British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   In To-day's Newspapers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/days-newspapers-558924/)

a_f_d Nov 28th 2008 1:09 am

Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56 (Post 7018420)
Who has mentioned anti Russian where did this come from Andy
Please explain what you are ranting about again If you are not repeating other peoples posts word for wrod info then
your ranting off about something or nothing ?????? It's theRussians who have given the Brits a bad name in Goa because we are fair skinned we are all tarred with the same brush.
I have never met a Russioan that isn't loud,drunk or abussive.They treat the Goan like something they have just trod in and I for one do not like them for their arrogance.So take your social worker do good Act somewhere else and stop repeating word for word my post

yes - that sounds anti-Russian to me - so if the cap fits ...

AndyD 8-)#

Goacrazy56 Nov 28th 2008 1:34 am

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 7018444)

AndyD 8-)#

Well for once you are right where im concerned the cap fits then:curse:

noni Nov 28th 2008 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56 (Post 7018498)
Well for once you are right where im concerned the cap fits then:curse:

Must say the Russians in our shack this year have been very polite, if not noisy. BUT LAST two years at pete's shack they have been atrichous behavior ordering us off beds, as they had had them for the past week!!. Sorry no way
I don't care if you are brown, black, pink, blue or green it is your common courtesy and behavior that matters. :thumbsup: but will not put up with the behavior we saw at Pete's shack with the Russians.

So Andy/Goacrazy half a cap for me.

johnny five Nov 28th 2008 4:10 am

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 7018444)

AndyD 8-)#

Up here in Siolim most of the Russians are total scum, so.............................

can I have a cap please, innit? :eek::eek:

Goacrazy56 Nov 28th 2008 4:28 am

I feel exactly the same,we were in a restaurant last year where a drunken Russian tripped a poor waiter up deliberately.The waiter was carrying platefuls of food.The result was food all over the show and the young waiter broke his arm.I have seen Russians being rude to the local people,I have personally been told to get off a sun bed as it belonged to them.I have seen them spit at a taxi driver.No way can I stand back and watch or condone this sort of behavior it disgusting.I wouldn't treat an animal the way I have seen some of these Russians treating people.
I am British and I've been bought up with manners,I treat people with respect the way I like to be treated.
Unfortunately we the British are tared with the same brush and I do not want to be put in the same category as these ignorant people.
I try very hard not to frequent places where the go because it makes me angry.I don't care either what not nationality people are I mix with the best of all nationalities we live in a multi cultural town but bad manner I loath:curse::curse::curse:So when I read posts on here that are full of self righteous cr*p then my blood boils.These people have obviously never experienced a drunken loud mouth 6ft Bully pushing around a 4ft 8in waiter:curse::curse::curse:
Rant over I shall now change the subject as my BP is at danger point and at my age I have to be careful:frown::mad:

Goacrazy56 Nov 28th 2008 4:30 am

Originally Posted by johnny five (Post 7018880)
Up here in Siolim most of the Russians are total scum, so.............................

can I have a cap please, innit? :eek::eek:

You can share mine if we can get one big enough J5:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

morse Nov 28th 2008 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56 (Post 7018925)
I feel exactly the same,we were in a restaurant last year where a drunken Russian tripped a poor waiter up deliberately.The waiter was carrying platefuls of food.The result was food all over the show and the young waiter broke his arm.I have seen Russians being rude to the local people,I have personally been told to get off a sun bed as it belonged to them.I have seen them spit at a taxi driver.No way can I stand back and watch or condone this sort of behavior it disgusting.I wouldn't treat an animal the way I have seen some of these Russians treating people.
I am British and I've been bought up with manners,I treat people with respect the way I like to be treated.
Unfortunately we the British are tared with the same brush and I do not want to be put in the same category as these ignorant people.
I try very hard not to frequent places where the go because it makes me angry.I don't care either what not nationality people are I mix with the best of all nationalities we live in a multi cultural town but bad manner I loath:curse::curse::curse:So when I read posts on here that are full of self righteous cr*p then my blood boils.These people have obviously never experienced a drunken loud mouth 6ft Bully pushing around a 4ft 8in waiter:curse::curse::curse:
Rant over I shall now change the subject as my BP is at danger point and at my age I have to be careful:frown::mad:

True - they occupy a table all night, so you cannot have a meal. and all they purchase are cokes at 20 rups a time and bring their own Vodka. Is that called good manners. No. - just their usual greedy selfish ways. And as for sunbeds, yes we have been on sunbeds for 2 hours when a great big thug comes along and says I have had that bed for a week it is MINE. Well ******** to you sunshine. stick the bed and umbrella where the sun does not shine. :curse:

Goacrazy56 Nov 28th 2008 5:33 am

Originally Posted by morse (Post 7019035)
True - they occupy a table all night, so you cannot have a meal. and all they purchase are cokes at 20 rups a time and bring their own Vodka. Is that called good manners. No. - just their usual greedy selfish ways. And as for sunbeds, yes we have been on sunbeds for 2 hours when a great big thug comes along and says I have had that bed for a week it is MINE. Well ******** to you sunshine. stick the bed and umbrella where the sun does not shine. :curse:

Morse these people have no manners and they get away with it because I believe the Goans are frightened of them.
We were also at the airport two years ago waiting to fly back home.there was a group of Russians who bought a lot of duty free and just got sh*t faced in the departure lounge,they were lying all over the floor and the seats so no one could sit down.We were delayed and never got to sit down until there flight had taken off.My husband ask one of them if they would give up one of the four seats that he was lying across and he was told to ***** off,they speak English when they want to.His wife was very embarrassed and told him to move,he did no more than slap her around the face.Nothing was said to them at all,they were aloud to continue drinking until there flight took off.If that had of been a Brit Im sure they wouldn't have been able allowed to fly:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Goacrazy56 Nov 28th 2008 9:13 am

What are they trying to do finish tourism altogether:curse::curse:

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/43329

http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=150984

thatman Nov 28th 2008 12:11 pm

If you want another Russian story -
Last week we went to a friends shop in Baga and he had just arrived back from the market. He told us that when he went up the road the police near to Infantaria (they now stand there to check foreigners on scooters) were having an "altracation" with a large Russian man - lots of shouting and finger wagging. When Lalit came back from the market there was a large crowd gathered where the shouting had been so being Indian he jumped off the bike to have a look. He said he was shocked to see the Russian man laying on the floor bound with ropes all over his body and the police were pushing sticks through the ropes so they could man handle him into the jeep.
Wonder what happened when they got him back to the police station :eek:

morse Nov 28th 2008 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by thatman (Post 7019820)
If you want another Russian story -
Last week we went to a friends shop in Baga and he had just arrived back from the market. He told us that when he went up the road the police near to Infantaria (they now stand there to check foreigners on scooters) were having an "altracation" with a large Russian man - lots of shouting and finger wagging. When Lalit came back from the market there was a large crowd gathered where the shouting had been so being Indian he jumped off the bike to have a look. He said he was shocked to see the Russian man laying on the floor bound with ropes all over his body and the police were pushing sticks through the ropes so they could man handle him into the jeep.
Wonder what happened when they got him back to the police station :eek:

Goa Taxi drivers stone tourist operated buses with TOURISTS IN :thumbdown:
the taxi drivers behaving like animals.

Foreign tourists shy away from Goa - yes we know

How much more bad publicity does Goa need

http://www.goanvoice.org.uk

poppetjay Nov 29th 2008 1:36 am

Another incident involving russians was witnessed by a friend, some russians had been very drunk and the police were called to calm them down, they apparently started abusing the two policeman and the locals set about them, 8 russians were arrested and taken away, in all my years here i have never seen or heard of this outrageous behaviour by any British subject and the indian government have welcomed the russians with open arms, come on its not as if they spend great wads of money, i was in a shop the other day and they intimidated the poor seller so much she partically gave her goods away, i like to barter but i always give the sellers a fair price that both parties are happy with.

morse Nov 29th 2008 10:47 am

Originally Posted by poppetjay (Post 7020731)
Another incident involving russians was witnessed by a friend, some russians had been very drunk and the police were called to calm them down, they apparently started abusing the two policeman and the locals set about them, 8 russians were arrested and taken away, in all my years here i have never seen or heard of this outrageous behaviour by any British subject and the indian government have welcomed the russians with open arms, come on its not as if they spend great wads of money, i was in a shop the other day and they intimidated the poor seller so much she partically gave her goods away, i like to barter but i always give the sellers a fair price that both parties are happy with.

From the Goan voice - Cops detain 76 in combing operations. and Goa's tourism takes another hefty blow

http://www.goanvoice.org.uk

thatman Nov 29th 2008 2:56 pm

There is no link to this - it is in the supplement of the Times of India - Sunday 30th Nov.
Heading of the article is - The heat is on - security concerns in Goa.

"Calangute MLA Agnelo Fernandes revealed some shocking facts. He said, a couple of months ago in a meeting with police officers and state officials including the chief minister, I had requested them to tighten security along the coastal belt, especially in Baga, since there are more foreigners there. I had also asked them to block entry of vehicles into Titos lane. If vehicles are frisked, it would create a traffic jam, but no action was taken. It is after the attacks in Mumbai that police officers have been deputed there. He continues, the armed police was shifted from there. When I enquired, I was informed that due to IFFI, the officers were shifted".

So if anything happens here on NY Eve, as has been reported, then how many police officers can we expect to see. Last week there was an accident outside Navtara just as we were going inside. The restaurant staff rang the police and 108 ambulance and the police came after 10 minutes and took the injured lady away in their jeep. The ambulance came after we had eaten our meal and were just leaving!!!!!

The article goes on to quote Hotelier and club owner Nandan Kudchadkar - part of it - "along with CCTV cameras police kiosks should be set up to make tourists and people feel safe. It is easy to say the police are inefficient but without proper support from the government they are helpless. Funds should be allocated to tighten internal security."

A couple of kiosks with police with outdate rifles will make us feel really safe :ohmy:

thatman Nov 30th 2008 2:52 pm

Not in the newspapers but on NDTV news this morning talking about the warnings given prior to Mumbai attacks.
"Mumbai and Goa have been under surveillance by terrorists for 2 months".

See if it will be in tomorrows papers.