Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

We got it too. It might have something to do with the conservative party conference in Manchester. They maybe don.t want anyone to make waves and they will be well aware of the anger on the visa forums and the possible repercussions if they get any bad publicity
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received the same email today as well with the October 31st deadline after sending an email enquiry. Hopefully they stick to the deadline!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got in touch with them through email. They said they have escalated my application and will be in touch with me in 15 working days, which will be on coming Friday (The 15 working day deadline).
I hope I get some positive news very soon.

How about you? did you hear something?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:20 am
Just Joined

leemur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adi16
I got in touch with them through email. They said they have escalated my application and will be in touch with me in 15 working days, which will be on coming Friday (The 15 working day deadline).
I hope I get some positive news very soon.

How about you? did you hear something?
How did you get in touch with them?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Just been talking about it here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/merged-spouse-visa-issues-sheffield-spouse-visa-chat-thread-899315/page83/
I got this today .. 22 weeks

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update.

Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience caused.

We will contact you shortly to update you on what is happening

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Notice its Dear Sir/Madame

Nothing personal about this email!

Clearly its being sent to the masses
Received the same bullshit email this morning, quoting 31st of October. We reach day 100 tomorrow and the 31st October would take us to day 124.

Worth taking a look at this spreadsheet which pretty much proves they are manipulating the numbers by leaving late applications on the shelf and keeping the processing date for others around the 60 day mark.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

I got the same email.

Applied 28th April!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
We got it too. It might have something to do with the conservative party conference in Manchester. They maybe don.t want anyone to make waves and they will be well aware of the anger on the visa forums and the possible repercussions if they get any bad publicity
When is the conference?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Orson Carte is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in week 30 (>150 days) and we received the same Dear Sir/Madam, 31st October obfuscating email as well. Words fail me, as I do not understand how a Government instrumentality can treat its citizens so badly.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PinkDia

We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update.
If these guys’ aim is anything to go by, I’d hate to be the janitor in charge of cleaning the toilets at UKVI Sheffield. <snip>

Such a cop-out. But anyone who’s inside of time probably has nothing to worry about as they’re probably trying to keep on top of the current applications, and not worry too much about the extra late ones. Do just enough to keep the masses grumpy but not revolting.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 28th 2017 at 5:58 am. Reason: Please don't - we still know the words you're trying to use!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Do you think if we reply they will read it?
My husband is meeting the MP this Friday.

im going to get him to print the emails and highlight "we aim to"

What else can we do?!?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PinkDia
Do you think if we reply they will read it?
My husband is meeting the MP this Friday.

im going to get him to print the emails and highlight "we aim to"

What else can we do?!?
No they won’t read it. Have had plenty of experience in that. Keep rattling your MPs cage. They work for you. Fingers crossed for you it comes before.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Got it this morning!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Got it this morning!
Got the visa??? More details please
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

KingsinOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cecilia5778
Why don't you go to UK, settle and then your wife goes later with her visa? I married in march 2016, applied on June that year and was refused on the relationship and financial because my bank statements were not dated. Ok , I appealed. But I went to uk to see my husband on September 2016 and waited there the answer. The appeal failed and the letter they approved the relationship but asked me from letters of my pensions providers. I stayed in uk with my tourist visa until expired in March. Came back to my country and made a fresh application this year in June, now with absolutely all criterias redundelly met. After three months the passport came with the visa. So was one year and five months and almost 5 thousand dollars in fees that I got my visa. But I have got it. If I can give any advice to anyone reading this is: don't give up your house in your country while apllying for spouse visa, you may never get , at least you are in your house , in your country. And before marrying, be sure you can bring the spouse to your country...
I have considered this, but we have 8 month old twin daughters and I don't really want to be the other side of the world from them. I realised that it wouldn't be the easiest process as I've kept an eye on it the whole time throughout our relationship, but some transparency rather than emails saying that the application isn't straightforward etc when it clearly is, is what the problem is...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.