GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old May 23rd 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by japdealer
why are asking for money are you a money grabbing Goan?
Hi japdealer,

Do i sound like a bloody goan?

I am just a poor (er) FN. (poorer for being in goa that is)

Who are you, do you sell japanese people or something, or are you a mate of saliwoos?

Disclose all, or pay £10 as well.

regards
douglas
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Saliwooo
Don't listen to all the rumours, our solicitor has told us there is no way the Goan goverment will take your property away from you, the only person legally allowed to take property, if something has been done illegally, is the Indian Prime Minister. So hold tight guys it might not be as bad as the scaremongers are making out, also on the bright side there is no where in FEMA which says a foriegner cannot buy property in India / Goa and it does not say you have to have an X visa to buy either. Don't forget Goa is only a state ( yes i know in a real state ) and when all said and done they will have to do as the Indian goverment tell them,also i know of 2 sales that have been registered for sale deeds to fn in the last 2 weeks with no complications and no bribes paid.
FEMA does state that non resident foreign nationals cannot buy property in India.

Also a segment from the Global Property Guide,
How difficult is the property purchase process in India?

A foreign national of non-Indian origin resident outside India cannot buy any immovable property in India. It is illegal for foreign nationals to own property in India unless they satisfy the residency requirement of 183 days in a financial year (a tourist visa lasts for 180 days). It is also illegal to buy property on a tourist visa.
Moreover property cannot be purchased jointly in the name of one eligible person with one non-eligible person. That means a non-resident Indian (NRI) or foreign national of Indian origin (PIO) cannot buy a property jointly with a foreigner (see the excellent Reserve Bank of India FAQ http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33).

Regards,
Remy

PS. Heres the Indian Global Property Guide full link for interesting reading including info on stamp duties.

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/A...a/Buying-Guide

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; May 23rd 2008 at 5:40 pm.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
FEMA does state that non resident foreign nationals cannot buy property in India.

Also a segment from the Global Property Guide,
How difficult is the property purchase process in India?

A foreign national of non-Indian origin resident outside India cannot buy any immovable property in India. It is illegal for foreign nationals to own property in India unless they satisfy the residency requirement of 183 days in a financial year (a tourist visa lasts for 180 days). It is also illegal to buy property on a tourist visa.
Moreover property cannot be purchased jointly in the name of one eligible person with one non-eligible person. That means a non-resident Indian (NRI) or foreign national of Indian origin (PIO) cannot buy a property jointly with a foreigner (see the excellent Reserve Bank of India FAQ http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33).

Regards,
Remy

PS. Heres the Indian Global Property Guide full link for interesting reading including info on stamp duties.

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/A...a/Buying-Guide

You tell him Remy,

And make sure you get your money, fining for misinforming is the way forward.

Ive tried challenging and abusing with limited succcess.

After fining, we could develop things further and have the thought police. Any time any contributor even thinks of misinforming, they could recieve an electric shock by remote control!

That way we would have a pure site, devoid of misinformation and create a true master race of contributors, fully conversant with FEMA and the 1908 registration act!

Or do you think thats a bit extreme?

kind regards
douglas
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Douglas M
You tell him Remy,

And make sure you get your money, fining for misinforming is the way forward.

Ive tried challenging and abusing with limited succcess.

After fining, we could develop things further and have the thought police. Any time any contributor even thinks of misinforming, they could recieve an electric shock by remote control!

That way we would have a pure site, devoid of misinformation and create a true master race of contributors, fully conversant with FEMA and the 1908 registration act!

Or do you think thats a bit extreme?

kind regards
douglas
Sounds fair to me
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:05 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fair to me
Are bribes allowed?
Back to my 'noffi
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes but cash only in twenty pound sterling notes....used notes only of course. Brief Cases filled with used notes also excepted for big favours.....oh and if your an MP put it down as expenses,the tax payer will cover it. Sky TV also paid in full for Prime Ministers and Presidents.....Peerages excepted.

Regards,
Lord Remy.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:48 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes but cash only in twenty pound sterling notes....used notes only of course. Brief Cases filled with used notes also excepted for big favours.....oh and if your an MP put it down as expenses,the tax payer will cover it. Sky TV also paid in full for Prime Ministers and Presidents.....Peerages excepted.

Regards,
Lord Remy.

Thanks to emsirrah for taking the time to type out the transcript and to the brave BE people who went on the programme,
Old May 24th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Hi for those of us here in Goa, and could'nt listen to the programme and still cant, can you give us a brief of what was said, and where we take this "small matter" to thanks
Keith Vaz reiterated the advice that people DO need to contact their MP's to ask them to make representation to the British High Commissioner to India to get this sorted out.
...if you go to the BBC website you can download the programme from http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyo...n/friday.shtml
but only for the next 7 days.

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 24th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

P.S. I'm off to the UK for a bit - would someone in Goa like to write to the newspapers and tell Churchill A that yes he can buy property in the UK, and as far as I know also in Paris, or Amsterdam.

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 24th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Keith Vaz reiterated the advice that people DO need to contact their MP's to ask them to make representation to the British High Commissioner to India to get this sorted out.
...if you go to the BBC website you can download the programme from http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyo...n/friday.shtml
but only for the next 7 days.

AndyD 8-)#

Hi Andy,

Several points, K vaz has no credibility, he thinks there has been a significant change in indian law and there hasnt.

He thinks 40 percent of goa is owned by FNs and it isnt.

An indian resident FN would not be contacting his / her mp , cuz they wouldnt have one.

If the FN isnt indian resident, they dont have a case.

kind regards

douglas
Old May 24th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

As i have been a "resident" in goa for the last 6 years, and have no ties with the UK apart from being a British Citizen, i would not be able to contact my MP whoever he/she may be.
I am a resident of Goa and i have a letter from the RBI tp prove it, if other people have the same status as myself why cant we loby the central government of india.
It needed someone on that interview that knew the rules/laws whatever but yet again those people never came forward, well its down to the ones who really want to get out of this mess, wonder how many come forward and start writing to the government in india not goa!!!!!!

Last edited by poppetjay; May 24th 2008 at 9:50 am. Reason: missed out a word
Old May 24th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poppetjay
As i have been a "resident" in goa for the last 6 years, and have no ties with the UK apart from being a British Citizen, i would not be able to contact my MP whoever he/she may be.
I am a resident of Goa and i have a letter from the RBI tp prove it, if other people have the same status as myself why cant we loby the central government of india.
It needed someone on that interview that knew the rules/laws whatever but yet again those people never came forward, well its down to the ones who really want to get out of this mess, wonder how many come forward and start writing to the government in india not goa!!!!!!
Hi poppetjay,

You are getting there, apart from your bit about contacting indian central govt.

It is central govt that is driving the policy of FN exclusion, the goan govt is just along for the ride.

Evidence - visa withdrawal is a central govt home dept policy.

Evidence - dof e investigation, RBI is a central govt agency.

Evidence- the goan govt could not behave like this, without cooperation from central govt.

RBI and home dept are the two most powerful offices in the land ,and they mean business.

kind regards
douglas
Old May 24th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

[your point being?QUOTE=Douglas M;6388247]Hi poppetjay,

You are getting there, apart from your bit about contacting indian central govt.

It is central govt that is driving the policy of FN exclusion, the goan govt is just along for the ride.

Evidence - visa withdrawal is a central govt home dept policy.

Evidence - dof e investigation, RBI is a central govt agency.

Evidence- the goan govt could not behave like this, without cooperation from central govt.

RBI and home dept are the two most powerful offices in the land ,and they mean business.

kind regards
douglas[/QUOTE]
Old May 24th 2008, 11:04 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

[
Hi Poppetjay

Good luck to you when you take on the authorities.
I am giving up for BE the time being - it is all too depressing

Which every way you look at it we are up the creek without a paddle, our future is in the lap of the Gods.

Good luck

Old May 24th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi noni
well may as well go down fighting with or without a paddle, as you said my friend has more to lose, and while the kids are away can get down and get dirty so to speak, first port of call sub registrar first thing monday morning, watch this space cant wait!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.