Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jun 15th 2018, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Cristallina96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Dreamy31

I think you should call back the U.K. visa and immigration contact centre tomorrow and enquiry about it, ask them what is going on, a decision is made and your spouse still hasn’t receive a email,call or text. Also get your hubby to ring VFS in Kingston and enquiry about it also. Never stop chasing them until you get it. Try and contact your mp tomorrow explain situation and that a decision as been made and still hasn’t receive back your hubby passport.

Hey, I took your advice yesterday and called the UKVI number again for the third time and was told “I can confirm the Decison has been made but i don’t know why you still haven’t received an email, but I will escalate your case to the relevant department and you should receive an email shortly” they just sound so cold on the phone especially when you ask if they can tell you anything, they say they can’t. I just bursted into tears after the phone call. My husband tried to call the VFS Kingston and they said they can’t help but gave him an email which i sent an email to and got an automatic reply telling me to call the same email and number of UKVI. It’s like we are literally stuck! Today is now working day 43 since biometrics and we applied with priority, decision was made on working day 33 1st June and was told to wait 10 working days from that date and now today is 11 working days and still nothing, this is another week of nothing and I’m scared next week will be another week of no email no text no phone call just worry and stress, my baby is due to be born next week and i feel so down because of this visa waiting time and the not knowing
Old Jun 15th 2018, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Dreamy31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cristallina96

Hey, I took your advice yesterday and called the UKVI number again for the third time and was told “I can confirm the Decison has been made but i don’t know why you still haven’t received an email, but I will escalate your case to the relevant department and you should receive an email shortly” they just sound so cold on the phone especially when you ask if they can tell you anything, they say they can’t. I just bursted into tears after the phone call. My husband tried to call the VFS Kingston and they said they can’t help but gave him an email which i sent an email to and got an automatic reply telling me to call the same email and number of UKVI. It’s like we are literally stuck! Today is now working day 43 since biometrics and we applied with priority, decision was made on working day 33 1st June and was told to wait 10 working days from that date and now today is 11 working days and still nothing, this is another week of nothing and I’m scared next week will be another week of no email no text no phone call just worry and stress, my baby is due to be born next week and i feel so down because of this visa waiting time and the not knowing

Awww please be strong, contact your mp on Monday without a fail,they have a special telephone line that mp calls. Give your mp all the information especially that a decision as been made so your mp will mostly likely to help you get your hubby passport. Make a complaint aswel to ukvi complaint department and also email the ombudsman they are really good, they will contact ukvi on your behalf. It’s been 32 working days since I’m waiting and we also done priority, and it’s very stressful thing to go through especially when you pay for priority. I escalated my case 3 times between Monday and Wednesday, I rang them today and it’s still saying awaiting decision. If I don’t received anything by next week I going to contact ombudsman,and my mp. You can email vfs global their email address is [email protected] they will be able to help u and contact ukvi on your behalf aswel. Hope your hear from them soon.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dreamy,

Do you know anyone who has used the ombudsman service in the past? Because i am also thinking to gl through them as i have been waiting 75 working days now with them just telling me awaiting decision.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs Rose
Hi Dreamy,

Do you know anyone who has used the ombudsman service in the past? Because i am also thinking to gl through them as i have been waiting 75 working days now with them just telling me awaiting decision.

I have used them in the past for immigration issues and they were really good within days homeoffice get back to me. Also they can ask homeoffice to compensate you if this as cause distress. What is your timeline if you don’t mind me asking?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

I have used them in the past for immigration issues and they were really good within days homeoffice get back to me. Also they can ask homeoffice to compensate you if this as cause distress. What is your timeline if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks for your reply.
Thats good news. So my timeline is: applied on Feb 27th 2018 online, biometrics march 2nd 2018 Kingston Jamaica, march 6 documents received, march 8 eco assigned, non straightforward email may 29th at 57bd, they requested extra documents which was already sent initially but resent as they asked on May 30th. Since then it’s been constant phone calls and emails to chase where they are with the application. They did reply June 12th to say the extra documents have been received and they are making a decision as soon as possible. But we don’t know when that is. Our travel date was on June 4. Now that has passed, we don’t know what to do or where to turn.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.
Thats good news. So my timeline is: applied on Feb 27th 2018 online, biometrics march 2nd 2018 Kingston Jamaica, march 6 documents received, march 8 eco assigned, non straightforward email may 29th at 57bd, they requested extra documents which was already sent initially but resent as they asked on May 30th. Since then it’s been constant phone calls and emails to chase where they are with the application. They did reply June 12th to say the extra documents have been received and they are making a decision as soon as possible. But we don’t know when that is. Our travel date was on June 4. Now that has passed, we don’t know what to do or where to turn.
once they sent a email requesting extra documents that means eco will be making decision in the next couple days. Within now and next week you should get a decision. My hubby also applied from Jamaica his biometric was taken on the 30/04/18 on the 12/06/18 I received email saying application is at the final stages I will get a decision as soon as possible. By the grace of God we hear something next week.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

once they sent a email requesting extra documents that means eco will be making decision in the next couple days. Within now and next week you should get a decision. My hubby also applied from Jamaica his biometric was taken on the 30/04/18 on the 12/06/18 I received email saying application is at the final stages I will get a decision as soon as possible. By the grace of God we hear something next week.
i really do hope so. By the grace of God i hope we hear something next week or else I might have to look into complaining. As I can’t see why it’s taking them this long with minimal communication with applicants. Do they only send emails on certain days? Do you know how their system works?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

i really do hope so. By the grace of God i hope we hear something next week or else I might have to look into complaining. As I can’t see why it’s taking them this long with minimal communication with applicants. Do they only send emails on certain days? Do you know how their system works?
you can contact them Monday to Friday but they sent out emails Monday to Sunday. I have seen people received emails on a Sunday which was shocking as I never thought they sent email out on sundays but yes they do sent emails on Saturday and sundays too. So fingers cross.
Apparently ukvi states they deal with application in biometric order.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point

I just sent a complain email to Home Office.

I looked the ombudsman service, it asks you must complain the organisation first, before you make a complain to the ombudsman.

​​​​​​​Thanks a lot for the information.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

HI Cristallina96
I was hoping to see you would post some good news today about the passport.
I really understand your feeling and the situation, hug you.I was pregnant and my due day was the 9th of May, I hoped my husband's application would be processed before it. But until today we are still waiting for the decision to be made.Hope your husband will be here when you go to the hospital.Good luck!
Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dannigao
I just sent a complain email to Home Office.

I looked the ombudsman service, it asks you must complain the organisation first, before you make a complain to the ombudsman.

Thanks a lot for the information.
How long have u been waiting for if you don’t mind me asking ?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dreamy31
Today is 117 working days since the biometrics submitted on the 28th December 2017.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Awww please be strong, contact your mp on Monday without a fail,they have a special telephone line that mp calls. Give your mp all the information especially that a decision as been made so your mp will mostly likely to help you get your hubby passport. Make a complaint aswel to ukvi complaint department and also email the ombudsman they are really good, they will contact ukvi on your behalf. It’s been 32 working days since I’m waiting and we also done priority, and it’s very stressful thing to go through especially when you pay for priority. I escalated my case 3 times between Monday and Wednesday, I rang them today and it’s still saying awaiting decision. If I don’t received anything by next week I going to contact ombudsman,and my mp. You can email vfs global their email address is [email protected] they will be able to help u and contact ukvi on your behalf aswel. Hope your hear from them soon.
thank you sooooo much. I sent an email to the email you mentioned above. On Monday I will definitely call UKVI again. I have a lawyer that helped me with the application process aswell and I’m wondering if I should email her and ask her if she can do anything to help. What is like to call M.P.? Do they really help you if your struggling with a delay with getting your passport/visa back?

I really hope everything works out for you too, every night I pray about my case and for everyone else still waiting like me. It’s unbelievable we pay so much money and this is the slow service we get, on top of that we don’t get to find out much information about what is happening to our case when we call Keep your fingers crossed, we must all stay positive and have hope xx
Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

HI Cristallina96
I was hoping to see you would post some good news today about the passport.
I really understand your feeling and the situation, hug you.I was pregnant and my due day was the 9th of May, I hoped my husband's application would be processed before it. But until today we are still waiting for the decision to be made.Hope your husband will be here when you go to the hospital.Good luck!
Your story is so similar to mine, being pregnant and the hope of having your husband with you makes the stress and worry worse. I feel so bad that You have been alone so long and are still waiting. I seriously don’t understand why they take so long, it’s like they forget we are human beings and are lives are literally on hold because we are waiting for a simple Decison or a simple email, it’s so unfair Stay strong and stay positive, I will pray you get your Decison soon x
Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dreamy31
Today is 117 working days since the biometrics submitted on the 28th December 2017.

Wow! Isit non priority? But then again if it is still don’t get why they took so long. Have u contacted your mp? I think u will get a good feedback from the ombudsman because u are waiting too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.