British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   In To-day's Newspapers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/days-newspapers-558924/)

Goacrazy56 Nov 20th 2008 5:13 am

Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Kan-conned (Post 6993485)
From The Herald ;

"The British Government has said it does not consider the right-wing Hindu groups VHP, RSS and Bajrang Dal as “terrorist” organisations, in remarks that may have political connotation.
“The UK Government does not consider the VHP to be a terrorist organisation under our law. The organisation is proscribed neither here nor in India, nor does the Indian Government classify it as a terrorist organisation”, Britain’s Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice, Lord Bach said.":confused:

Has anyone here had any experiences or comments about these organisations ?

These are the organisations that are killing Christian in India,there was a petition on Goanvoice last week to our UK Government asking Gordon Brown to speak with the Indian Prime Minister about the persecutionrse::curse:

ContessaQ Nov 21st 2008 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by johnny five (Post 6990071)
Milwart was not the **** calling you anything! Read again and you will see Mrs M refers to his wife. Your occasional posts apart from being nice to the ultra-bigot Milward, have shown a lack of humour so for now will not consider you the ultimate judge of whats funny or not if you dont mind.
Will however instruct Milwart (the Grate) not to respond to any of your charming, informative and truly, truly memorable posts..............
Your humble servant
Mr J. Five Esq. :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

being nice to milward? he gave me some useful info about free phone calls and i thanked him.
seems to me that you are far more bigoted than him, i know he is opiniated but ripping the p*ss out of someone who's first language is not english is playground bullying.

oh and i do have a sense of humour, i laff at idiotic f***ers like you every day on other forums:thumbsup:

noni Nov 21st 2008 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by ContessaQ (Post 6998535)
being nice to milward? he gave me some useful info about free phone calls and i thanked him.
seems to me that you are far more bigoted than him, i know he is opiniated but ripping the p*ss out of someone who's first language is not english is playground bullying.

oh and i do have a sense of humour, i laff at idiotic f***ers like you every day on other forums:thumbsup:

:thumbdown:

On a lighter note, and I do not have the Herald or Nav. times here at the moment - there was an few paragraphs in each paper about free visa's to Indian :rofl::rofl: because the tourists are not coming in their droves.

We do not mind paying for a visa it is the service we get which p...... us off, if it has to be 6 months visa's let it start the day your passport is stamped entering the country.

1s.cowell Nov 22nd 2008 12:39 am

Hi Guys :D

Article from The Independant

How India caught the world's cold

The world slowdown is threatening hopes for an end to poverty in India that were raised by recent growth rates. By Jeremy Warner in Delhi

Friday, 21 November 2008

Interestingly enough there is a comment from one of my Posh X neighbours

British Government "Aid" to India £830 million to help the poor and yet the Indian Space Research organisation ( ISRO) can afford to launch rockets !
It is estimated India now has 123,0000 millionaires ( not Rupee, I hasten to add) Something wrong here I feel.

India threatens to kick out some 2000 mainly retired British people who have been misled into buying property there,yet the Brtitish government and the FCO refuse to help them !
Something wrong here as well I feel !

Posted by Margaret Churchill-Rees | 22.11.08, 10:16 GMT

morse Nov 22nd 2008 4:19 am

Originally Posted by ContessaQ (Post 6998535)

Hey. a bit harsh on Milwart, old boy , people have been taking the p..... out of the Russians and the Welsh on this forum, no complaints from them. Milwart is only trying to give us a :rofl: Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Mitzyboy Nov 22nd 2008 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by hemingway (Post 6990195)
Here here Mr J.Five Esq! :thumbsup::thumbsup: what about a bit of live & let live!

Is that supposed to be ironic, as regards this forum
:lol:

noni Nov 23rd 2008 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 7001031)
Is that supposed to be ironic, as regards this forum
:lol:

Yep. :blink:

:wub: Noni

Honey Bee Nov 23rd 2008 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by noni (Post 7001515)
Yep. :blink:

:wub: Noni

Excellent article Darker side of Sunny Goa! http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
Do you think that they are starting to see the LIGHT.

johnny five Nov 23rd 2008 4:07 pm

I read the following article yesterday and thought maybe this would snap the Central Government out of it's constant state of denial..........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-1031237.html

Sadly, none of today's papers seem to be carrying it, so maybe I was wrong....

Or maybe the news broke too late here to be included, as we are 5.5hrs ahead?

On the Herald "online" we have a picture of a large Russian delegation attending IFFI (surprise, surprise!). Knowing the sort of films Russia is famous for, could we see a large increase in male applicants for a pass to the event.
Also our local Chief Minister has announced he wants the name changed from IFFI to Goa Film Festival in an attempt to put it on par with events like Cannes, Rome etc. Rather predictably, Central Government has replied that Goa can call it whatever they like, but anything other than IFFI will see it removed to some other part of India!
If Ali Kamat and his Forty Thieves think a name change can reap such benefits (it didnt do much good for Bombay, Madras, Bangalore etc) maybe Mapusa should change its name to Mopasu and magically all the filth and stink will disappear overnight and the appalling roads repair themselves?
:blink::confused::blink::confused::blink:

Goacrazy56 Nov 23rd 2008 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Honey Bee (Post 7002599)
Excellent article Darker side of Sunny Goa! http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
Do you think that they are starting to see the LIGHT.

NO!!! It is all down to the economical climate,nothing to do with the word is out world wide that Goa is un-safe un-clean and not the beautiful place that is advertised in the holiday brochure. :curse::curse::curse:

a_f_d Nov 23rd 2008 10:35 pm

fraid that's not really new news - there are also some rumblings suggesting that right wing Hindu groups may be responsible for the spate of desecrations of (minor) Hindu sites in Goa.

AndyD 8-)#

Goacrazy56 Nov 24th 2008 12:29 am

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 7003691)
fraid that's not really new news - there are also some rumblings suggesting that right wing Hindu groups may be responsible for the spate of desecrations of (minor) Hindu sites in Goa.

AndyD 8-)#

This is no shock and obvious they are trying to upset the harmony between Christians and Hindu which as been excellent for years
GC56

thatman Nov 24th 2008 3:29 pm

In the Herald is a piece entitled "Food stalls under birds eye!"

At the IFFI in Panjim they have set up food stalls along the promenade at the side of the river. Some of them have covered the food - most are not and this is the quote

"The stalls below the thick and evergreen canopy has become a haven for winged creatures whose droppings is posing a big problem. Whilst just a few stalls are being cautious most of them have failed to cover the food on display. Unfortunately the illumination is so dim it would help to cover up the not so very clean way of running such outlets which obviously is far from international standards and relished only for a simple reason the the delicacies a definitely cheaper than the food being dished out at the INOX. The food and drugs adminstration sent a team of inspectors late today evening. However, inspection reports were not available".

It could only happen in Goa :ohmy:

Honey Bee Nov 24th 2008 11:17 pm

[QUOTE=thatman;7006453]In the Herald is a piece entitled "Food stalls under birds eye!"

At the IFFI in Panjim they have set up food stalls along the promenade at the side of the river. Some of them have covered the food - most are not and this is the quote

"The stalls below the thick and evergreen canopy has become a haven for winged creatures whose droppings is posing a big problem. Whilst just a few stalls are being cautious most of them have failed to cover the food on display. Unfortunately the illumination is so dim it would help to cover up the not so very clean way of running such outlets which obviously is far from international standards and relished only for a simple reason the the delicacies a definitely cheaper than the food being dished out at the INOX. The food and drugs adminstration sent a team of inspectors late today evening. However, inspection reports were not available".

:rofl::rofl::rofl: The Cannes Festival of India - hope the MLA's eat the shite

Goacrazy56 Nov 24th 2008 11:52 pm

[QUOTE=Honey Bee;7007500]

Originally Posted by thatman (Post 7006453)
In the Herald is a piece entitled "Food stalls under birds eye!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl: The Cannes Festival of India - hope the MLA's eat the shite

Cannes Festival of India and pigs can fly,It's a joke:rofl::rofl::rofl: