Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Jun 24th 2013, 6:08 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool From the Business Standard.

Is Parrikar's response to foreigners obtaining information under the RTI act a bit of a surprise move?

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2400951_1.html

H.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 6:50 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/20746572.cms

Goa Government to stop retail sale of liquor in sealed bottles at airport.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Visitors from India and other 'high risk' countries in Asia and Africa will be forced to pay £3,000 cash bond before they enter UK

Plans by Home Secretary mean visitors lose their cash if they overstay visa
India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ghana, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh to be targeted
Pilot scheme will later be extended to cover work permits and student visas

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2X4JtUhbF

Will India retaliate !!
Is Parrikar's response to foreigners obtaining information under the RTI act a bit of a surprise move?

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2400951_1.html

H.
Theresa May and Manohar Parrikar both acting "without application of mind" - anyone forced to pay £3,000 to enter the UK will feel/ believe they are therefore entitled to stay; foreigners in India/ Goa can always get their lawyer or other Indian contact to make RTI applications for them (and in the cases mentioned probably did).

AndyD 8-)
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Theresa May and Manohar Parrikar both acting "without application of mind" - anyone forced to pay £3,000 to enter the UK will feel/ believe they are therefore entitled to stay;
AndyD 8-)
I don't know why this bond scheme is needed for Indian visitors, why not just fine the 'sponsor' if a visitor overstays. The details presumably are recorded along with visa information. A sponsor already has to guarantee medical expenses etc.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:17 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
I don't know why this bond scheme is needed for Indian visitors, why not just fine the 'sponsor' if a visitor overstays. The details presumably are recorded along with visa information. A sponsor already has to guarantee medical expenses etc.
The rules clearly state that the sponsor cannot guarantee that the visitor they sponsor will not overstay.....and I think you will find that in UK law no person can be held legally responsible for the actions of another adult who is of sound mind unless the legal definition of fear, force, fraud or causing applies.... it;s a little thing called 'mens rea'
Of course another can be held liable for aiding, abetting, counselling, procuring, inciting etc ..........

Dread - x
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

I have just written to my MP giving reasons why I believe this £3000 bond will make little difference to visitors from India and other countries overstaying and pointing out that the Indian government is likely to follow suit. Perhaps everyone else should do the same.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
The rules clearly state that the sponsor cannot guarantee that the visitor they sponsor will not overstay.....and I think you will find that in UK law no person can be held legally responsible for the actions of another adult who is of sound mind unless the legal definition of fear, force, fraud or causing applies.... it;s a little thing called 'mens rea'
Of course another can be held liable for aiding, abetting, counselling, procuring, inciting etc ..........

Dread - x
Yes you are right, hadn't read the rules before, just provided all the evidence required;-- that we have the money to pay their medical bills etc. This in the past has included register evidence that we own our house!! also tax returns. Recently there has been less documentation required.
I presume therefore we could be approached to pay for above at any time visitor runs up a bill.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by k800mer
I have just written to my MP giving reasons why I believe this £3000 bond will make little difference to visitors from India and other countries overstaying and pointing out that the Indian government is likely to follow suit. Perhaps everyone else should do the same.
It will certainly make a difference to genuine visitors coming to UK from India and will affect the tourist industry. (I think Boris Johnson has already made this point.)
The relatives that have visited us over the years are reasonably 'well off' , but there is no way that they could or would find £3000 each for a bond to make a visit to us.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/04613422-d...#axzz2XK5e4rxf

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 26th 2013 at 12:05 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:28 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Girl, 10, dies in hospital days after being gang raped by four teenagers in India

Victim 'raped repeatedly' by four boys aged between 13 and 16, say police
Girl died in intensive care yesterday after alleged attack on June 16
She knew all four of the accused, two of whom were brothers, police say
Accused said to have lured girl to secluded area with promise of Rs10
Incident in Hanuman Nagar follows string of brutal sex attacks in India

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2XLAI0zZm

Disgusting
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Girl, 10, dies in hospital days after being gang raped by four teenagers in India

Victim 'raped repeatedly' by four boys aged between 13 and 16, say police
Girl died in intensive care yesterday after alleged attack on June 16
She knew all four of the accused, two of whom were brothers, police say
Accused said to have lured girl to secluded area with promise of Rs10
Incident in Hanuman Nagar follows string of brutal sex attacks in India

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2XLAI0zZm

Disgusting
I know what I'd do to the scumbags...all it would take is two bricks or a rusty bread knife.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I know what I'd do to the scumbags...all it would take is two bricks or a rusty bread knife.
I agree with that sentiment.

There does seem to be a lot of stories like this coming out of India at the moment - doesn't sound good at all
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

It is a disgrace.. Children need to be taught respect of women and girls at an early age and try and do away with the whole male preference in the society, I know it is unlikely to happen in my lifetime, but you have to start somewhere...
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I agree with that sentiment.

There does seem to be a lot of stories like this coming out of India at the moment - doesn't sound good at all
Although each case of rape is a terrible crime and should be punished for appropriately there are many countries with a worse recorded rape crime than India per capita of the population.

The media have decided to report cases like this but you never hear of the crimes in Sweden or Brazil for example!
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Although each case of rape is a terrible crime and should be punished for appropriately there are many countries with a worse recorded rape crime than India per capita of the population.

The media have decided to report cases like this but you never hear of the crimes in Sweden or Brazil for example!
No that is true - there is a story in the sand pit today of some rapists who were pretending to be police and used a stun gun on their victims, and they have been sentenced to just 1 year imprisonment - outrageous
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:13 pm

http://shovonc.wordpress.com/2013/06...ing-till-1947/

India to charge britain for overstaying !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.