Tim Hortons

Old May 27th 2004, 3:25 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tim Hortons

I love a good donut...

timmy's wasnt always my favourite though.. donut world at vic park and pharmacy in scarborough used to impress me...

but then..

I had a Krispy Kreme..

it's true, I love these donuts!!

but you cant have more then 3 in a row, you will feel icky

now Timmys has come up with meal deals that I can sink my teeth into.. their sammys are good, the soup in a bowl in winter fills the bill..

and the apple fritters.. yum
Old May 27th 2004, 3:25 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by iaink
BLASPHEMER!!! dont let immigration find out!

Actually, I've never met a donut I didnt like, but I'm still looking

Iain
For a few years now, Tim Hortons has been owned by Wendy's - a US corporation as you know.

Tim Hortons was started in the 1960s by a Canadian hockey player who played defense for the Toronto Maple Leafs. His name was Tim Horton - surprise. Mr. Horton was killed in a car accident when he lost control of his sports car when he was being chased by the police because he was speeding. If I remember correctly, he hit a patch of ice when he was going over 100 mph and lost control of his car.

History:

http://collections.ic.gc.ca/wentworth/timhorto.htm
Old May 27th 2004, 3:32 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by oceanMDX
For a few years now, Tim Hortons has been owned by Wendy's - a US corporation as you know.

Tim Hortons was started in the 1960s by a Canadian hockey player who played defense for the Toronto Maple Leafs. His name was Tim Horton - surprise. Mr. Horton was killed in a car accident when he lost control of his sports car when he was being chased by the police because he was speeding. If I remember correctly, he hit a patch of ice when he was going over 100 mph and lost control of his car.

History:

http://collections.ic.gc.ca/wentworth/timhorto.htm

Better keep away from his Ice Donuts then:scared:
Old May 27th 2004, 3:38 am
mickj

Default Re: Tim Hortons

Was that a poem?

Originally posted by souls canuck
I love a good donut...

timmy's wasnt always my favourite though.. donut world at vic park and pharmacy in scarborough used to impress me...

but then..

I had a Krispy Kreme..

it's true, I love these donuts!!

but you cant have more then 3 in a row, you will feel icky

now Timmys has come up with meal deals that I can sink my teeth into.. their sammys are good, the soup in a bowl in winter fills the bill..

and the apple fritters.. yum

Old May 27th 2004, 3:44 am
mickj

And speed, go a 100 in an 80 zone, and you are paying $100, and it clims from there on. You always get a wendy's and a timmy ho in the same place here and there.

He must have thought they were after his donuts i guess, what a price to pay :-)

Originally posted by Sukhi
Better keep away from his Ice Donuts then:scared:

Old May 27th 2004, 3:57 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by mickj
And speed, go a 100 in an 80 zone, and you are paying $100, and it clims from there on. You always get a wendy's and a timmy ho in the same place here and there.

He must have thought they were after his donuts i guess, what a price to pay :-)
Yes, maybe the police wanted to ask him for a discount on his doughnuts.

Did you know that the police get to eat for free at Tim Hortons? I was told that they do! This explains why it's a hangout for cops on their break.

Only the dumbest robber in Canada would try to holdup a Tim Hortons because a cop could show up at any moment. And that explains why TH has this policy for the police.

By the way, Tim Horton wasn't driving 100 kph, he was driving over 100 miles per hour when he crashed.

:lecture:

Last edited by oceanMDX; May 27th 2004 at 4:13 am.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:11 am
mickj

You've broke the restraining order !

Did you know that the police get to eat for free at Tim Hortons? I was told that they do! This explains why it's a hangout for cops on their break.

Only the dumbest robber in Canada would try to holdup a Tim Hortons because a cop could show up at any moment. And that explains why TH has this policy for the police.

Old May 27th 2004, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Cheeky Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, Tim Horton wasn't driving 100 kph, he was driving over 100 miles per hour when he crashed.

A friend of mine has an aunt who owns a cafe on Vancouver Island. She has a 'cop button' on her till which discounts the price automatically.
Apparently she speeds like a demon but hasn't had a ticket in years - wink wink!
Old May 27th 2004, 4:27 am
mickj

Am sure there is a whole lot more going on there than that, just look at the toronto police and the state they are in at the moment !

Originally posted by Cheeky Mouse
A friend of mine has an aunt who owns a cafe on Vancouver Island. She has a 'cop button' on her till which discounts the price automatically.
Apparently she speeds like a demon but hasn't had a ticket in years - wink wink!
Attached Thumbnails Tim Hortons-outdoor.gif  

Old May 27th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

A tip for travelling in Canada is that you know you're in civilization when there's a

1) Royal Canadian Legion

2) Tim Horton's

and if you want to live in a secure neighbourhood then get a place near a Tim Horton's.
Old May 27th 2004, 6:55 am
mickj

I guess that lives your neck of the woods out then :-) You lot have to go all the way to quinte mall just for that, and little texas is as exquisite as they come, ponderosa eat your heart out :-)

Oh.....whilst you are at it, tell whoever is in charge of that tourist information centre, to open it on weekends for, guess it "the tourists", everywhere else does !

Originally posted by flashman
A tip for travelling in Canada is that you know you're in civilization when there's a

1) Royal Canadian Legion

2) Tim Horton's

and if you want to live in a secure neighbourhood then get a place near a Tim Horton's.

Old May 27th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

we've heard around here that they are trying to prevent the cops from going into tims here. dont ask me why and i dont know how far true it is.
Old May 27th 2004, 9:13 am
mickj

Why, and how far true :-) I can think of one good reason, they are getting fatter and can't keep up with the criminals, or they keep failing their physical test !

Originally posted by ukjo
we've heard around here that they are trying to prevent the cops from going into tims here. dont ask me why and i dont know how far true it is.

Old May 27th 2004, 9:36 am
mañana is my busiest day

Originally posted by ukjo
I think most convenience stores (or the sort), Starbucks, Tim Hortons, and others like them would want police around because it dissuades robberies. Convenience store holdups are a problem in Canada. Only a very stupid robber would ever consider walking into a Tim Hortons to rob it because the police could show up at any time. That's why I think they give the police preferential treatment.
Old May 27th 2004, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mickj
Why, and how far true :-) I can think of one good reason, they are getting fatter and can't keep up with the criminals, or they keep failing their physical test !

it doesnt stop them from meeting up at every convenient meeting spot to stuff a few doughnuts down their necks though. actually discovered one last year in an even more dodgy situation and it wasnt doughnuts she had in her mouth then!lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.