Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

According to the Visa4UK website it says applications will become inactive after 120 days.

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Strange that! I just checked mine and it also says in active!

A few days ago it said complete, dont know the significance of this but we also waited from 28th April and this has only just changed in the past few days.

There is a visit visa my wife applied for still showing on the visa4uk site that has always shown in active and has done for over 2 years since she was refused.

My thinking is it turns to in active once the application has been processed fully , but maybe that is wishful thinking!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by haldane86
According to the Visa4UK website it says applications will become inactive after 120 days.
Yes, that seems right, can't imagine visa4uk is hooked directly into the UKVI processing database (they just collect a fee to send the docs and do the biometrics). "In active" isn't even correct English.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haldane86
Oh well wishful thinking it was then
😂 as now been 140 days for us!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news everybody , i spent another £36 calling them yesterday and was provided with an abundance of absolutely useless infomation! But they did promise to add the word URGENT!! In the email header this time. So gona hold my breath starting...... Now.......� ����
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I'm on working day 80 without any kind of update since my application was deemed non-straightforward a month ago
poliphilus - obviously I don't know the circumstances surrounding your application. However, Home Office guidelines state "applications must not be
defined as non-straightforward and must not be marked as ‘complex’ when the holdup is due to ‘logistical delays’ such as ‘IT failure." The Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration found that of 88 applications in January 2017 33 were incorrectly marked as non-straightforward or complex ie IT issues 8, Awaiting Home Office checks/reports 11, Awaiting documents not forwarded by VAC 4, Requesting applicant to withdraw 4, Reason not clear 6. Theses occurred in Croydon DMC. If, as it would appear, Sheffield has a backlog of cases and can't meet the target of 100% decisions in 60 days, its highly likely the same thing is happening there on a much larger scale.

Post your timeline on the forum's 2017 UK Spouse Visa Timelines Part II (TIMELINES ONLY) page and contact your/sponsor's MP.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
bushy911 I don't mean pack of lies from you!! I meant pack of lies issued by Home Office
No worries.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Rosetaiwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
Today I phoned the paid service, the man told me that the average issuing settlement visa time is 4-6 months since Brexit. The visa will definitely come out but it won't meet the standard processing time anymore, especially there are a bunch of student visas to handle now. He said they don't really have a way to tell the Sheffield to hurry up even if they promise they might be able to do something (e.g mark the case and email Sheffield).
Anyway, I will sit and wait till good things happen. Hope we all can see family soon.
#Day63/ Taiwan

Last edited by Rosetaiwan; Aug 23rd 2017 at 8:32 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in a similar situation to Rosetaiwan. Applied online May 22, biometrics May 29. Haven't heard anything yet, but expecting something soon. Looks like it will just be notification of further delay.

I have moved back to the UK with my daughter now so she could start school. My wife is still in China, so there is significant additional cost to us and I'm not really in a position to start work. I haven't called the helpline as I would just be making a further, unjustified financial contribution to the work of the Border Agency. I may contact my MP soon, but it's ridiculous that I should even be thinking about that.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

applied 7th April 2017
application not straight forward email received 5th July
escalated case via phone on 26th July, past 15 days no one contacted
MP wrote letter 9th Aug
re-escalated via email on 18th Aug
contacted MP 22nd Aug - told to wait for month before any further follow-up by his office
as of today its 96th working day - NO RESPONSE, STILL WAITING
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Wonderful news everybody , i spent another £36 calling them yesterday and was provided with an abundance of absolutely useless infomation! But they did promise to add the word URGENT!! In the email header this time. So gona hold my breath starting...... Now.......� ����
I wonder if they've remembered to hit the send button though?
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

applied 7th April 2017
application not straight forward email received 5th July
escalated case via phone on 26th July, past 15 days no one contacted
MP wrote letter 9th Aug
re-escalated via email on 18th Aug
contacted MP 22nd Aug - told to wait for month before any further follow-up by his office
as of today its 96th working day - NO RESPONSE, STILL WAITING
If you haven't already done so please post your timeline on British Expats 2017 UK Spouse Visa Timelines Part II (TIMELINES ONLY). The more evidence of Home Office inadequate performance in place the greater chance of getting matter put right.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Thea1526 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which vfs country did you apply?did you received emails from the UK entry officer about the status of your application for the whole 60 days. I applied from Abu Dhabi vfs last July 19, 2017. NO EMAIL NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MY VISA APPLICATION. It's really a torture for me. I need to leave the country this coming September middle of the month for my husbands working visa is finished.Dont know what to do now. Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Thea1526 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
I don't want to sound negative but i would not advise anyone to make future
flight bookings because it is impossible to predict anything. I like you thought
maximum 10 weeks, non priority, philippines, 71 days and still counting
Can we check online the status of our visas? Anyone idea of the website please thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thea1526
Which vfs country did you apply?did you received emails from the UK entry officer about the status of your application for the whole 60 days. I applied from Abu Dhabi vfs last July 19, 2017. NO EMAIL NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MY VISA APPLICATION. It's really a torture for me. I need to leave the country this coming September middle of the month for my husbands working visa is finished.Dont know what to do now. Thanks
I applied last July 10 and I only got an email from sheffield last August 8 stating that they already recieved my applications. I was also worried when I didn't got any email after a week of submission of my documents, that's why I emailed them and spent almost £6.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thea1526
Can we check online the status of our visas? Anyone idea of the website please thanks
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.