Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

LINEMAN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Thanks for that old man,

The olive ridley resturant in morjim was also closed in 05 due to a FN visa withdrawal according to the locals.

Douglas is a pain, but he is usually right and he is neutral, so thats ok.

Interestingly, the most ardent challengers on this site to date, have had a vested interest in goan property.

regards
douglas
Hi Douglas
Just back from a week at sea,and been looking through the
thread. I agree with what you say, it seems that people with vested
intrests are making a concerted effort to draw more newbies into
parting with money for nothing more than a lease and endless hassle.
Keep up with the advice.

LINEMAN
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

LINEMAN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by noni

That's a good one, must remember it.
Still undecided whether to travel all the way to the Embasssy in London, or just post the visa forms.

Have another few months yet before making the decision.
hI noni,
Sorry that yourself and others are having problems.You all seem
to be very nice people who just wanted a place of your own to
holiday in and ended up with worries and uncertainty.If I could wave
a magic wand and put things right I would. Just hope everything
turns out OK sometime in future.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:28 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LINEMAN
hI noni,
Sorry that yourself and others are having problems.You all seem
to be very nice people who just wanted a place of your own to
holiday in and ended up with worries and uncertainty.If I could wave
a magic wand and put things right I would. Just hope everything
turns out OK sometime in future.

:curse::curse:
JUST TO MAKE YOUR DAY PASSPORTS ARE GOING UP TO £72 FOR 10 YEARS, FROM OCTOBER.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

GCI5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rob50
Well, this is pretty much all rubbish.

First of all you cannot obtain a business visa unless you are a company director and any visa issuer would require sight of certificate of incorporation and memorandum and articles of association and also a letter signed by a director (crazy I know!). All fns I know have formed and registered companies on tourist visas. Renewing a business visa is a formality.

Regarding DIN, PAN, electronic signature etc, they are all a one time only thing and will be taken care of by a chartered accountant. It just involves signing a few forms and supplying photographs. As for local taxes this could be house tax , luxury tax, license - all necessary if you are running a hotel or guest house for example and all can be taken care of without much hassle using local staff (and there are some very good people about here) . RBI permission is not required to run any business or company, only a one time acknowledgement from them of declaration of Foreign Direct Investment in Form FC-GPR.

Filing audited annual accounts is necessary. There is absolutely no requirement to trade at a profit, and in some businesses, where substantial investment has been made, this is very difficult due to generous depreciation levels for tax purposes on buildings and equipment.

The remark regarding the employment of Goans, minimum wage etc is pure speculation and laughable in the extreme.

I could go on. I don't come here very often and have read a only fraction of the posts. All I can say is that it ain't half as bad as DM makes out. I'm not sure what drives him on his crusade, but he now appears to be flogging a dead horse.
Hi rob, i'd appreciate if you could send me a private message, i'd really like to get some more info from you egading setting up a compnay as i thinkthis is the only way to go...Thanks GCI5
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

"Foreign and Commonwealth Office Minister Lord Triesman said the additional charges would help fund services for Britons who get into trouble overseas."

hahahaHaHaHaHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Noni
Getting really fed up with all this now, think I will apply for Indian citizenship it would just make it easier all the way round. Wife can stay as she is, so we would still have a foot in UK and I can learn to waggle my head and sell fruit on the beach to unsupecting tourists, of course I will also own a strategically placed pharmacy, must be ready for the fall out.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
"Foreign and Commonwealth Office Minister Lord Triesman said the additional charges would help fund services for Britons who get into trouble overseas."

Hi a_f_d
Think you had better lie down for a while, that was close to hysterical
Regards
Tony P
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:11 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Shall we all contact him!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

just out of interest, has anyone even considered asking the Consul in Panjim for help?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

just out of interest, has anyone even considered asking the Consul in Panjim for help?
Good idea, karma given
TP
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by TONY P
Good idea, karma given
TP
Shall we have a collection FIRST.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shall we have a collection FIRST.
I have given freely, and will continue to do so, nobody seems to know how to give in this forum.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GCI5
Hi rob, i'd appreciate if you could send me a private message, i'd really like to get some more info from you egading setting up a compnay as i thinkthis is the only way to go...Thanks GCI5
You are a one GC15!

To set up a co in india, simply walk into a lawyers or an accountants office , tell them what you want, provide a few details , drop some money on the table and it will be done.

Drop some more money on the table and they will tell you its a good idea.

douglas
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LINEMAN
Hi Douglas
Just back from a week at sea,and been looking through the
thread. I agree with what you say, it seems that people with vested
intrests are making a concerted effort to draw more newbies into
parting with money for nothing more than a lease and endless hassle.
Keep up with the advice.

LINEMAN
Hi LINEMAN,

Thanks for that, being at sea sounds interesting. Do you want to tell us more about being at sea?

regards
douglas
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Noni,

You are so lovable.

Duggie is awake now - next deluded foreign national please step up to the plate.

kind regards
douglas
GOT THE ANSWER DOUGLAS TO MY PROBLEM. DIVORCE HUSBAND AND MARRY AND INDIAN. POSSIBLY TOY BOY.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.