Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Steve Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Originally Posted by noni

Hi Steve,
We have a thread called "Happy Meals" you should read all the current threads, they are not all doom and gloom, we really are a happy lot.
Everybody has to make his own choice after reading the dare I say "Buying" threads - Douglas and I do not have a choice in the matter. BUT we will survive
Hi Noni,

Thank you very much, I actualy think you guys do a great job in pointing out the legal facts of the situation and I'm very aware that some people amongst a very significant number of as yet un affected have sadly been burned and consequently they have every right to be extreemely miffed. I wish good luck to all of those who have, in what ever their future brings and continuing luck to those who havent and believe me I'm keeping just about everything that it is humanly possible to cross almost welded into that position regarding my own adventure.

Steve
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Tony and Noni,

Dicky does not have an interest.

The freeholder has not transferred anything to dicky at this stage.

The value of the said property and any fluctuation in its value isnt of any interest to anybody other than the freeholder.

There is no reason why dicky should not have his money back immediately, other than somebody has incurred an illegitimate cost of sale.

That contract was inappropriate ie they contracted to sell something at a future date with the legal equivalent of a twelve year old child.

The decent thing, would be to apologise and reimburse him immediately.

regards
douglas
Hi Douglas
You know what I meant and I agree with you they should reimburse immediately, less costs incurred. So why do you think that they have said that they will sell on his behalf when, as you have said, the freeholder has transferred nothing and he (DL) therefore owns nothing to sell.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Steve Martin
Hi Douglas,

I stand completely corrected about the use of the word buying, but you are making a huge assumption about my motives and are completely wrong, I really am not looking for positive reinforcement of my decision, I'm not that kind of guy, the decision was made by me and wouldnt be changed by anything that I have so far read on here, most of which I concur is completely true in its actuality if not always in its on the ground reality, I was neither looking for any comfort or hand holding to support my decision and neither am I seeking to influance other to follow my possible lunacy, I really was trying to compare notes, no more no less, mainly trying to find out if he had visited the site yet and was he able to give me any recomendations regarding furniture, kitchen appliances and groovy places to eat that i might have missed etc etc etc.

Hi Steve,

Douglas stands corrected, you will gets lots of advice from others on the fiddly bits. Its a great site apart from that douglas character and maybe that dicky fella.

regards
douglas
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi Douglas
You know what I meant and I agree with you they should reimburse immediately, less costs incurred. So why do you think that they have said that they will sell on his behalf when, as you have said, the freeholder has transferred nothing and he (DL) therefore owns nothing to sell.
Regards
Tony P
Hi Tony,

Cuz they are bullshitters and i just love bulshitters.

regards
douglas
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony,

Cuz they are bullshitters and i just love bulshitters.

regards
douglas
That farmyard smell
Regards
TP
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:37 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Douglas
Regards
Tony P
What about Dicky's costs, loss of interest on his money, and possibly loss of hair as well.
On the plus side he has made some great "thready friends" who he will buy a double round of drinks at the party in December, if he gets his money returned.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

What about Dicky's costs, loss of interest on his money, and possibly loss of hair as well.
On the plus side he has made some great "thready friends" who he will buy a double round of drinks at the party in December, if he gets his money returned.
Hi Noni,

Its gone very quiet on the dicky front, none of that manic toing and froing we used to have, "its too quite".

They used to say that on saturday morning pictures when i was kid..

The settlers would be standing outside their log cabin and they would say that and before you knew it, a flaming arrow would thud into the doorpost and then all these injuns would gallop down the hill whooping and hollering and raping and pillaging. Then the cavalry would come, or the lone ranger or the cisco kid and rescue them.

Bit like goa, but all youve got is douglas.

Douglas can ride a horse though, might get a lone ranger badge and maybe a tailored cowboy suit and one of those fancy stetson hats and i could be really patronizing and always on the side of the law like the lone ranger was.

Anyone who isnt old enough to know what saturday morning pictures was, probably wont get this.

regards
douglas
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:14 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Noni,

Its gone very quiet on the dicky front, none of that manic toing and froing we used to have, "its too quite".

They used to say that on saturday morning pictures when i was kid..

The settlers would be standing outside their log cabin and they would say that and before you knew it, a flaming arrow would thud into the doorpost and then all these injuns would gallop down the hill whooping and hollering and raping and pillaging. Then the cavalry would come, or the lone ranger or the cisco kid and rescue them.

Bit like goa, but all youve got is douglas.

Douglas can ride a horse though, might get a lone ranger badge and maybe a tailored cowboy suit and one of those fancy stetson hats and i could be really patronizing and always on the side of the law like the lone ranger was.

Anyone who isnt old enough to know what saturday morning pictures was, probably wont get this.

regards
douglas
Yes - miss Dicky calling you an arse etc! Think he really should buy then he can have his daily grumble with us. Is he still invited to the party!!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes - miss Dicky calling you an arse etc! Think he really should buy then he can have his daily grumble with us. Is he still invited to the party!!!!!
Hi Noni,

I really liked dicky, but he did call me names as you say and i bet he wouldnt like my new lone ranger suit either.

Perhaps we can draw him out with some jibes or taunts, like welshmen cant sing, they wouldnt let him fly proper planes, hondas are rubbish etc.

Lets see what happens eh.

regards

douglas
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:54 pm

Hi Noni,

I really liked dicky, but he did call me names as you say and i bet he wouldnt like my new lone ranger suit either.

Perhaps we can draw him out with some jibes or taunts, like welshmen cant sing, they wouldnt let him fly proper planes, hondas are rubbish etc.

Lets see what happens eh.

regards

douglas
You ARE slow you should ask him has he had his Wellies on this Spring and been up the mountains.
Must be careful as I think he lives my side of the bridge, so he won't have to pay the £5+ to batter me.

It is funny how you perceive people. I imagine Mrs. D. as a hippie letting all that Douglas says going over her head "saying peace man" wearing long skirts and belonging to the flower power people.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Noni,

regards
douglas
Hi Douglas
Black or white
Tony P
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

You ARE slow you should ask him has he had his Wellies on this Spring and been up the mountains.
Must be careful as I think he lives my side of the bridge, so he won't have to pay the £5+ to batter me.

It is funny how you perceive people. I imagine Mrs. D. as a hippie letting all that Douglas says going over her head "saying peace man" wearing long skirts and belonging to the flower power people.
Hi Noni,

Do you think dickie would settle for an ugly one, or do you think he would be more particular?

Mrs douglas is a woman of great skill and endless patience, she does say something like peace man but i think she means police man. Its usually when i am wearing my lone ranger suit, or acting out some other fantasy that requires her involvement.

Dress wise , she normally wears her camouflaged damart vest. When i say camouflage its more sort of discolored. Its the one she bought herself for her birthday in 1998.

It was black originally, then it went sort of dark grey and then the multi coloured bits under the armpits sort of spread outwards. Now its a bit like that moonlight camouflage all over, hence the original description.

If she ever sees this, i will need more than tonto to get me out of this one.

kind regards
douglas
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Douglas
Black or white
Tony P
Hi Tony,

Well, the cisco kid had a black stetson. I fact i think he was dressed all in black, that was smart and a bit menacing.

The lone ranger had a kind of grey outfit as far as i recall and maybe a white stetson, more clean cut and wholesome.

So i think i would go for the white stetson, what about you?

Does anyone even remember the lone ranger and saturday morning pictures?

Is this some kind of freudian test?

regards
douglas
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tony,

Well, the cisco kid had a black stetson. I fact i think he was dressed all in black, that was smart and a bit menacing.

The lone ranger had a kind of grey outfit as far as i recall and maybe a white stetson, more clean cut and wholesome.

So i think i would go for the white stetson, what about you?

Does anyone even remember the lone ranger and saturday morning pictures?

Is this some kind of freudian test?

regards
douglas
Hi Douglas
I thought Freud was into slips.
Good guys always wore white and the baddie always wore black so that you could tell the difference.
Cisco kid had a Mexican type hat so I don't think that counts, FN and all that.
Remember Saturday morning pictures, Lone Ranger and Cisco were on the TV possibly as well the pictures, thing I remember about Saturday Pictures was the Space adventure but I can't remember the proper name. Also remember Hopalong Cassidy.
regards
Tony P
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:58 pm

Hi Noni,

Do you think dickie would settle for an ugly one, or do you think he would be more particular?

Mrs douglas is a woman of great skill and endless patience, she does say something like peace man but i think she means police man. Its usually when i am wearing my lone ranger suit, or acting out some other fantasy that requires her involvement.

Dress wise , she normally wears her camouflaged damart vest. When i say camouflage its more sort of discolored. Its the one she bought herself for her birthday in 1998.

It was black originally, then it went sort of dark grey and then the multi coloured bits under the armpits sort of spread outwards. Now its a bit like that moonlight camouflage all over, hence the original description.

If she ever sees this, i will need more than tonto to get me out of this one.

kind regards
douglas
God Douglas, if you were still in Goa, I would bring her out some from M&S or Matlan were you buy one get one free, don't tell me you run around in one of those tea towel wraps when you are not being the lone ranger. I think Tonto Dickie has his head down in work, catching up after his holidays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.