Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old May 18th 2012, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Bipat
I am sure you do this Noni as do many others.

A number of tourists though and travellers just take photos without regard for manners as though they are taking snaps of the local animal life.

Tourists vary in their knowledge of other's customs and sensibilities as do Indian people.
My grandchildren are young and have curly blond hair and we prefer them not to be photographed unless it is with a family who's children will also be in the photo. However at Baga beach we have to watch out all the time for men - usually part of an all male group, who try to take sneaky photos, pretending to photograph something else then turning quickly to take a snap or just pointing their phones in the direction of the children while pretending to text. Even the shack boys were chasing them away or getting between them and the children last time. And, sorry Bipat, but they are most definitely Indian men. I would never deliberately take photos of children not known to me or my family in any country I travel to, apart from anything else I do not see the point of having photos of people you do not know.
Old May 18th 2012, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
My grandchildren are young and have curly blond hair and we prefer them not to be photographed unless it is with a family who's children will also be in the photo. However at Baga beach we have to watch out all the time for men - usually part of an all male group, who try to take sneaky photos, pretending to photograph something else then turning quickly to take a snap or just pointing their phones in the direction of the children while pretending to text. Even the shack boys were chasing them away or getting between them and the children last time. And, sorry Bipat, but they are most definitely Indian men. I would never deliberately take photos of children not known to me or my family in any country I travel to, apart from anything else I do not see the point of having photos of people you do not know.
I agree with you and if you are in India the culprits are Indian men (who have the cameras).

My point was the many unthinking foreign travellers who do exactly the same thing. Look at any tourist photo gallery on the net.

I still remember years ago an American couple taking a video my small son in Spain as he ran along a beach. He looks "so Indian" they said.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:14 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Why not? Many are very poor.

Do you take photos of complete strangers in the streets of the UK?

How would you react if an Indian tourist tried to photograph you in UK? Just interested.
Why not many are very poor, so are many people in Asia, but i find the Indians just love to tell you, how poor they are.
When Indian Babies are born, do they emerge hand first???.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
Why not many are very poor, so are many people in Asia, but i find the Indians just love to tell you, how poor they are.
When Indian Babies are born, do they emerge hand first???.
Open question Steve:
Why do middle-class British tourists (they can afford the air-fares) only mix with or observe the lower classes or poorer Indian people (the two not necessarily combined) and then are surprised when they behave in a different way to themselves.

Perhaps the same lack of knowledge in some Indian men who assume all women who take off their clothes in public are 'No ladies'.

Perhaps both nationalities need to learn more about each other.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:52 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Why not? Many are very poor.

Do you take photos of complete strangers in the streets of the UK?

How would you react if an Indian tourist tried to photograph you in UK? Just interested.
Chinese tourist take photos of locals regularly on our sea front! and they don't ask either.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:57 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

"observe the lower classes " because Bipat they are the ones standing in front of my sunbed in their brownies, and the others are walking the sunbed rows with their phones taking photos.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:02 am

Another poor local!
Attached Thumbnails In To-day's Newspapers-530305_168170473312593_100003589239225_209995_1166425994_n.jpg  
Old May 18th 2012, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by noni
"observe the lower classes " because Bipat they are the ones standing in front of my sunbed in their brownies, and the others are walking the sunbed rows with their phones taking photos.
I think you have proved the rest of my point Noni, for those ignorant of Western ways, rows of women half dressed on sunbeds are thought to be "No Ladies" and therefore, wrongly, not respected.

To respond to your next post I admit one general habit of those less than destitute is the eagerness to own mobile phones, laptops.
Also for coconut pickers etc. it is a business like any other they may need them.
Climbing trees in the heat picking fruit a loin-cloth is the most comfortable garment for the job.

[One anecdote at a wedding the groom in see-through dhoti was wearing boxer underpants with a teddybear design. I was surprised that most giggles were coming from a neice I had thought quite prim].

Last edited by Bipat; May 18th 2012 at 12:05 pm.
Old May 18th 2012, 12:13 pm

Quite right enough is enough, back to to-days papers.
Old May 18th 2012, 12:17 pm

People vote for change, ring in new faces in village panchayats

http://oheraldo.in/News/Main%20Page%...ats/59651.html
Old May 18th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gregit
One of my teenage Daughters abiding memories of the few months she stayed with me in Goa, was being pursued by cell phone toting Indian males, who had no regard for any manners. Making her uncomfortable almost everywhere she ventured, not dressed in bra pants, but sensible tee shirt, shorts, trainers, you know like most on holiday. SAVAGES
which is exactly why you will absolutely not find Goan families at the beach, especially if they have young children and female members. Goans lament the new reality and know that going to the beach now means probably being molested, robbed, or being intruded upon in ways which no right minded person could ever find acceptable. Going to the beach means being prepared to defend yourself. Not very relaxing. Then there's floating turds...................................
Old May 19th 2012, 8:49 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
which is exactly why you will absolutely not find Goan families at the beach, especially if they have young children and female members. Goans lament the new reality and know that going to the beach now means probably being molested, robbed, or being intruded upon in ways which no right minded person could ever find acceptable. Going to the beach means being prepared to defend yourself. Not very relaxing. Then there's floating turds...................................
From which state???
Old May 19th 2012, 8:53 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

T.I.O

Old May 20th 2012, 2:33 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

It may not have made "Today's Papers", but Milwart's famous brown underpants are now dyed black.
So now he will be able to take sneaky pics of the Laydees incognito!

Old May 20th 2012, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnny five
It may not have made "Today's Papers", but Milwart's famous brown underpants are now dyed black.
So now he will be able to take sneaky pics of the Laydees incognito!

I was the "only" foreigner on Vagator beach yesterday afternoon/evening with some of my neighbours kids and I didn`t see 1 pair of brown underpants!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.