Visa help.

Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by Bipat
I assume you accept now that it is possible to get long term entry visas even when a PIO card is not possible???
I accept that where things Indian are concerned most things are possible and nothing is certain, but the published requirements for getting a long-term (i.e. 5 year) 'X' visa from the UK appear identical to those for a PIO card (also there was a big fuss in the USA a year or so back when PIO's were refused 10-year T visas and told to get the more expensive X visa or PIO card or OCI). I certainly accept that some people have trouble getting PIO/OCI if they can't produce an old passport** - there have been several reports that these difficulties are more likely to occur for people who don't 'look' Indian or those producing ancestral documents relating to 'British India'. However I would have expected these people to have the same problems getting a 5-yr 'X' - and, in Goa at least, be unable to Register property in their name.
I have no personal knowledge because I don't qualify for PIO, having no Indian ancestry that I know of.

** patently ridiculous since the rules allow you to go back three generations - to a time when very very few Indians would have had a passport (and when nearly all official documents would relate to 'British India').

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by a_f_d; Feb 7th 2012 at 5:10 am.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I accept that where things Indian are concerned most things are possible and nothing is certain, but the published requirements for getting a long-term (i.e. 5 year) 'X' visa from the UK appear identical to those for a PIO card (also there was a big fuss in the USA a year or so back when PIO's were refused 10-year T visas and told to get the more expensive X visa or PIO card or OCI). I certainly accept that some people have trouble getting PIO/OCI if they can't produce an old passport** - there have been several reports that these difficulties are more likely to occur for people who don't 'look' Indian or those producing ancestral documents relating to 'British India'. However I would have expected these people to have the same problems getting a 5-yr 'X' - and, in Goa at least, be unable to Register property in their name.
I have no personal knowledge because I don't qualify for PIO, having no Indian ancestry that I know of.

** patently ridiculous since the rules allow you to go back three generations - to a time when very very few Indians would have had a passport (and when nearly all official documents would relate to 'British India').

AndyD 8-)#
Agree that the list of required documents now is the same for both. Could it be that originally the requirements for visa were less strict and that they accepted other documents ? and used discretion. I can't remember.

If a 5 year had ever been issued then to renew presumably would not be so difficult except in (2010), when I was refused.

(As to looks I don't think OH has ever been for his own visa, usual male excuse, "you are better at these things dear".
In 2010 I was told re my own renewal "even if he looks Indian, doesn't mean he is Indian" although she laughed. In 2011 back to normal.)
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bipat
Agree that the list of required documents now is the same for both. Could it be that originally the requirements for visa were less strict and that they accepted other documents ? and used discretion. I can't remember.

If a 5 year had ever been issued then to renew presumably would not be so difficult except in (2010), when I was refused.

(As to looks I don't think OH has ever been for his own visa, usual male excuse, "you are better at these things dear".
In 2010 I was told re my own renewal "even if he looks Indian, doesn't mean he is Indian" although she laughed. In 2011 back to normal.)
going to nepal, bali, for two months out. what of two, is best for visa, and how long will I get. thank you.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by leegrand
going to nepal, bali, for two months out. what of two, is best for visa, and how long will I get. thank you.
May be worth reading thro` this re Bali, I know Malayasia HCI only give to residents and Nationals.

http://indianembassyjakarta.com/consular_visa.html

Re Bali...you do know you can only get a visa for 30 days!!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msj5
May be worth reading thro` this re Bali, I know Malayasia HCI only give to residents and Nationals.

http://indianembassyjakarta.com/consular_visa.html

Re Bali...you do know you can only get a visa for 30 days!!
Thanks for that...where can I go apart from uk to get 6 months visa.
anywhere. thank you.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that...where can I go apart from uk to get 6 months visa.
anywhere. thank you.
I`m off to Sri Lanka but don`t need to get a visa fortunately but there they are now issuing 6 month visa or your highly likely to get a 6 month in Thailand as a one off....but dont try and get 6 months there after that.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

I`m off to Sri Lanka but don`t need to get a visa fortunately but there they are now issuing 6 month visa or your highly likely to get a 6 month in Thailand as a one off....but dont try and get 6 months there after that.
thanks for the info. if you leave goa for anywhere, you have to stay out for two months, or, has it changed.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 5:20 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
** patently ridiculous since the rules allow you to go back three generations - to a time when very very few Indians would have had a passport (and when nearly all official documents would relate to 'British India')
Hello Andy

Yes thats true, but its not just the proof of old passports that is necessary, its also possible to submit some other 'proof' of their (i.e. ancestors') birth and/or residence anywhere in (erstwhile, pre-1947, undivided) India.

These links may be useful :

http://www.immihelp.com/nri/overseas...an-origin.html for eligibility

http://www.immihelp.com/nri/overseascitizenshipindia/ overview of rules

For visa, and other info of foreigners' registration etc. check the Ministry of Home Affairs links http://www.mha.nic.in/home.asp and http://passport.gov.in/vfc/frro_rpt.html

A word of caution... since everything can be done online, best not to avail services of dubious agents/middlemen. And if anyone still needs some assistance, can approach a reliable established firm of legal consultants. Their charges may be a bit higher but things will be done in a proper way, above board.

The regulars here on BE forum may already have this info but I do hope this helps new members.

Cheers
Old Feb 11th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for the info. if you leave goa for anywhere, you have to stay out for two months, or, has it changed.
Two months out is still in place but Prime Minister of India has stated (22 Jan) that a solution to the 2 months would be found in the next ONE month...so hopeful!!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

N.B. (Also reported in today's ToI).

Visa Facilitation center of the Foreigners Division has shifted from Jaiselmer House to NDCC-II Building, JAI SINGH Road, OFF Parliament Street, Near Jantar Mantar, NEW DELHI - 110001, with effective from 04/04/2012.

Check here..

<Moderators - maybe this should be a Sticky?>

AndyD 8-)#
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

We flew out on Tuesday, scheduled flight out of Dabolim.
Immigration immediately spotted the RP stamp next to our visas and asked for the Residence Permits - I said we might be coming back, they replied that unless we were definitely coming back within two months we must surrender rhe RP's but they told us to make a note of the RP number and if we did return on the same visa to quote it to the FRO at Panjim.
We did have exit stamps but I couldn't see whether they checked for them.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pleased to say i have just picked up a 6 month X visa. I tried applying for a year but VFS would only let me apply for 6 months , but i`m not complaining.

Old Apr 17th 2012, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Pleased to say i have just picked up a 6 month X visa. I tried applying for a year but VFS would only let me apply for 6 months , but i`m not complaining.

Wow! Fantastic! Perhaps they will let you go for a year next time.

Congratulations. When do you get back?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

WELL DONE. Jill. Could be the visa rules & regs are relaxing just a little?

Rgds
Iain
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:41 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Good news msj5 - pleased for you

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.