Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old May 14th 2018, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by londoner007
It does not start from date they receive documents - who told you this?

It starts from the date of biometrics.
Not sure who this is in response to? If you could use the 'quote' button so people know who you are talking to, and also so they are more likely to see your response, that would be helpful, thx.
Old May 17th 2018, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our decision email today 45bd after email from Sheffield saying they had received our documents. Fingers crossed!!!
Old May 17th 2018, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Dreamy31 is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner has applied for priority spouse visa 27/04/18 I send supporting documents to Sheffield on the 03/05/18 we have not had any correspondence since then, biometric was taken on the 30/04/18. Is it safe to call ukvi for an update on document? I’m just curious that I haven’t receive a confirmation email of documents being received.
Old May 17th 2018, 12:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy31
My partner has applied for priority spouse visa 27/04/18 I send supporting documents to Sheffield on the 03/05/18 we have not had any correspondence since then, biometric was taken on the 30/04/18. Is it safe to call ukvi for an update on document? I’m just curious that I haven’t receive a confirmation email of documents being received.
Many people never receive an email confirming receipt of documents, it's not something to worry about (although I realise that a confirmation email is nice to get!)
Old May 18th 2018, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cca123
We got our decision email today 45bd after email from Sheffield saying they had received our documents. Fingers crossed!!!
Good luck!
Old May 20th 2018, 8:31 am
Just Joined

I have received back my documents on the 19/05/18 and I’ve received back everything that I’ve sent to Sheffield including the application and appendix 2. Inside the package there was a letter that states:

Dear sir/madam
sponsor documents Thank you for sending documents in support of U.K. visa application. Copies of all these documents have been retained by U.K. visa and immigration in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal process and you need take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have supplied.
In due course the applicant will receive a decision on the application.

my timeline is as follow
country that I applied from: Jamaica
date of application:27/04/18
date of biometric/30/04/18
doc sent:3/05/18
doc return back to sponsor:19/05/18
type of applicationriority

Does this means a decision is imminent? Also I’m confused as to why application an appendix was sent back with returning docs, also I sent an email to ukvi on the 18/05/18 within 20 minutes they replied back and my documents was sent back the same day I sent email.
Old May 21st 2018, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

received decision email on 16th May. Ive had to wait all weekend but passport and verdict should arrive tomorrow. Soooo nervous
Old May 21st 2018, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

received decision email on 16th May. Ive had to wait all weekend but passport and verdict should arrive tomorrow. Soooo nervous
Good luck again!
Old May 22nd 2018, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Visa approved! My husband, daughter and I fly out on the 12th.

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped with all my questions these past few months. Your support has been tremendous. we probably wouldn't have gotten the approval without you!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Brst of luck to everyone still waiting!
Old May 22nd 2018, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Visa approved! My husband, daughter and I fly out on the 12th.

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped with all my questions these past few months. Your support has been tremendous. we probably wouldn't have gotten the approval without you!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Brst of luck to everyone still waiting!
congratulations!!!

So happy for this great news!
Old May 23rd 2018, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Jhmw is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner applied on 22/04/2018 and the documents arrived at Sheffield on 03/05//2018 also but we have not received either an e-mail or Supporting documents back either.

I have tried calling the Home Office line but have not received any information from them. Please let me know if you do hear any update. I will do likewise!

Kind Regards,

James
Old May 23rd 2018, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jhmw
My partner applied on 22/04/2018 and the documents arrived at Sheffield on 03/05//2018 also but we have not received either an e-mail or Supporting documents back either.

I have tried calling the Home Office line but have not received any information from them. Please let me know if you do hear any update. I will do likewise!

Kind Regards,

James
Hi i email them on the 18/05/18 was told document is being considered waiting for decision.I didn’t received a confirmation email, however I receive back documents on the 19/05/18 on the 21/05/18 I receive an email stating application is at decision making centre.
Old May 23rd 2018, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Jhmw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i email them on the 18/05/18 was told document is being considered waiting for decision.I didn’t received a confirmation email, however I receive back documents on the 19/05/18 on the 21/05/18 I receive an email stating application is at decision making centre.
thanks for the response. Which email address did you contact them on?
Old May 23rd 2018, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jhmw
thanks for the response. Which email address did you contact them on?
I go on Gov.uk and type contact U.K. visa and immigration about your application. Follow instructions from there and fill out form.
Old May 24th 2018, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

heywhysamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Guys,
I am not a great fan of forums but I really need you guys now to keep my sanity. I applied for a spouse visa online on the 7th Of September, 2017 via a UK solicitor, Biometrics done in Nigeria on the 7th Of September, 2017, supporting documents received in Sheffield on the 21st Of September, 2017. Myself and my wife got an email inviting us for an interview on the 2nd of December, 2017, we attended interview on the 7th Of December, 2017, I was interviewed via video link while my wife was interviewed same time over the phone, interview went well, I am sure of that but till date we are yet to hear from the home office, we were told sometime in December that a decision has been made and later told decision has not been made. Till date, the home office has not returned our supporting documents or my passport and still now new. It's been 9months already and I don't know how long more I can wait. My wife has already involved her local MP but no luck still, they stopped replying the MP completely since March.

Please anyone experiencing such or know of anyone that has experience such? I just want to know how long more I need to wait. My wife and 2 year old son's passport was also included in the application so they can't visit me and I can't visit them. It is a torture.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.