave India without problem.
Would be a bother to do it in Karwar where present property is as need to go to Hubli (most of the day journey).
Anyway thanks for your interest, about to flyback to Pune hope at least to get the local Aundh police station form that we are actually staying there.

Last edited by Bipat; Dec 24th 2011 at 4:40 am.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

My visa is different to yours Andy, there is a printed area re registration. ....
Like this?

(sorry if it's the wrong way round).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 24th 2011, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

ruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really nice

My visa is different to yours Andy, there is a printed area re registration. The Pune office is experienced as 100s of students go there also foreign business people. The Officer agreed the 'new' rules were crazy (he laughed) but said nothing he could do about it. (We are only staying 10 weeks this time).
OH with older visa has no problems does not need to register, which adds to the nonsense.
Unfortunately we have to go along with what they say, arguing will not get anywhere). Regarding future visits we will find out later, the main concern this time is that we can both leave India without problem.
Would be a bother to do it in Karwar where present property is as need to go to Hubli (most of the day journey).
Anyway thanks for your interest, about to flyback to Pune hope at least to get the local Aundh police station form that we are actually staying there.
I think it is clear from what you say, you do have a special and different status. Presumably that extends to the rule about registration and being out of station for more then 2 weeks. The rules indicate very clearly that you have to re register once you move away from the state you registered in for more than a period of 2 weeks. You obviously have don't have to do that because of your very special status. You obviously know a lot more about India than people who live there all year or for six months, some of whom have diverse experiences over many years, and some who are also married to Indians. My winter holiday wish to you is that you would consider the knowledge of others alongside your own and would not be so defensive. I am clearly going of thread but have to say -Team Anna 2012! what planet is he and Kiran Beddi on. India is in a mess and yes the UK too, but at least people are not starving as they are in India and women have rights to live.

r
Old Dec 25th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

... Pune office is experienced as 100s of students go there also foreign business people. ....
... and that may just be the problem - both Student and Employment visa holders do need to register within 14 days, but X visa (and B visa) holders do not - according to both MHA and Immigration FAQs

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.