Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 25th 2017, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Does your partner/sponsor have to be in the UK already? I thought they could stay with you until you get you visa?
Old Sep 25th 2017, 7:14 am
Just Joined

j_dt2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Hello all.
I was suggested to join this forum as my settlement visa is also delayed in process.
Email stated that they received application: 1st June (I did from VFS Chiangmai Thailand, priority)
Email stated that my application is not "straight forward" on Sunday, a couple of days before it reached 60 working days.
Now I am on second escalation. Got email from them that my application now is being looked at as urgent case, still haven't heard anything from them. My husband also got the MP involved but from what I have learnt from forums, I am not sure how difference this will make.
I am keeping myself busy with works and else to keep me going. My husband and two sons (british passport) are waiting and this delay starting to wear them down.
I don't really know the word "urgent case" means anything but I do hope it ends soon.
Fingers crossed to everyone!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 7:16 am
Just Joined

j_dt2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
My wife did her biometrics on 25 April in Bangkok. We were married 7 years ago and have lived together for all that time in our family home in Thailand. I moved back to UK on 19 May to set up home with our 4 year old son (British Passport) so that he could start primary school in September. He has been without his mummy now for four months and asks every night will he ever see his mummy again. My wife is a teacher (Thai govt officer). We easily qualify for settlement in all respects.

She is now on working day 107. My MP is on the case. I wonder what happens if we go past 120 days. I am at the lowest point ever in my life.
Hanging there. It's very difficult and upsetting but don't let this get you down. Hope you hear from them very soon!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Biometrics done 20/07/17 in Hong Kong (Priority)

Confirmation email received on 21/07 after than nothing. (nearly 50 working days)
Old Sep 25th 2017, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poliphilus
One has to apply from one's passport-issuing country. As it happens I haven't lived in mine for almost twenty years. Other than some very patient friends and family I don't have any ties here.

If, as anticipated, this process took the advertised 5–15 days (or, hell, the promised 60 days) I could have muddled through. But half a year?
That is not correct. If you are legally a resident in a 3rd country you can apply in that country. My wife is Kazakh and we applied for her visa in the UAE
Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner & I applied for civil partnership / fiancé visa in Bangkok
Application 28 April
Biometrics 4 May
Sheffield confirmation 5 May
Not straightforward email end May
Escalated 3 times from 25 July
No request for more information
No feedback
18 Sept told case would be passed to management and repot in 3-5 days - no word
18 Sept wrote to MP Catherine West. ( Hornsey & Wood Green)
Now 101 working days
Any advice on next steps appreciated!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adi16
Biometrics done 20/07/17 in Hong Kong (Priority)

Confirmation email received on 21/07 after than nothing. (nearly 50 working days)
Hello Adi16, had you tried calling Sheffield to check the status of your application?
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Good news. Hope you don't have to wait weeks to get decision like we have been doing, after that email.
Hi Rosy just to let you know following payment of the IHS fee i received a phone call from my MP today and he told me that our papers are with the Entry Clearance Team which i guess is the last stage. I just hope having paid the fee that we do not have to wait a long time to get a decision. On a positive note all of the posts i have read were people have been asked to pay the IHS fee have received good news. Although if you got a refusal you would not necessary post it on here. I know i won't because i will be so disappointed! Its difficult trying to stay positive and try and see hope even when its just peeping through the door!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Hi Rosy just to let you know following payment of the IHS fee i received a phone call from my MP today and he told me that our papers are with the Entry Clearance Team which i guess is the last stage. I just hope having paid the fee that we do not have to wait a long time to get a decision. On a positive note all of the posts i have read were people have been asked to pay the IHS fee have received good news. Although if you got a refusal you would not necessary post it on here. I know i won't because i will be so disappointed! Its difficult trying to stay positive and try and see hope even when its just peeping through the door!
Happy for you Gary, crossing fingers that your case will be sorted soon. My husband will have a meeting with his MP tomorrow. We will make it really serious now.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Happy for you Gary, crossing fingers that your case will be sorted soon. My husband will have a meeting with his MP tomorrow. We will make it really serious now.
I think that is a good move because Sheffield are just playing with you now! I am wondering wether they are deliberating waiting until day 120 to make the decision prioritising those cases they can process in 60 days. How many business days for you now and from what country? I wonder wether the delay is to do with checking some of your docs more throughly because of fraud. My wife is from the Philippines and you can buy anything there, passports, IELTS certificates etc. Thats what i read anyhow! Let me know if you hear anything. I am sure you do not me to tell you but make sure your MP asks for the real reason for your delay. Sheffield are always so vague . Thats what i hate most about them.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that is a good move because Sheffield are just playing with you now! I am wondering wether they are deliberating waiting until day 120 to make the decision prioritising those cases they can process in 60 days. How many business days for you now and from what country? I wonder wether the delay is to do with checking some of your docs more throughly because of fraud. My wife is from the Philippines and you can buy anything there, passports, IELTS certificates etc. Thats what i read anyhow! Let me know if you hear anything. I am sure you do not me to tell you but make sure your MP asks for the real reason for your delay. Sheffield are always so vague . Thats what i hate most about them.
It will be 80th working day for us this Thursday. It's interesting that UKVI call center is always russbish but the last time I talked to a girl she could track everything and she said the last time they looked at our case was 3rd of September. Perhaps they just wanted to check if we had made the payment. Then I am afraid it has been put on one side since then. Hate the thought of our case might only be looked at again when it gets near to 120 working days.
We applied from Hanoi. Will let you know if we hear anything
Old Sep 25th 2017, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clive157
Application 28 April
Biometrics 4 May
No feedback
Now 101 working days
Applications summit 10 may bio may 15 waiting still .. nathing any single reply 95 working day today
Old Sep 25th 2017, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Cecilia5778 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just received some positive news. Home office has just sent an email to pay the IHS fee for our daughter. I mentioned this to my MP in my letter so i reckon my MP,s intervention
is helping our case and is slowly chipping away and pushing them to get their finger out.

I honestly don't understand the issues here about payment....from Brazil, we apply online first and pay right way all the fees applied, for the visa and for the health surcharge. There is no issue about if is paid or not by the time you go to the center to have the biometrics taken and the documentation given. So I just wonder that each centers have different rules...
Old Sep 25th 2017, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clive157
Application 28 April
Biometrics 4 May
No feedback
Now 101 working days
My wife also applied 28th April in Bangkok!
No word on her visa yet!
MP involved ... no help!
Generic emails with excuses about how busy they are.
Basically any application that has already missed the 60 working day SLA then they have been moved to the non straight forward category marked for 120 days to complete!

This is how the home office is able to lie to the public and state that applications are being processed within the SLA and the backlog of applications from April to end of May have been categorised as not straight forward.
We are only 3 weeks from that milestone so fingers crossed!

Last edited by Scousejohn; Sep 25th 2017 at 4:48 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cecilia5778
I honestly don't understand the issues here about payment....from Brazil, we apply online first and pay right way all the fees applied, for the visa and for the health surcharge. There is no issue about if is paid or not by the time you go to the center to have the biometrics taken and the documentation given. So I just wonder that each centers have different rules...
Because in this country in Sheffield there is a problem with regard making a payment for child dependants (problem with the HO computer system) if you don't experience it you don.t need to worry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.