Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it REALLY much better????

Is it REALLY much better????

Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is it REALLY much better????

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Minimum price per unit will have hardly any effect in the UK.
Agreed. Premium beers, good wine and spirits etc will hardly change in price. It's the rocket fuel that's cheaper than Cola which will be affected. How much of an influence it will have on consumption is another question.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:07 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Personally I like the fact booze is more expensive and harder to get here, I'm sure it's why there is less vandalism here, but yes that is a tax.
Nope, it's because more youngsters are off their faces on drugs in Canada so they're a little more lethargic
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:13 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you have a good job or pension or you may have to ride round on a bicycle and collect beer bottles for a living.
Attached Thumbnails Is it REALLY much better????-dsc00288.jpg  
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:15 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Nope, it's because more youngsters are off their faces on drugs in Canada so they're a little more lethargic
I know. They penalize law abiding citizens by adding a paternalistic and monopolistic bureaucracy while turning a blind eye to those who support the criminal sub-structure of drug supplying.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:31 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

And the source of your irrefutable evidence is..............????????
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:51 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
And the source of your irrefutable evidence is..............????????
In the same place as your irrefutable evidence countering
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:25 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

In the same place as your irrefutable evidence countering
Well, i dont have any irrefutable evidence to state otherwise and never suggested i did. But, unlike you i try not to make statements i cannot back up. You're just opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble because it accommodates your "I'll try and demean Canada" agenda.
I am not oblivious to the fact you may be correct, however some credible source is warranted.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

transatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, Paying just under $290 for some inhalers isn't much better, used to cost me £14 and I still had a good moan about it!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:04 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Well, i dont have any irrefutable evidence to state otherwise and never suggested i did. But, unlike you i try not to make statements i cannot back up. You're just opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble because it accommodates your "I'll try and demean Canada" agenda.
I am not oblivious to the fact you may be correct, however some credible source is warranted.
As far as i remember el richo likes living here, he has said that many times I recall.

Isn't the cornerstone of any democracy and patriot the fact that they should question their country and government and not just lay back and accept everything ?
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:49 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Oink pointed out some of the reasons but really if you're going to move, MOVE. If you move to say, Ireland, what's the point?
Well, there is the immigration complications for starters arent there

I figure there are places in the UK where you can lead a different lifestlye if you choose too. So much of it is mind over matter anyway.

Sure, making a clean break and starting again 3000 miles away helps with resetting expectations, but its not without its hassles too. Maybe its that psychological break with the past that drives a lot of these decisions. I wouldnt know, I ended up here by accident more or less.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tangram
As far as i remember el richo likes living here, he has said that many times I recall.

Isn't the cornerstone of any democracy and patriot the fact that they should question their country and government and not just lay back and accept everything ?
I don't see the relevance of your second paragraph to my post although I fully agree with it. That's why people are clamouring to get into democratic countries, to have the right to express their feelings openly.
He said
"Nope, it's because more youngsters are off their faces on drugs in Canada so they're a little more lethargic" suggesting that this is the case vs the UK where youngsters are off their faces on booze. I attempt to keep up to date in Canada and around the world, not always successfully, but where is the evidence for this?
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see the relevance of your second paragraph to my post although I fully agree with it. That's why people are clamouring to get into democratic countries, to have the right to express their feelings openly.
He said
"Nope, it's because more youngsters are off their faces on drugs in Canada so they're a little more lethargic" suggesting that this is the case vs the UK where youngsters are off their faces on booze. I attempt to keep up to date in Canada and around the world, not always successfully, but where is the evidence for this?
From an ethnography standpoint I think its called participant-observation.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

He said
Agreed. It was more pointing to your, perhaps not yours in particular in this case but, viewpoint that anyone criticising Canada should not let the door hit their arse on the way out.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 4:43 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
I figure there are places in the UK where you can lead a different lifestlye if you choose too. So much of it is mind over matter anyway.

Sure, making a clean break and starting again 3000 miles away helps with resetting expectations, but its not without its hassles too. Maybe its that psychological break with the past that drives a lot of these decisions. I wouldnt know, I ended up here by accident more or less.
I've always thought that Northern Ireland is the best place to live in the UK, but no-one agrees with me. But that's why it's the best place to live in the UK, because no-one wants to move there. It's very rural and there are some really nice places there. Getting a decent job is hard though.

I didn't move to Canada because I wanted a psychological break, I really don't like the UK for a number of well-founded reasons. Although at the end of the day most of those reasons are underpinned by the fact the country is just too crowded.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought that Northern Ireland is the best place to live in the UK, but no-one agrees with me. But that's why it's the best place to live in the UK, because no-one wants to move there. It's very rural and there are some really nice places there. Getting a decent job is hard though.

I didn't move to Canada because I wanted a psychological break, I really don't like the UK for a number of well-founded reasons. Although at the end of the day most of those reasons are underpinned by the fact the country is just too crowded.
North West of Scotland is fantastic, Isle of Skye in particular.

It rains far too often in NI. When I was there, one could only tell it was summer as opposed to winter by the fact that the rain was ever so slightly warmer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.