Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Motivations for emigration

Motivations for emigration

Old May 7th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Motivations for emigration

Originally Posted by Neelam
They get money to buy a CAR!?!?!? Oh the shock of things
Yep. A relative was telling me about someone he knows who was selling a car. The buyer turned up with a cheque from the local council. When he called them to query it he was told that sometimes it turns out to be the cheaper option if the have mobility issues.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jempee
totally agree. Along with the food vouchers (i have never known any body else to get vouchers like they do!) oh and the money for the car that they get as well.
We went through this money for car nonsense before. As it turned out one person with a disability got an allowance for a car; the government isn't giving out Rolls-Royces to everyone who can prove he arrived illegally.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

totally agree. Along with the food vouchers (i have never known any body else to get vouchers like they do!) oh and the money for the car that they get as well.
Links please. Not "man in pub told me" but BBC, Guardian, Times, Independent, some credible source.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Neelam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
If you can show using some sort of reputable source that Indians and Pakistanis occupy a disproportionate number of council houses please do so. Otherwise I have to dismiss your post as racist tosh and warn you that Canada has brown people too.
Proof? Sure... walk into any Birmingham or outer London suburb. FYI - my parents are Pakistani.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Proof? Sure... walk into any Birmingham or outer London suburb. FYI - my parents are Pakistani.
Yes, proof or credible evidence please.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Links please. Not "man in pub told me" but BBC, Guardian, Times, Independent, some credible source.
My ex boyfriend was an asylum seeker from India (yes INDIA) posing as a Sri Lanken. surprisingly the British caught him and he fled to the USA. The Americans (surprisingly) believed his story and he is now sitting under palm trees in California with a Green Card in his hands.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Like i said, walk into an outter city suburb - use your legs, I aint takin' you there....

going to see "proof" is better then clicking on some website links that anyone could have put there.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Yep. A relative was telling me about someone he knows who was selling a car. The buyer turned up with a cheque from the local council. When he called them to query it he was told that sometimes it turns out to be the cheaper option if the have mobility issues.

All i can say to that is :curse: :curse:
Old May 7th 2007, 1:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

My ex boyfriend was an asylum seeker from India (yes INDIA) posing as a Sri Lanken. surprisingly the British caught him and he fled to the USA. The Americans (surprisingly) believed his story and he is now sitting under palm trees in California with a Green Card in his hands.
Obviously the British authorities would immediately know that he wasn't from Sri Lanka, how on earth did he think he would get away with that?
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

All i can say to that is :curse: :curse:
How very articulate.
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

We went through this money for car nonsense before. As it turned out one person with a disability got an allowance for a car; the government isn't giving out Rolls-Royces to everyone who can prove he arrived illegally.
hey you know what just because you dont have links in front of you does not mean its true im afraid.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Obviously the British authorities would immediately know that he wasn't from Sri Lanka, how on earth did he think he would get away with that?
Oh no.... they believed him!! It was only until someone from India mailed his Indian passport to him and Royal Mail reported it, thinking it was odd that an Indian passport is being passed through the UK - They put two and two together and caught him. He is from South India. The language is the same and they look the same (Sri Lanken and Indian) he just had to change his accent to a Sri Lanken one.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
How very articulate.
Hahaha! Funny. I need more coffee. STARBUCKKSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old May 7th 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, proof or credible evidence please.
ah but no more rants of racism now though? i do not consider myself racist but do not like illegal's be they brown, white whatever impeding on a system that then is stretched and becomes unable to help those that it was intended to help. this is my personal opinion im afraid and i do not need a link to back it up. As Neelam said take a walk in these places and talk to real people.
Old May 7th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

hey you know what just because you dont have links in front of you does not mean its true im afraid.
You go GIRL!!! Or boy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.