Tim Hortons

Old May 30th 2004, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey, some of you guys are almost hostile.

Obviously I'm going to have to be careful when talking about doughnuts once I arrive.

Thanks for the coment about the neon sign, I'll keep a look out.

By the way, I haven't had a doughnut in over 10 years, I live in Hong Kong and we don't have them here, I'm hoping to make up for lost time.

See you all at Weight Watchers.
Old May 30th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

I like coffee and I like donuts. But I don't think Tim Hortons is the best for either. All right if you're on the road.
Old May 30th 2004, 3:05 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
I like coffee and I like donuts. But I don't think Tim Hortons is the best for either. All right if you're on the road.
Okay then, who's the best?
Old May 30th 2004, 3:07 pm
mickj

That is true, if you are on the road, and you crave a doughnut, pop into Timmy Ho and get a blueberry fritter or a venetian dutchie with a french vanilla cappucino.

To chillout at home and have it, find the nearest krispe creme store, nice and hot, just make sure you have a "devils food" ( the dark one )

Old May 30th 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

In Calgary I would go to Krispy Kreme for coffee and donuts, or any number of other local places.

Tim Hortons' strength is that it is like McDonalds - it sells a consistent product everywhere you might find yourself. But McDonalds probably doesn't sell the best burger in town and Tim Hortons probably doesn't do the best donuts and coffee.

I don't have a downer on Tim Hortons it serves its purpose in the world like McDonalds does. I just can't understand why it has such a cult following.
Old May 30th 2004, 3:22 pm
mickj

As someone that has driven quite a bit round ontario and outside of it, me and my better half have decided the worst mcdonald burger we ever had was in Cambridge Ontario, and the same goes for fish and chips.

If i have to have a burger now, i just go to burger king or A &W. Most of timmy ho's patrons though, are the old folks that enjoy sitting in there to have a chat.

Old May 30th 2004, 3:28 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

In Calgary I would go to Krispy Kreme for coffee and donuts, or any number of other local places.

Tim Hortons' strength is that it is like McDonalds - it sells a consistent product everywhere you might find yourself. But McDonalds probably doesn't sell the best burger in town and Tim Hortons probably doesn't do the best donuts and coffee.

I don't have a downer on Tim Hortons it serves its purpose in the world like McDonalds does. I just can't understand why it has such a cult following.
I saw Tim Hortons grow from a small company into part of the giant Wendy's corporation. Tim Hortons has always been extremely popular with the blue collar worker. For them, it's a great way to start the day. If TH's prices were low, it would have attracted a large following of blue collar workers. I was never much of a patron. I don't care for coffee and I didn't want to supersize myself on doughnuts.
Old May 30th 2004, 10:46 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sean Boxer

produced by a little machine that fires a hoop of dough into molten fat/lard/oil (I'm not sure, probably oil), then the aforementioned carnie pokes them with a wooden stick onto a small metal conveyorbelt that takes them out of the fat, plonking them down on a bed of sugar, rolls them around a bit, puts 4 or 6 in a brown paper bag and charges you 20p (it's probably gone up since my last time).
My mouth is watering now. Hot, freshly fried donuts beat baked, glazed and generally buggered around with every time for me (even Krsipy Kreme) :-)
Old May 31st 2004, 1:05 am
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by acer rose
My mouth is watering now. Hot, freshly fried donuts beat baked, glazed and generally buggered around with every time for me (even Krsipy Kreme) :-)
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

I thought I was going mad for a while there. You can't beat a PURE doughnut.

Right, you're my best mate now.
Old May 31st 2004, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ed_and_Karen is on a distinguished road

Arrived in Canada in April. My first experience of a Tim Horton's. The vanilla cappuccino is just sooooo nice !.. and as for the doughnts and timbits.... Well, I need some larger trousers already!
Old May 31st 2004, 11:47 pm
mickj

If you are talking about the french vanilla cappucino, all i can say is "TOLDJA" Once again, try the bluerry fritters or the venetian dutchies

Originally posted by Ed_and_Karen
Arrived in Canada in April. My first experience of a Tim Horton's. The vanilla cappuccino is just sooooo nice !.. and as for the doughnts and timbits.... Well, I need some larger trousers already!

Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future
Talking

TIMMY HO, thanks for giving me a good giggle, never heard it called that before!!!!! Sounds Chinese or something!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:32 pm
mickj

Never?....If you've spent a lot of time in Toronto like i have, then you might have heard it. I bet you've never heard the howard johnson hotel being refered to as the "HO JO"?

A "ho" as you might know, in the states is a lady of the night ! If you live in the "boonies" in canada, obviously you won't have heard all these terms. How many chinese people do you know called Timmy? Exactly !

Am sure you've never heard of Toronto being called TO? Maybe its just a generation thing, the old folks that go and sit in there, will call it Timmys of course.

Originally posted by Interested
TIMMY HO, thanks for giving me a good giggle, never heard it called that before!!!!! Sounds Chinese or something!

Last edited by mickj; Jun 2nd 2004 at 12:07 am.

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 4:51 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

(I am sure this says I am logged in as Manc.. and I'm not but I forget my stupid password when I am at home)

I loved the Mocha at Tim Hortons! All weekend that is all I wanted. The ones from Starbucks and the other places.. blech! I want a Tim Horton's in my town.. and NOW!

MisBish
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 6:31 am
I am the other man....

port7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got into the 'apple cider' when I was over last, and the in-laws who we took over loved Hortons in general. So much that the father in-law brought an empty TH cup home!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.