Reload this Page >

What language do they speak,it aint English

What language do they speak,it aint English

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

ctcrm will become famous soon enoughctcrm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What language do they speak,it aint English

nothing to do with language but....

on my first drive into the city i was trying to navigate by means of satnav and landmarks during the morning rush-hour constantly trying to get in the right lane etc etc when some miserable old fart in an unmarked emergency vehicle suv type thing shouted at me for not using my indicators, "give us a break, ive only been here a day" I said... I think he was a fireman ??

its not only the language that is hard to understand.... the roads are pretty tough too !
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You omit in your above quote your most unkind comment about Canadian grammar which you managed to spell incorrectly along with numerous other misspelled words and you called North Americans/Canadians "uncouth yobs".

And you have the nerve to call those that attacked you narrow minded?

Perhaps had you been a little less sanctimonious in your original thread people wouldn't have jumped all over you.
The ' Uncouth yobs; jibe was aimed at the President and Prime Minister not all N.Americans,,,

Oh and Lorna thanks for trying to defend me
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:32 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
The ' Uncouth yobs; jibe was aimed at the President and Prime Minister not all N.Americans,,,
Have you ever heard the expression "if you're in a hole, stop digging"?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:37 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

our langauge
So Language is a commodity that can be owned now? Not to mention that as Austrian I have probably more right to claim that it is "my" language than you can. Simply based on the fact that we are next to Germany and English is the descendant of a West Germanic language that originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects brought to Britain by Germanic settlers.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retsujou
So Language is a commodity that can be owned now? Not to mention that as Austrian I have probably more right to claim that it is "my" language than you can. Simply based on the fact that we are next to Germany and English is the descendant of a West Germanic language that originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects brought to Britain by Germanic settlers.
Mit ein wichtige Zumischung von Lateinisch, Griesisch und Franzoescich Kumpel.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Sep 23rd 2008 at 2:43 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have a go at ethnic expressions used by the unhyphenated, expressions in the manner of "kitty corner"

"Get a ladder" with an implied "and get over it".

"Give your head a shake" meaning "I say old chap that can't be quite right".
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'll have a go at ethnic expressions used by the unhyphenated, expressions in the manner of "kitty corner"

"Get a ladder" with an implied "and get over it".

"Give your head a shake" meaning "I say old chap that can't be quite right".
Well at least 1 person got the idea of this thread thanks for those 2 gems
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least 1 person got the idea of this thread thanks for those 2 gems
They also say "perfect" a lot. Meaning "good, thanks very much". eg

"I can drive you over to pick up your car"

"Perfect"
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:00 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Shop Assistant: "Hi there, can I help you?"

Me: "No thanks, I'm just having a look."

Shop Assistant: "Awesome!"
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:14 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Random BC words/sayings:

Wack
Randomness
Awesome
Solid
Rad
Trippy
Cool
Zoned out
Arrright

etc.

R.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Random BC words/sayings:

Wack
Randomness
Awesome
Solid
Rad
Trippy
Cool
Zoned out
Arrright

etc.

R.

Wannabe Californians, innit?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:55 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Wannabe Californians, innit?

Nah IMHO I'd BC is the real deal, the Californicators are the plastic fantastics.

BC: just like the 70's.

R.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:04 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Nah IMHO I'd BC is the real deal, the Californicators are the plastic fantastics.

BC: just like the 70's.

R.
Oh, dear. Well past it's best before date, then?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:08 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh, dear. Well past it's best before date, then?
Ooh look here's a sophisticate.

R.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Gremmies (Graham's) spelling as entertained us no end in the Trucking section for the last 12 months , I even provided a link to Google spell checker many months ago , But we have all given up now and accept his posts for what they are , Mostly accurate and informative but always amusing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.