Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Siyami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

[QUOTE=Siyami;12468738]
Originally Posted by Fashon

What!!!OMG. In situations like this one does not even know what to say.some of these case workers are just heartless. What does it cause them to ask for more evidence from an applicant. With the thuosands of pounds we are paying, talk less of the very stressful waiting period. So sorry dear be strong.

But this is getting me scared already. God sld pls hear me this time. I have been separates from my husband now for 8 years. Bco B4 obtaining his ILR last year he had but a discretional leave to remain and i have been refused visitor visa 5 times while trying to even visit him on grounds that I wouldn't return after visa expires. So one can imagine what am going through right now. God is our strength

Courage to all still waiting. Will update once passport is received
Hi all,

Last updated
I have collected my passport this morning and visa is granted.

Thanks to all in this forum. Your contributions kept me going throughout the waiting period.
I wish every one still waiting to get their visa and join their spouse.
God bless you all
Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Fashon is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Siyami;12470273]
Originally Posted by Siyami

Hi all,

Last updated
I have collected my passport this morning and visa is granted.

Thanks to all in this forum. Your contributions kept me going throughout the waiting period.
I wish every one still waiting to get their visa and join their spouse.
God bless you all
Congratulations my dear all the best.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Pkbxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anybody on a spouse visa allowed a NHS Maternity Exemption Certificate if they are pregnant?
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

I’m Andrea I would like you to help me with 2 questions... hope you can do it!

This is my case: Always that I apply for a UK visitor visa through VFS GLOBAL the British embassy in Bogotá send me 3 emails.

1st one says they recieve my documents.

2nd one says that an officer is checking my case.

3rd one is to deliver my passport to my home through DHL.

BUT now that they are sending ALL spouse visas to Sheffield I recieved an email that says “your visa now is in consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer...I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF...you recieve an email again form Sheffield office? or from VFS global? or the British embassy from the country you applied from?

I’m asking this because on the email says “A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready”... I’m a little bit confuse so I would appreciate if any of you that already received an answer knows from where will come the further email ?

Do you know if the women that applied for spouse visa this year are receiving delays emails?

(Hope you understand my bad English LOL)

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pkbxi
Is anybody on a spouse visa allowed a NHS Maternity Exemption Certificate if they are pregnant?
Originally Posted by AnnF
Hi there!

I’m Andrea I would like you to help me with 2 questions... hope you can do it!

This is my case: Always that I apply for a UK visitor visa through VFS GLOBAL the British embassy in Bogotá send me 3 emails.

1st one says they recieve my documents.

2nd one says that an officer is checking my case.

3rd one is to deliver my passport to my home through DHL.

BUT now that they are sending ALL spouse visas to Sheffield I recieved an email that says “your visa now is in consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer...I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF...you recieve an email again form Sheffield office? or from VFS global? or the British embassy from the country you applied from?

I’m asking this because on the email says “A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready”... I’m a little bit confuse so I would appreciate if any of you that already received an answer knows from where will come the further email ?

Do you know if the women that applied for spouse visa this year are receiving delays emails?

(Hope you understand my bad English LOL)

Thank you in advance!
Hi, this thread is really just for chat rather than specific questions.

Please do start new threads with your questions and I’m sure people will be happy to help.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fashon
Congratulations my dear all the best.
Thanks dear, don't worry fashion. Your time will come. I believe your next application would be successful

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 27th 2018 at 6:12 am. Reason: Sorting out quotes
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Warbex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys good news from me, finally got my passport back today and it’s a big fat YES! Although it took 60 working days for a priority application, we are still so happy that we’ve got it now! Just wanna say a huge thanks to everyone on this forum that keeps supporting each other to get through this hard and horrible waiting time. Those who are still waiting, stay positive and it will come in the end! Thank you all again
Old Mar 27th 2018, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Warbex
Hi guys good news from me, finally got my passport back today and it’s a big fat YES! Although it took 60 working days for a priority application, we are still so happy that we’ve got it now! Just wanna say a huge thanks to everyone on this forum that keeps supporting each other to get through this hard and horrible waiting time. Those who are still waiting, stay positive and it will come in the end! Thank you all again
Waaoow congratulations my dear. I know u are over the moon and back as I did yesterday when I received my passport and saw the fattest and biggest yes.

Every one in this forum has been of great support to one another.

Wish you all the best as you join your spouse. We pray all those still waiting to have smiles on their faces soonest. Our Lord is good all the time and all the time our Lord is good
Old Mar 27th 2018, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Larry_blac is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be very grateful to get help here.

I submitted a settlement visa application since 15th of February - but I just realised that there might be need to include more proof of relationship - as I just heard of someone who got rejected on this basis.

Can I still send this supporting documents to the Sheffield office and how can I get this done.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

veryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkbxi
Yes! I was on a spouse visa, had my baby there, had my Maternity exemption card as well. Its part of the universal health services, you are also allowed statutory maternity pay unless you have never payed any taxes, might as well check!
Old Mar 28th 2018, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

veryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I have now been separated for 8 months... we had to first submit the application for my son's passport, granted after 10 weeks of waiting..... I have 2 children who are british Citizens, my husband who is a full British citizen... submited visa in January..... i am really starting to loose hope... struggling to overcome this lurking depression.... a situation where there are children involved,., their SLA should be shorter... it feels like a breach of human rights... the rights of both children and parents to be together... I don't know how put a smily face ion front of my children anymore, saying, we will soon be together again.....
Old Mar 30th 2018, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veryan
I have now been separated for 8 months... we had to first submit the application for my son's passport, granted after 10 weeks of waiting..... I have 2 children who are british Citizens, my husband who is a full British citizen... submited visa in January..... i am really starting to loose hope... struggling to overcome this lurking depression.... a situation where there are children involved,., their SLA should be shorter... it feels like a breach of human rights... the rights of both children and parents to be together... I don't know how put a smily face ion front of my children anymore, saying, we will soon be together again.....
Can you're husband and children not live in your home country?
Old Apr 5th 2018, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

roybass1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by roybass1990
Hello I'm new here.
Applied for my wife's visa (priority) and she did the biometrics on 5 Mar.
Docs arrived at UKVI on 8 Mar.

But I only just realised my bank statements were not stamped on every page. Instead the staff at the branch only stamped on the first page of each month's statement.
Has anyone experienced something like this?
I have got the bank statements printed out again and requested the bank to stamp on EVERY PAGE this time and already sent them to UKVI again with a cover letter explaining this. Would they accept this?

I'm so worried that I am starting to feel sick. :'(
Update:
Received all the docs including the copies back
EXCEPT for the bank statements I sent over again later on

Does that mean they didn't take a look at it?
Old Apr 11th 2018, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

tidal is an unknown quantity at this point

Today is working day 60 of my priority spouse visa application (biometrics done on Jan 15, documents received Jan 16). I received the usual "your application is not straightforward" email March 15th, and have heard nothing since.

I'm wondering what everyone's experience is with contacting the call center to escalate cases. They say that this can take up to 15 working days to process, is this seemingly always the case?
Are there any instances of a priority visa actually taking more than ~60 working days (is it possible that it could go up to the maximum 120 days)? I haven't seen any that took more than 65-66 working days in the timelines.

I'm getting anxious about it at this point, but I really don't know that contacting them is the best course of action, or if that could possibly just slow things down more.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Tabi85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roybass1990
Update:
Received all the docs including the copies back
EXCEPT for the bank statements I sent over again later on

Does that mean they didn't take a look at it?
Don't worry. I didn't stamp every paper of bank statement. My visa is approved. Today I get pasport.
Good luck everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.