Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

RM/ RN and SCPHN NNAS accessment!

RM/ RN and SCPHN NNAS accessment!

Old Sep 1st 2020, 9:38 am
Just Joined

JoTcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RM/ RN and SCPHN NNAS accessment!

Hiya,

I have applied to the NNAS to assess my RM and SCPHN degrees. Just wondering if there are any RN/RM that also completed the SCPHN, did u have to complete a bridging course? And if you didn't how where you able to avoid this e.g. what type of experience helped you prove your degrees where comparable?

Also did anyone apply to both WES & NNAS?

Also as a direct entry midwife did you apply for the NNAS assessment via the RN context?

Last edited by JoTcanada; Sep 1st 2020 at 9:48 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 5:38 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RM/ RN and SCPHN NNAS accessment!

Hello and welcome to BE

There's a few threads from this year about nursing you may find of use

Qualifications transferable?
British Nurses & Automotive Advice!
UK Nurse - looking for help with EE or PNP!
UK nurse moving to Canada
Any nurses out there to give me some info?
UK Adult Trained RN - Timeline and Costs for Information Only

We have a lovely wiki section on nursing > https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Nursing-Canada
We also have a sub forum for Nursing that has some posts that may be helpful https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurs...ccupations-72/

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 3rd 2020 at 5:42 am.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RM/ RN and SCPHN NNAS accessment!

Hello,
I’m an RGN /SCPHN who had to complete a Bridging Program here in Alberta. I applied to CARNA (pre NNAS) in late 2013. I had a choice of flying to Vancouver to do an OSCE or do the BCN Program (full time 10 months).
That program is still running in Calgary (twice a year I think, roughly 60 nurses per intake). I completed the program in June 2015.
I don’t work in public health now and had to work bedside as a Casual nurse to get my foot in the door at the start. Midwifery is fairly new here and they tend to work independently here in Calgary but have admitting rights to hospitals for when their patients deliver. RN’s work in labor and delivery here (it’s different! ) and it’s probably different in each province.
if you have any further questions please ask.

Regards,

Laois