Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 20th 2017, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

According to your earlier postings you only submitted supporting documents on 8 August (application completed late July)

Why are you blaming Home Office/UKVI for being apart from your fiance for so long? As you say, you have had to wait for the divorce and then CENOMAR, neither of which are anything to do with British immigration.
Because it has become apparent from posts on this and other forums the prompt manner in which applications used to be expedited no longer exists despite the Government jacking up the fees 35% in 2 years.

Maybe I am being a bit quick off the mark in my condemnation of the Home Office/UKVI because in actual fact Sheffield didn't received our documents until 11 August, so I can hardly expect a decision already. However, my friend submitted their application last November through the same VFS DMC in Manila we would have used had it not been closed and received the decision within 8 days. 5 days working days have already passed and we've not even had confirmation the docs were received. And going by the timelines posted elsewhere on British Expats, plus reading the Report I referred to in a previous post, its pretty obvious we're not going to get a decision anytime soon, because the system is a shambles.

I could sit on my hands and hope we're the exception and get a quick decision, but that hardly helps others stuck in the system - not that I have the solution other than lending support where I can.

(NOT divorce SanDiegogirl. There is no divorce in Philippines - only annulment if you're lucky enough to find good lawyer and prepared to pay big bucks for the privilege.)
Old Aug 20th 2017, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

AnaFoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news!

Got my decision this Friday!
On the 60th working day... now I'm waiting for my passport ☺️

Applied may 26th biometrics too
Decision Aug 18th
Old Aug 20th 2017, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Good news!

Decision Aug 18th
Congratulations! Was that STANDARD OR PRIORITY?
Old Aug 20th 2017, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
Congratulations! Was that STANDARD OR PRIORITY?
Priority!
Applied from Dublin - Ireland
Old Aug 20th 2017, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Priority!
Applied from Dublin - Ireland
60 days for a priority application!! Jesus - that's legalised State theft. Happy to take the £550 + extra fee and give nothing in return.

Was it a straight forward or complex application?
Old Aug 21st 2017, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Because it has become apparent from posts on this and other forums the prompt manner in which applications used to be expedited no longer exists despite the Government jacking up the fees 35% in 2 years.

Maybe I am being a bit quick off the mark in my condemnation of the Home Office/UKVI because in actual fact Sheffield didn't received our documents until 11 August, so I can hardly expect a decision already. However, my friend submitted their application last November through the same VFS DMC in Manila we would have used had it not been closed and received the decision within 8 days. 5 days working days have already passed and we've not even had confirmation the docs were received. And going by the timelines posted elsewhere on British Expats, plus reading the Report I referred to in a previous post, its pretty obvious we're not going to get a decision anytime soon, because the system is a shambles.

I could sit on my hands and hope we're the exception and get a quick decision, but that hardly helps others stuck in the system - not that I have the solution other than lending support where I can.

(NOT divorce SanDiegogirl. There is no divorce in Philippines - only annulment if you're lucky enough to find good lawyer and prepared to pay big bucks for the privilege.)
Any application from the Phils is double checked as it is a "suspect" country for forged documents. For example if you have the annulment, this will be checked via Manila to confirm it is a true document. The average time for spouse visas from Phils is around 6 months so how your friend got a decision in 8 days is unusual , unless of course by applying through VFS they, (VFS) were able to confirm the genuine nature of the documents.
If Sheffield only received the documents on 11th august you may have some time to wait yet! Sheffield is also currently inundated with applications and even priority is taking much longer.Plus of course it's holiday time. There are plenty of threads on BE about this as you've found out.
Oh, on one line you say documents received on 11th August, and further down you say you've not received notification they have been received. AFAIK you won't hear anything until either they want more info, or a decision is made. It's the same with passports - no notification they have received documents - it's up to you to check. All you get is the DHL tracking number when they return them.
I know it's frustrating , but it's similar in other countries -The USA spouse visa takes 8/10 months minimum!
Hopefully a decision will be made soon - just keep checking on the website.
It'll all be worth it when you are settled back in UK.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 7:28 am
Just Joined

60 days for a priority application!! Jesus - that's legalised State theft. Happy to take the £550 + extra fee and give nothing in return.

Was it a straight forward or complex application?
Straight forward... we paid cos the lawyer said that was quicker... but if we knew before.. it was better to apply for non priority and ask to keep my passport... this way I could wait in UK until I get my visa 😓
Old Aug 21st 2017, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its fine to use any part of my message - I'm pleased someone is showing an interest. If I can help in any way let me know.
Maybe try the Gaurdian as well. They have just covered the story about the UK Doctor who's adopted sons were not let in and got stuck in the visa process until the paper intervened!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

by end of this week it will be 98 WORKING DAYS!!!, I am so disappointing with service home office is providing. if it was private company doing, you could have gone to some independent Ombudsman and complaint and receive some reply. Here it is government, seems we cant do anything.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnaFoster
Good news!

Decision Aug 18th
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by AnaFoster
Straight forward... we paid cos the lawyer said that was quicker... but if we knew before.. it was better to apply for non priority and ask to keep my passport... this way I could wait in UK until I get my visa 😓
Mine has advised me not to pay priority as so many people have done that and have been waiting for 60 days or more. It seems when you get nearer the 60 day mark you tend to hear something back from them.

Originally Posted by IKInd
by end of this week it will be 98 WORKING DAYS!!!, I am so disappointing with service home office is providing. if it was private company doing, you could have gone to some independent Ombudsman and complaint and receive some reply. Here it is government, seems we cant do anything.
Yikes! That's dragging on, did you pay priority? Have you got in touch with your local MP to see if he/she can help?
Old Aug 21st 2017, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, my local MP has written letter on 9th Aug, lets see what impact that has on home office
Old Aug 21st 2017, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations!

Mine has advised me not to pay priority as so many people have done that and have been waiting for 60 days or more. It seems when you get nearer the 60 day mark you tend to hear something back from them.

Yikes! That's dragging on, did you pay priority? Have you got in touch with your local MP to see if he/she can help?
When I applied I didn't know about the backlog... my lawyer said that the whole process was taking 15 working days... 😡 I'm so pissed with this lawyer! If we known that we could wait together in U.K.... I'm Brazilian but I have a residence permit to live in Ireland.. so I could travel to U.K... but I didn't know that if you apply using priority service you can't ask to wait for the decision with your passport... so I was stuck in Ireland 😡 If you apply with non priority you can ask to keep your passport and travel to U.K...
Old Aug 21st 2017, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKInd
yes, my local MP has written letter on 9th Aug, lets see what impact that has on home office
Probably won't have the impact you'd want but it'll almost certainly make them take notice of your case. Hoping you get a quick reply back and that you're application is resolved.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Stay strong - i know it's easy to say harder to put in practice, the system at the moment clearly does not work and they've mucked up big time, now there is a back log of applications that they are rushing through, missing paperwork etc, it's just chaos at the moment. Hoping everyone gets the results they want soon so this nightmare is over with
Old Aug 21st 2017, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Me too mate!
But lets not be under any illusion that our government gives two hoots about us!
They have sold the contract to apply to the highest bidder and scumbags like Capita who hound the poor and vunerable of our country , that pretty much sums up how our government views us common folk!
Extorted when applying and robbed when trying to get answers for delays.
I might just move back to Thailand to be honest!
To be honest SJ i am not sure why you would want to come back to the UK. i was in Thailand twice last year i loved it. i could live there!! The UK is going down the pan with Brexit, heavy taxation, and a government which just looks after the rich and does not believe in family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.