Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 25th 2017, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

102 working days and nothing so far.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by IKInd
102 working days and nothing so far.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not far behind you. 93 days
Where did you apply from and was it priority or non priority?
Old Aug 25th 2017, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bushy911
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not far behind you. 93 days
Where did you apply from and was it priority or non priority?
India- non priority. You?
Old Aug 26th 2017, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice

Canada and no priority as well.
We've contacted our MP(so far not much success) and also another civil sercant friend in hopes they can assist us. We've escalated every 15days since hitting the 60 day mark.
I hope this all comes to an end soon, for everyone. Here is a human component to all these applications and lives that are on hold, torn apart and missed because of the Home Offices lack of professionalism and efficiency.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

I applied from India too. When my husband called the helpline number for an update they told him priority visas were being processed in 12 and non priority in 24 weeks. The lady basically said VFS had lied about the priority processing times.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Canadianwife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bushy911
Canada and no priority as well.
We've contacted our MP(so far not much success) and also another civil sercant friend in hopes they can assist us. We've escalated every 15days since hitting the 60 day mark.
I hope this all comes to an end soon, for everyone. Here is a human component to all these applications and lives that are on hold, torn apart and missed because of the Home Offices lack of professionalism and efficiency.

How long did it take for them to receive your application.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Orson Carte is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied early March 2017 from Melbourne, Australia. Did not get conned into paying for priority processing. Been waiting 124 days up to today. Escalated twice - well, that's what we were told, no evidence to suggest it was. Last email reply last week from UKVI written by someone whose written English was appalling and comprehension not much better as not one of our three questions were answered. If I were to email again I would ask what language they would prefer as English is obviously a struggle, though emails seem to be an absolute waste of time, as are the phone calls.

We received one email reply stating that all applications should be processed within 24 weeks. Well, we're past that milestone without anything happening, so that was just another pack of lies. Sometimes we stop and think are we part of some massive scam that people haven't cottoned onto yet.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Hi

I am new here,

This is very worrying for me, I'm English and live in England and trying to bring my wife over from Thailand. She applied in Bangkok and used the scan option.

We also paid the priority, I thought this would be approved within 10-15 days.

biometrics; 11/08/2017
Received email:14/08/2017

So its only been like 10 days but I am worried because she is pregnant with our first child and only has 9 weeks until she can not fly. So if it does not come in time I'm going to have to leave my job and life here and move over there. Or miss the birth of my son, which I WILL NOT DO.

Come one Sheffield sort it out.
Hi Vendetta. My wife application is non priority and she is now well over 80 working days. I have stopped counting. Her application is rock solid. Sheffield are in total disarray as far as anyone can make out. My Escalation at Day 60 has fallen on deaf ears. Hope you are lucky, but prepare yourself for a long delay.

My wife is Thai, did biometrics BKK 25 April

Last edited by KernowIan; Aug 27th 2017 at 6:14 am.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

Just recently received "not straightforward email" (on 74th working day, priority application). Does anybody knows what it means? (apart of lame excuse for delay ) They didn't specify and didn't ask for any additional info. And if you had it - how long it took for Home Office to make a decision?

Cheers,
Irina
Old Aug 28th 2017, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

89 working days since application received in Sheffield, no decision still . Unbelievable crap from UKVI
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irin
Hi everyone!

Just recently received "not straightforward email" (on 74th working day, priority application). Does anybody knows what it means? (apart of lame excuse for delay ) They didn't specify and didn't ask for any additional info. And if you had it - how long it took for Home Office to make a decision?

Cheers,
Irina
That's taking a guess at when they will make a decision. Most people have been getting those emails, i wouldn't read too much in to it other than that they are swamped with applications and cannot process it in the given times. Fingers crossed you hear something this week! Have you tried speaking to your local MP to see if they can help you and try finding out where you're application is at?

Originally Posted by PaManjang
89 working days since application received in Sheffield, no decision still . Unbelievable crap from UKVI
Priority or Non-Priority? Have you spoken to a local MP to see if they can get any updates out of them! Fingers crossed you hear back this week from them!
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Moroccan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Some do, some don't.
yes I think that some people do and some people don't anyway I didn't get any email about receiving my docs and the only one I got was about receiving my application in Sheffield after my biometric appointment
The service feels a bit frustrating and they still feel less staffed
And as I paid for priority I think that it's 60 working days instead of 15 working days
Good luck everyone
Old Aug 29th 2017, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Canadianwife
How long did it take for them to receive your application.
Biometrics -April 13
On-line Application received -April 23
Further documents requested- July 10
"Not straight forward" email July 10
Referred onto a manager July 25
Escalations done every 15 days
MP contacted- Aug 10 ( still no word)
It will be 94 working days tomorrow
It's really dishearten to hear people's accounts of 120+ days and still no word.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

All these posts are getting me worried. Will be applying for my wife's Settlement Visa in Dubai next week. We've been married 9 years, no kids, she's had 5 UK visit visas over that time. I'll be earning well over the threshold. Pretty straight forward case and I will pay for Prioriy.

We have tickets bought for 21st December. The problem is that I will have to cancel my Visa here the week before we are scheduled to travel and cancel hers as she is under my sponsorship i.e attached to my visa. After that she has only 30 days to leave the UAE.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi Vendetta. My wife application is non priority and she is now well over 80 working days. I have stopped counting. Her application is rock solid. Sheffield are in total disarray as far as anyone can make out. My Escalation at Day 60 has fallen on deaf ears. Hope you are lucky, but prepare yourself for a long delay.

My wife is Thai, did biometrics BKK 25 April
Hi Mate,

That is shocking, I don't believe you have to pay this much and get no updates sent to you. Then when you want to find out you have to pay!

I guess it's easier for Europeans to come here! What rights have we got as husbands over in Thailand? Can we live and work etc? Or do we need permits?

Hope you get a decision soon. I will let you know if I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.