Tim Hortons

Old May 27th 2004, 12:59 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tim Hortons

D@*m I miss Tim Hortons!

I have to get this PR sorted out!
Old May 27th 2004, 1:06 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim Hortons

Originally posted by Sukhi
D@*m I miss Tim Hortons!

I have to get this PR sorted out!
Is it the coffee or the donuts you miss, or just the prospect of being "pummelled with timbits"

I read somewhere that there was one in London somewhere, but it could be an urban myth.

Iain
Old May 27th 2004, 1:11 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by iaink
Is it the coffee or the donuts you miss, or just the prospect of being "pummelled with timbits"

I read somewhere that there was one in London somewhere, but it could be an urban myth.

Iain
definately the doughnuts, the missus started calling me Homer after a few days as any attempt to eat out ended at tim hortons!

In London? This I have to check! Thanks
Old May 27th 2004, 1:35 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

definately the doughnuts, the missus started calling me Homer after a few days as any attempt to eat out ended at tim hortons!

Ive a nasty feeling that even if there is one, it will be a pale immitation of the real deal...Rather like the labatt "Blue" I was unfortunate enough to try on my last visit

Iain
Old May 27th 2004, 1:47 am

Originally posted by iaink
Ive a nasty feeling that even if there is one, it will be a pale immitation of the real deal...Rather like the labatt "Blue" I was unfortunate enough to try on my last visit

Iain
You're so right, its the way of theworld!. Tried the old web pages, but all I got was that TH was float on the London stock Exchange so no luck there.

Never mind, I shall wait with anticipation until I am over there(hopeful the beer gut will have gone down by then LOL!!)

Thanks Iain
Old May 27th 2004, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't is a little overrated?

I sometimes go there and the iced cappuccino is nice, but the 'atmposphere' isn't so good, especially the one south of the Eaton Centre, just go a few blocks across and there is a nice one in Bay but still a drunk managed to fall over the other week

Probably around 50% of the time I have been in there (different ones across Toronto), there has been some kind of problem.

I actually prefer Starbucks, I'm not a snob but every time I visit somewhere I always try to go to one and get a city mug.

Just my opinion.
Old May 27th 2004, 1:55 am

Originally posted by babsi
Isn't is a little overrated?

I sometimes go there and the iced cappuccino is nice, but the 'atmposphere' isn't so good, especially the one south of the Eaton Centre, just go a few blocks across and there is a nice one in Bay but still a drunk managed to fall over the other week

Probably around 50% of the time I have been in there (different ones across Toronto), there has been some kind of problem.

I actually prefer Starbucks, I'm not a snob but every time I visit somewhere I always try to go to one and get a city mug.

Just my opinion.
but Marge, you don't understand!! the donuts, the donuts...arggggle
Old May 27th 2004, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer Krispy Kreme
Old May 27th 2004, 2:04 am
mickj

Sukhi,

There being one in London, is just a load of bollocks, if there is one there, i would have known about it, as i know every nook and crannies there is to know about london.

Anyway...Did you try the blueberry fritters or the dutchies? Those are our favourites, along with the french vanilla capp. Summer usually sees the arrival of the iced capps, i must say i won everything on the rollllllll up the rim, except the car, plasma screen and other big prices.

I have never understood the idea of sitting in there and having your Timmy Ho, its usually the old folks sitting there having a chat about nothing really.

Williams is a good one to chillout in, if you must sit in there. Was in port dover over the weekend, had my best timmy ho in canada so far :-)

Old May 27th 2004, 2:04 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

I prefer Krispy Kreme
BLASPHEMER!!! dont let immigration find out!

Actually, I've never met a donut I didnt like, but I'm still looking

Iain
Old May 27th 2004, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Iced Cap's are all year round, as I had a few over winter, but one place in particular and I will name them (Bay and Bloor) like to make out there machine isn't working over winter

Krispy Kreme and Starbucks I am very bad then
Old May 27th 2004, 2:12 am

I prefer Krispy Kreme

what! you mean Tim Hortons arn't the only donut manufacters? Therte is a GOD!!!
Old May 27th 2004, 2:19 am
mickj

No....they are not Sukhi, so much for your fact-finding mission then :-) Krispie creme are alright, and queues have been known to go round the block in some parts of the country, which explains the size of people really :-(

My favourite from there, are the dark ones, especially "devils food", you have to try that one.

There is also your roadside shops like bakers dozen donuts and all that. That is the least of your worries though if you do take the plunge to come over here.

Think about this one "CANADIAN EXPERIENCE" :-)

what! you mean Tim Hortons arn't the only donut manufacters? Therte is a GOD!!!

Old May 27th 2004, 2:21 am

you mean eating donuts isn't enough?
Old May 27th 2004, 2:28 am
mickj

Not even saying "pardon me" and "eh" is enough.

you mean eating donuts isn't enough?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.