Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

UK Nurse - looking for help with EE or PNP!

UK Nurse - looking for help with EE or PNP!

Old May 14th 2020, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Nurse - looking for help with EE or PNP!

Hi everyone!

I'm posting this on behalf of my brother who does not use these kind of boards and I'm not looking for help with the licensing part of nursing, just the steps to apply to immigrate if anyone is able to give any advice!

Basically, he has been trying to figure out a way to permanently move to BC but the government websites are really confusing.
It looks like his NOC is there, but unsure what he needs to do first in order to put in an application for EE.
Is anyone able to give me a list of what steps he needs to take before he can apply for EE? (i.e. 1. IELTS first etc). Is it best to try to get nominated by the Province? I've tried to make sense of it all myself as I emigrated to Vancouver myself 9 years ago but it seems to have changed a lot!

Thanks for any advice!

Old May 15th 2020, 3:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Nurse - looking for help with EE or PNP!

Hello and welcome to BE!

His easiest route will be Express Entry https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html

Old May 15th 2020, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Also needs to head to the BC college of Nurses as that is the provincial nursing board and there is a process for applications trained outside Canada. Process is long and expensive and may result in additional courses
Old May 15th 2020, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

For reference, this is a good thread about the process + timelines + cost

UK Adult Trained RN - Timeline and Costs for Information Only
Old May 24th 2020, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, very helpful information!

I am also a nurse here in Vancouver and went through the registration process in 2011 and remember how awful it was!

In relation to Express Entry, his CRS appears to only be around 440 which doesn't seem to be enough points for an invite.
He has good points for his age, education, language etc so I'm assuming the only way he can improve on this is to get nomination from BC.

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to go about this? I really can't seem to get my head around the BC PNP!

Thanks all