Visa help.

Old Dec 27th 2011, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by a_f_d
... and that may just be the problem - both Student and Employment visa holders do need to register within 14 days, but X visa (and B visa) holders do not - according to both MHA and Immigration FAQs

AndyD 8-)#
Andy I can only say what is actually happening 'on the ground'.
Family members from USA are here for the wedding and rules have changed for one of them who has a new visa.
Previously they all came on tourist visas, but this time the one individual has been told that all those who were born in India or had father born in India must have an X visa. (This is USA). His Visa also has the same registration instruction as mine. We are both going this afternoon to the office. I now have the police authority of residence.
Whatever insults Ruskin may give I can only report what is actually happening. Regardless of what you have read. There seem to be some new rules.
Will let you know what happens but will be out of touch for a while as no dongle to use in karwar.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

You could take a copy of the MHA/Immigration rules with you.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. Are these registration instructions on the new visas the same as the picture I posted?
Old Dec 27th 2011, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

You could take a copy of the MHA/Immigration rules with you.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. Are these registration instructions on the new visas the same as the picture I posted?
I tried quoting last time !!! I also had a printout of the Pune office website, which is apparently quite clear. OH had to restrain my irritation as making situation worse!!!!

Instructions on visa are different from the picture. 3 lines of small print, which I only discovered after the visa arrived. These were not on previous 5 yr.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bipat
... Instructions on visa are different from the picture. 3 lines of small print....
3 lines like my #1003 - or different to that?

In my experience there is no point quoting - hand over a nice clean (preferably colour) copy and let them study it, assure them it is current.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. I ztill get annoyed that thiz zite uzez Oxford (or maybe American) zpell check.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

.... I ztill get annoyed that thiz zite uzez Oxford (or maybe American) zpell check.
but the zite has redeemed itself by showing the rupee symbol (in my browser anyway)
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

but the zite has redeemed itself by showing the rupee symbol (in my browser anyway)
I think the spell check is american not english. My spelling is poor so I almost always use it and sometimes it wants me to change words I know are the correct english spelling.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by k800mer
I think the spell check is american not english. My spelling is poor so I almost always use it and sometimes it wants me to change words I know are the correct english spelling.
Yes, colour and sanitise etc. - but the trouble with spell checkers is they don't distinguish between lose loose; your you're; there their they're; its it's; etc.

AndyD ₹
Old Dec 27th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, colour and sanitise etc. - but the trouble with spell checkers is they don't distinguish between lose loose; your you're; there their they're; its it's; etc.

AndyD ₹
And to and too!

English grammar for you!!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by msj5
And to and too! and two

English grammar for you!!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

3 lines like my #1003 - or different to that?

In my experience there is no point quoting - hand over a nice clean (preferably colour) copy and let them study it, assure them it is current.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. I ztill get annoyed that thiz zite uzez Oxford (or maybe American) zpell check.
Had no facilities for printing.
But all is clear now, after 2 hours in the registration office . They are giving these new form visas to 'dependents' that is spouse or children of previous Indian passport holders.
I was told I could have asked for endorsement with the 180 day rule on application. How could we know that?????
Fortunately had all OH documents which they asked for.
I am now registered for 1 year only. (will sort this out when return to UK).
Had to pay 30 dollar late fee, 10 dollars a day.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are a brit married to an indian do you still have to stay out for two months. thank you.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by leegrand
if you are a brit married to an indian do you still have to stay out for two months. thank you.
Do you mean someone of Indian origin or an Indian national?'
If of Indian origin and travelling on a 'long term entry visa (X)' the answer is no for both, but as above there are new rules on registration.

If travelling on tourist visas then the 2 month rule applies to both whatever the spouse's origin.

I don't know the rules about spouse of an Indian national but I met a German women in the Pune office, married to a Goan and living in Goa for 9 years. She had come there for extension of her visa. Presumably she originally had a long-term visa. The last I saw she was leaving the building muttering expletives as she had yet again been given only one year extension.

Last edited by Bipat; Jan 31st 2012 at 11:25 am.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bipat
Do you mean someone of Indian origin or an Indian national?'
If of Indian origin and travelling on a 'long term entry visa (X)' the answer is no for both, but as above there are new rules on registration.

If travelling on tourist visas then the 2 month rule applies to both whatever the spouse's origin.

I don't know the rules about spouse of an Indian national but I met a German women in the Pune office, married to a Goan and living in Goa for 9 years. She had come there for extension of her visa. Presumably she originally had a long-term visa. The last I saw she was leaving the building muttering expletives as she had yet again been given only one year extension.
both: ... The MHA site is quite explicit that renewals are only for one year (to a max. of 5 years) BUT there is a strange new rule about PIO's (not sure about spouses) applying to the FR[R]O for exemption from the two-month rule (presumably before leaving India). Also of course spouses of Indian Citizens can get PIO cards.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 1st 2012, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

both: ... The MHA site is quite explicit that renewals are only for one year (to a max. of 5 years) BUT there is a strange new rule about PIO's (not sure about spouses) applying to the FR[R]O for exemption from the two-month rule (presumably before leaving India). Also of course spouses of Indian Citizens can get PIO cards.

AndyD 8-)#
A friend whos husband has a PIO card now travels on a one year tourist visa and applies each time for an extension to the 180 days as they stay for more than 6 months. This involves filling in forms in triplicate, visits to police stations and a visit to her by the police, presumably to check where she is staying. Other years she has got an extension but this year she is still waiting to hear.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by k800mer
A friend whos husband has a PIO card now travels on a one year tourist visa and applies each time for an extension to the 180 days as they stay for more than 6 months. This involves filling in forms in triplicate, visits to police stations and a visit to her by the police, presumably to check where she is staying. Other years she has got an extension but this year she is still waiting to hear.
Is this the same friend you mentioned before?

If she goes back to an entry X visa she would go through the same procedure, as registration, even if staying less than 180 days, unless asking for endorsement with 180 day rule on application.

I would be interested to know if any foreign husbands of Indian wives are getting visas with the new registration rules?

Or is this a way of allowing Indian husbands to control their wife's travel, even when they are no longer Indian, as all husband's docs. have to be produced?

All Indian women (in India) have to get a letter of "No objection" from husbands or fathers when they apply for or renew passports. Causes a lot of annoyance and difficulties, if for instance husband has gone ahead abroad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.