Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Be carful what you wish for Goa............... you just might have got it what you wanted
Old Sep 16th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

A good but depressing article , however no-one but no-one ever mentions the impact that the property debarcle has caused to the tourism industry !

If the Goan government were able to do their sums they would soon realise the treatment meted out to FNs in this matter has and will have a detrimental affect on tourism.

If we estimate their are 2000 British nationals alone
affected , how many of them have families / friends who have been put off from visiting Goa for life

How many people now recommend Goa as tourist destination and how many times is bad press given to Goa ?
When and if the Goan government realise the folly of their ways Goa may again grow.... but I fear its to late....

K-C
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
A good but depressing article , however no-one but no-one ever mentions the impact that the property debarcle has caused to the tourism industry !

If the Goan government were able to do their sums they would soon realise the treatment meted out to FNs in this matter has and will have a detrimental affect on tourism.

If we estimate their are 2000 British nationals alone
affected , how many of them have families / friends who have been put off from visiting Goa for life

How many people now recommend Goa as tourist destination and how many times is bad press given to Goa ?
When and if the Goan government realise the folly of their ways Goa may again grow.... but I fear its to late....

K-C
Hi KC,

Your 100% correct.

They blame the recession and the Mumbai incident for the drop in tourism.......but they don't or won't mention the property fiasco (which just doesn't affect Brits but all Foreign Nationals in Goa),they also don't mention the FN rapes and murders that have been on the increase or the apparent failure and incompetence of the police in investigating the same......these things i believe have a much bigger impact on tourism than the Goan government care to admit.......it suits to blame the recession.

Regards,
Remy
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:13 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi KC,

Your 100% correct.

They blame the recession and the Mumbai incident for the drop in tourism.......but they don't or won't mention the property fiasco (which just doesn't affect Brits but all Foreign Nationals in Goa),they also don't mention the FN rapes and murders that have been on the increase or the apparent failure and incompetence of the police in investigating the same......these things i believe have a much bigger impact on tourism than the Goan government care to admit.......it suits to blame the recession.

Regards,
Remy
It is such a shame when the rose tinted glasses come off.
It pays to be a tweeker!

Last edited by noni; Sep 17th 2009 at 7:36 am.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
It is such a shame when the rose tinted glasses come off.
I pays to be a tweeker!
Yep.....tweekers is all they want.....arrive, spend a small fortune for two weeks and go home again. No risk. Come again next year when you have fattened up your wallet.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:35 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Tourism season set for good take-off www.goanvoice.org.uk
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Tourism season set for good take-off www.goanvoice.org.uk

THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!

Goan Tourist Minister booked on Corruption.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100248913.html

AND

The Goan Health Minister avoiding summons for Threats to Kill!!!

http://news.in.msn.com/national/arti...mentid=3227843

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Sep 17th 2009 at 7:52 am.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:43 am

THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!

Goan Tourist Minister booked on Corruption.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100248913.html

Is it going to be a 'noffi night, we have not had one for months
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Is it going to be a 'noffi night, we have not had one for months
Hi Noni,

Thats two ministers, the Health Minister and the Tourist Minister........a great example of why FNs are fed up with Goa.

No Noffi for me tonight.....im de-toxing.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:01 am
Account Closed

Hi Noni,

Thats two ministers, the Health Minister and the Tourist Minister........a great example of why FNs are fed up with Goa.

No Noffi for me tonight.....im de-toxing.
Remy you need to watch that de-toxing it causes withdrawal symptoms mate
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Remy you need to watch that de-toxing it causes withdrawal symptoms mate

Hi GC,

Tell me about it!!!!

I have just seen an elephant and i aint in Goa
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Hi GC,

Tell me about it!!!!

I have just seen an elephant and i aint in Goa
Oh!!! Remy your okay then,it's when they start turning pink you have to worry

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Sep 17th 2009 at 8:37 am. Reason: pink elephant ran across my screen
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh!!! Remy your okay then,it's when they start turning pink you have to worry
aren't they all pink????
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:53 am
Account Closed

aren't they all pink????
No you silly boy they are striped........me think
off to bed this is getting daft
Old Sep 17th 2009, 9:34 am

No you silly boy they are striped........me think
off to bed this is getting daft
Went to the Night Market with a friend - she got out of the taxi and said
Oh! a camel xxx poor love - where I said pardon - it was only the great big elephant Laxmi - God rest her soul - (Laxmis) think she popped her clogs last season under the Banayan Tree in Candolim. The elephant I mean popped her clogs not Liz.

Sorry Remy!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you this Season. May have to bring GC along with others, but you know where we are
If BE does not do anything else it has made us some wonderful friends in Goa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.