Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 21st 2017, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by quiltman
Any application from the Phils is double checked as it is a "suspect" country for forged documents. For example if you have the annulment, this will be checked via Manila to confirm it is a true document. The average time for spouse visas from Phils is around 6 months so how your friend got a decision in 8 days is unusual , unless of course by applying through VFS they, (VFS) were able to confirm the genuine nature of the documents.
If Sheffield only received the documents on 11th august you may have some time to wait yet! Sheffield is also currently inundated with applications and even priority is taking much longer.Plus of course it's holiday time. There are plenty of threads on BE about this as you've found out.
Oh, on one line you say documents received on 11th August, and further down you say you've not received notification they have been received. AFAIK you won't hear anything until either they want more info, or a decision is made. It's the same with passports - no notification they have received documents - it's up to you to check. All you get is the DHL tracking number when they return them.
I know it's frustrating , but it's similar in other countries -The USA spouse visa takes 8/10 months minimum!
Hopefully a decision will be made soon - just keep checking on the website.
It'll all be worth it when you are settled back in UK.
How do you know it takes on average 6 months to process applications from the Philippines! What is your source?
Old Aug 21st 2017, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by IKInd
yes, my local MP has written letter on 9th Aug, lets see what impact that has on home office
Hello.
We are at 90 days and waiting. Non priority from Canada.
We've escalated every 15 days and sent an emaile escalation.
We've had the typical emails requesting more documentation, your application isn't straight forward and your application is being forwarded to a manager for a decision(July 25th). We've also contacted our MP with no success. And still we wait. Beyond frustrated and stressed.
Each day I hope to wake to an email....
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Settlement Visas
Settlement

We are at 90 days and waiting. Non priority from Canada.
We've escalated every 15 days and sent an emaile escalation.
Times as quoted on Home Office website - https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

Most applications are processed within 60 days.
Number of days to process application 30 days 60 days
% of applications decided 60% 100%
Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

The above data is for all decisions made in May 2017

I don't know where in Canada you applied so selected Edmonton. I doubt quoted times are different for other parts of Canada.

Which is it - a pack of lies or Home Office living in dreamland?
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

bushy911 I don't mean pack of lies from you!! I meant pack of lies issued by Home Office
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

lesathomp9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally! We have our approved visa's in hand! And it only took 83 days for a priority application!! I have to say contacting our MP and him calling multiple times is the only thing that worked for us. Everyone still waiting, hang in there!!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Rosetaiwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I applied spouse visa in Taiwan on May 26 2017, it just went pass 12 weeks.(60 working days.)
Last Friday, I received a not straightforward email to state that they need more time to proceed my application. It's so frustrating when I thought the waiting should have been ended on working day 60. From everybody's experience, it looks like the 60 days won't be the end, it's just on the half way through.
Can anyone tell me it won't be over 24 weeks, am I right?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesathomp9
Finally! We have our approved visa's in hand! And it only took 83 days for a priority application!! I have to say contacting our MP and him calling multiple times is the only thing that worked for us. Everyone still waiting, hang in there!!
Congratulations - glad the wait is over for you.

Originally Posted by Rosetaiwan
Hi everyone,
I applied spouse visa in Taiwan on May 26 2017, it just went pass 12 weeks.(60 working days.)
Last Friday, I received a not straightforward email to state that they need more time to proceed my application. It's so frustrating when I thought the waiting should have been ended on working day 60. From everybody's experience, it looks like the 60 days won't be the end, it's just on the half way through.
We can't give you a definitive answer as each case is different and depending on the backlog of cases, you're case can take XX amount of days/weeks/month. When it passes the 60 day mark it's worth speaking to your local MP so they can chase up the progress of the application.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Rosetaiwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations - glad the wait is over for you.

We can't give you a definitive answer as each case is different and depending on the backlog of cases, you're case can take XX amount of days/weeks/month. When it passes the 60 day mark it's worth speaking to your local MP so they can chase up the progress of the application.
Thank you for your reply. It's very nice of you to give advice.
Yesterday we got in touch with local MP. We will keep trying to push for the result and pray for everyone to receive their visa no matter when it comes, even it's a bit late than usual. I am ready for the visa even it comes on working day 120. I will keep follow this thread, I hope to see more warm sharings here.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosetaiwan
Thank you for your reply. It's very nice of you to give advice.
Yesterday we got in touch with local MP. We will keep trying to push for the result and pray for everyone to receive their visa no matter when it comes, even it's a bit late than usual. I am ready for the visa even it comes on working day 120. I will keep follow this thread, I hope to see more warm sharings here.
Fingers crossed you don't have to wait any longer.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,
Rosetaiwan

a) I would encourage you to post your experience on the forum's 2017 UK Spouse Visa Timelines Part II (TIMELINES ONLY) page. The more who do so the greater the weight of evidence of the Home Office poor performance - evidence that could be used to put pressure on the government to bring about an improvement. Remember the government receives £millions in revenue from visa applications and giving poor service in return.

b) Ask your sponsor to contact his MP and while doing so stress yours is not an isolated case - the excessive delays are happening to everyone.

I don't know if the same is happening throughout the world, but its certainly happening to countries covered by the closure of VFS Decision Making Centre in Manila in Feb 2017.

I would also suggest writing to the Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration - [email protected] - I doubt they'll take any notice of individual complaints, but receive enough and they might investigate.

Okay - none of the above will probably help your situation, but it might bring about urgently needed improvement for the benefit of others applying.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Mrsd11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hi all,

Anyone could help me? Out of curiosity checked my visa4uk account.
Not long ago status was complete.. Now it's "in active" in red bold colour, What does it mean? Any significance on application?

Any one checked their visa4uk account recently? Waiting day 80+ from application last April 20, 2017 received pairs of contrasting emails on day60 July 14,2017.the not straightforward and hold application.
Will really appreciate some information.

Many thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys, our passport was received with no decision in it ,there was no vignette,there was no refusal stamp and there was no refusal letter. After contacting UKVI ,we received an email today that written details of our application has been sent to us and if we chose to receive our documents by courier ,we can track our travel documents online ..IM MORE CONFUSED
what travel documents are they talking about?Theyve sent us our passport already? with no decision?Please Help ...
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hello guys, our passport was received with no decision in it ,there was no vignette,there was no refusal stamp and there was no refusal letter. After contacting UKVI ,we received an email today that written details of our application has been sent to us and if we chose to receive our documents by courier ,we can track our travel documents online ..IM MORE CONFUSED
what travel documents are they talking about?Theyve sent us our passport already? with no decision?Please Help ...
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrsd11
Hi all,

Anyone could help me? Out of curiosity checked my visa4uk account.
Not long ago status was complete.. Now it's "in active" in red bold colour, What does it mean? Any significance on application?

Any one checked their visa4uk account recently? Waiting day 80+ from application last April 20, 2017 received pairs of contrasting emails on day60 July 14,2017.the not straightforward and hold application.
Will really appreciate some information.

Many thanks
Strange that! I just checked mine and it also says in active!

A few days ago it said complete, dont know the significance of this but we also waited from 28th April and this has only just changed in the past few days.

There is a visit visa my wife applied for still showing on the visa4uk site that has always shown in active and has done for over 2 years since she was refused.

My thinking is it turns to in active once the application has been processed fully , but maybe that is wishful thinking!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emm123
Talk about adding insult to injury. After such a long and expensive ordeal to leave you dangling in further uncertainty is simply cruel. You have all my sympathy and hope they can make this right as soon as possible.

I'm on working day 80 without any kind of update since my application was deemed non-straightforward a month ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.