Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
So here they come out of the woodwork. An even more vapid gnawing at anything 'foreign' can be expected to replace subtle manipulative cunning. Goa is THE ideal location for such an organisation because it is fractured at so many levels.
Members of more than 50 organisations coming for a 5 day meeting.
Then they will go home!!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:30 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Members of more than 50 organisations coming for a 5 day meeting.
Then they will go home!!
I think we all grasped that elusive fact.......
(they only try to avoid going home when they get to the "west"

The choice of venue for the ban everything, cover what you can't Hindutva Nazis was, perhaps, the mystery?
After all in recent years they have wanted to ban St Valentines, bikinis, t-shirts with Ganesh/Shiva/Gandhi etc on them, Muslims, Christian holidays, use of English, Portuguese street names, anything else foreign,etc etc............ so why have their fascist meeting in Goa?

Last edited by johnny five; Jun 6th 2012 at 7:14 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
I think we all grasped that elusive fact.......
(they only try to avoid going home when they get to the "west"

The choice of venue for the ban everything, cover what you can't Hindutva Nazis was, perhaps, the mystery?
After all in recent years they have wanted to ban St Valentines, bikinis, t-shirts with Ganesh/Shiva/Gandhi etc on them, Muslims, Christian holidays, use of English, Portuguese street names, anything else foreign,etc etc............ so why have their fascist meeting in Goa?

They have said why; Congress party or others would have disrupted their meeting. Extremists in general are best ignored, why give them publicity.

Off thread: but could you explain why many BE posters seem to be against Brit. 'lefties' but are paranoid about Indian 'righties'.
---- Middle of the road Bipat

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 6th 2012 at 8:57 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:38 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Read More:Other cities
Property News

http://content.magicbricks.com/goa-the-new-realty-hub

Goa, the most preferred tourist hotspot amongst Indians and people oversees, is now looked upon as the realty destination. The city is seeing surge in property market and growth in values during past couple of years. According to John Welsely, property consultant at Smart Properties, “Goa is attracting investments from people all over the world.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
... The city ... “Goa is attracting investments from people all over the world.
Good grasp of local geography then!

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. Since I posted my earlier item noting some right wing comments aligning themselves with the BJP in Goa my firewall has reported two malign attacks from addresses based in India.

Go figure, as they say. I hope BritishExpats site security is completely sound.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:42 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Good grasp of local geography then!

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. Since I posted my earlier item noting some right wing comments aligning themselves with the BJP in Goa my firewall has reported two malign attacks from addresses based in India.

Go figure, as they say. I hope BritishExpats site security is completely sound.

As far as I'm aware theres no way that a third party can get your personal details from this or any other forum.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by noni
As far as I'm aware theres no way that a third party can get your personal details from this or any other forum.
Noni I sometimes wonder about names that appear in the row at the bottom of the page but who never post or apparently never have posted.
(I don't mean fatbrit etc.).
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:08 pm

Noni I sometimes wonder about names that appear in the row at the bottom of the page but who never post or apparently never have posted.
(I don't mean fatbrit etc.).
I can see what other members are looking at, many are looking at the joke thread. The guests I don't know about.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/re...foiled_1699210

Has anyone enjoyed this "special dish". (Not on the menu cards).
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

The funniest sight i have ever seen was members of a convention of the Saffron Surge BJP Corn Flake wing, who were staying at the Marina Dourada in Arpora, in complete ceremonial religious dress IE, orange full length saris with matching turbans and white sneakers, very fetching too. They were having races around the lake at the back of the hotel on those pedalo plastic boats.I nearly fell of my scooter laughing at this strange site at 9am in the morning,Perhaps they were practicing for an invasion of Pakistan ?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:31 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

http://oheraldo.in/News/Local%20News...tre/60345.html

Reis Magos fort reopens as cultural centre

June 7, 2012

PANJIM: One of Goa’s oldest standing forts, the Reis Magos fort which has been renovated and made into the Reis Magos Cultural Centre, was yesterday inaugurated by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar in the presence of a thick gathering of art and heritage lovers and state intelligentsia.
Surely they can't all have been thick? Pretentious yes!

Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Never been offered it and would not eat it.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:28 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

If someone served that to me - this is what would probably happen :

Having asaid that I did once get served a very bizarre tasting steak at Souza Lobo's on Calangute Beach....... after the first bite I left the rest.....!!

Dread - x
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:29 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
The funniest sight i have ever seen was members of a convention of the Saffron Surge BJP Corn Flake wing, who were staying at the Marina Dourada in Arpora, in complete ceremonial religious dress IE, orange full length saris with matching turbans and white sneakers, very fetching too. They were having races around the lake at the back of the hotel on those pedalo plastic boats.I nearly fell of my scooter laughing at this strange site at 9am in the morning,Perhaps they were practicing for an invasion of Pakistan ?

Would love to have seen that Got any photos?

Dread - x
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:35 pm

UK: Forced marriage to be outlawed

7 Jun: Daily Mail (UK). Parents who force their children to marry face jail sentences under tough laws to be unveiled tomorrow by Theresa May. The Home Secretary will promise a sweeping crackdown after warnings that up to 8,000 young women a year are pushed into wedlock without their consent. David Cameron says forced marriage, which involves families from Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and east Africa, is 'little more than slavery' and 'completely wrong'

Can't understand the mentality of these people. I have only ever been to one "love match" wedding in Goa. Can't understand arranging marriages when they do not know the family involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.