Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Dicky,
OH Dear having second thoughts, I don't blame you at all. Our decision is made for us but "You pay your money and take your chance" pity, we do not have a crystal ball. Still waiting for my Goan guests - I bet they do not take Rupees on the Seven Bridge.

Hi Douglas - just had an email from a very good friend dual passport Goan-USA, he is in the middle of a deal buying property on Samr Island, he hopes it comes off - is that far from you? If it does might be over in a year or so with a new vest for Mrs. ~D.
Hi Noni,

Maybe the samar islands in the philippines, not too far away from us, there are a few philippinos here. I am trying not to mention the vest thing, otherwise mrs douglas might not let me wear my lone ranger outfit again. I hope your guests arrive soon.

It would be nice to meet you if you pass this way.

kind regards
douglas
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:19 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Noni,

Maybe the samar islands in the philippines, not too far away from us, there are a few philippinos here. I am trying not to mention the vest thing, otherwise mrs douglas might not let me wear my lone ranger outfit again. I hope your guests arrive soon.

It would be nice to meet you if you pass this way.

kind regards
douglas
He spelt in Samr Island Malaysia - I know it has those lovely huts that go out into the sea.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:01 am
Banned

Milward is an unknown quantity at this point

I belive now all the FN's will be able to register their properties.....
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Milward
Hi Milward,

We have found your posts to be suspect in the past.

Please supply more detail as to where you obtained this iformation, conditions for registration etc.

Thank you
douglas
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:52 am
KKK
Forum Regular

KKK will become famous soon enoughKKK will become famous soon enough

Hi Milward,

We have found your posts to be suspect in the past.

Please supply more detail as to where you obtained this iformation, conditions for registration etc.

Thank you
douglas
Hi Douglas

I think what he is hinting at is the possible ramifications of the political “coup” in Goa for the property scene. Have a look at Heraldo or Navhind Times.

Regards

KKK
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KKK
Hi Douglas

I think what he is hinting at is the possible ramifications of the political “coup” in Goa for the property scene. Have a look at Heraldo or Navhind Times.

Regards

KKK
Hi KKK,

Thank you for that interpretation. Perhaps milward will provide some justification for his statement, in the meantime it is on the same level as the democrats claiming they can bring peace to the middle east.

regards
douglas
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:55 am
KKK
Forum Regular

KKK will become famous soon enoughKKK will become famous soon enough

Hi KKK,
in the meantime it is on the same level as the democrats claiming they can bring peace to the middle east.

regards
douglas

KKK
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

Looks like tribalism and protectionism is increasing in goa , rather than decreasing, see herald report below.

Ban sale of farmlands to non-Goans: Lok Shakti
BY HERALD REPORTER
MARGAO, JULY 25 — Lok Shakti has demanded an immediate ban on sale of agricultural, forest and orchard land to non-Goans to arrest the alarming trend of non-Goan investors buying land in Goa.

It has also demanded the immediate introduction of multipurpose identity cards to all residents of Goa latest by March 31. This date should be considered as cut off date and any migrant entering Goa thereafter should not be entitled to any government schemes, including low cost house, Dayanand Niradhar Yojana etc, maintained Lok Shakti President Dr Francisco Colaco.
He said Goa should follow the example of other Indian States especially Himachal Pradesh where agricultural land sale to outsiders is banned.
Colaco said the government should ban issuance of fresh ration cards to migrants unless they produce cancellation of their ration cards in their native States. Lok Shakti has warned ministers and MLAs not to pressurise officers into issuing of ration cards and granting of other facilities otherwise available for Goans.
“Strong measures are required to stop influx of non-Goans in Goa which if allowed to continue will make Goans minority in their own land”, he said, adding that Lok Shakti has decided to organise meeting all over Goa.
He said the Lok Shakti meeting took stock of the alarming rate at which Goans are migrating to foreign countries leaving the State open for influx from other States to fill in the gap of entrepreneurial opportunities. “We will organise meetings at various places to explain the dangerous stand which shall set at naught the Goan identity”, he asserted.
The decisions taken by the Executive Committee of Lok Shakti were subsequent to a seminar on “Safeguarding Goan Identity” which was addressed by Dr Peter Roland D’Souza of Jawaharlal Nehru University and Sandesh Prabhudessai, Editor of Sunaparant.
The intellectuals and social activists from all over Goa participated in the seminar and an action plan to stop migrant influx in Goa was discussed threadbare.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:05 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milward
Wonderful news, please tell us how? Have many friends desperate for this news
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

dickylewis is on a distinguished road

Noni

I am still pulling out a the moment; should I be having second thoughts or is this more smoke and mirrors?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dickylewis
Noni

I am still pulling out a the moment; should I be having second thoughts or is this more smoke and mirrors?
Hi Dicky

Think Noni must have let the heavy rain get to her brain
- she must have had her soaked FN head on to think that things have changed.
Lets see what the answers are to her .......questions

Keep your money in your bank account.

old man
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

dickylewis is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that. Sadly my £12K deposit is in the bank of Churchill and I am trying to get it back. Strangely enough the money went into their account swiftly enough as a deposit on an apartment in Siolim and is finding much harder to get back out now that I have had second thoughts!!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Douglas M;5106788]Hi all,

Looks like tribalism and protectionism is increasing in goa , rather than decreasing, see herald report below.

Ban sale of farmlands to non-Goans: Lok Shakti
BY HERALD REPORTER
MARGAO, JULY 25 — Lok Shakti has demanded an immediate ban on sale of agricultural, forest and orchard land to non-Goans to arrest the alarming trend of non-Goan investors buying land in Goa.
QUOTE]

Hi All
I was under the impression that according to RBI/FEMA rules FNs were not allowed to buy Agricultural land, so as Douglas says this is tribalism and for once we are not being aimed at. It is obviously aimed at Out of Staters/Non Goans.
Nice to see Milward back on, Goa's answer to Mr Fixit, he has in the past offered to help in all sorts of ways, obviously free of charge and in an altruistic way.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dickylewis
Noni

Hi dicky,

I think noni was being facetious and milward is jumping to conclusions and inadvertently misinforming.

regards
douglas
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

indiapurple will become famous soon enoughindiapurple will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KKK
Hi Douglas

Regards

KKK
If the coup had been successful, what difference could it have made to our situation?

regards
indiapurple

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.