Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

McCartney / Seal Cull

McCartney / Seal Cull

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 3:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: McCartney / Seal Cull

...from the grauniad site:

Get back, Paul
I am the Walrus
Club, club me do

Any others?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Cull of Kintyre
Pelter Skelter

Last edited by Biiiiink; Mar 3rd 2006 at 4:08 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:23 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...from the grauniad site:

Get back, Paul
I am the Walrus
Club, club me do

Any others?
Baby seal walks into a club......
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:29 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

C moan..... [sic]
Carry that weight (on the back of your head)
Let me Roll It (before you nail me)
Hello Goodbye

OK that's enough...Ed....
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:30 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Baby seal walks into a club......
I just spilt my coffee all over my desk....
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:31 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Cull of Kintyre
Pelter Skelter
Four from the CBC website:

Blubber Sole
When I'm Sixty-Fur
Day Flipper
I Am Not The Walrus

7 more title puns and the article here:
Ex-Beatle has 'long and winding road' to stop seal hunt: minister

Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by dingbat
I just spilt my coffee all over my desk....
I'd been biding my time. Waiting until I wasn't the only one likely to get into trouble with the tree-huggers.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:16 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hangman
Four from the CBC website:

Blubber Sole
When I'm Sixty-Fur
Day Flipper
I Am Not The Walrus

7 more title puns and the article here:
Ex-Beatle has 'long and winding road' to stop seal hunt: minister

Cheers
Steve
I like how the seal in the photo - described as a friend - tried to bite McCartney.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Mar 3rd 2006 at 5:19 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
What does this have to do with product testing you ask? It's about armchair critics from Britain criticizing Canadians regarding animal cruelty when animals in Britain underwent cruel toxicology testing as Canadians were developing humane methods and obtaining results with superior accuracy.

Perhaps it is Canadian celebrities who should be visiting British labs for photo ops on animal cruelty... or maybe McCartney should just stay at home and clean up the act there first?

are there any canadian celebrities?????? all the best actors/singers etc are british and american arent they??????
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London7
are there any canadian celebrities?????? all the best actors/singers etc are british and american arent they??????
There is Celine Dion. She should be culled.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:31 pm

all the best actors/singers etc are british and american arent they??????
No.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:36 pm
Cynically amused.

please stop..I must do some work here....
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:38 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

You mean like Michael Jackson and Boy George? Just because we don't have similar freaks in Canada doesn't mean that we don't have lots of celebrites.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Balzac will become famous soon enoughBalzac will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iaink
Seems harsh if thats to include all Lennon/McCartney too

"Maybe Im Amazed" or whatever it was was OK in its own way too, but perhaps is the exception that prooves the "sucks as a solo artist" rule.

Not entirely sure how fisheries canada was responsible for every bloody nation under the sun coming to international waters and hauling in the Cod

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
Ignorance is bliss, hey? Are you saying that Fisheries Canada is not responsible for mismanaging cod stocks? Those poor, innocent Newfies are the victims of foreigners coming to steal our fish? It seems to me that this country is based on the overexploitation of its natural resources.

A comment on the pictures of McCartney with the white coats. Apparently once they shed their white fur, then its time to go out clubbing.

I think it's shameful that a wealthy country like this slaughters seals in this inhumane way. Ocean, it is illegal to skin animals alive. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I hate mindless nationalism what every country its coming from. I found the video of a seal choking to death on its blood pretty compelling. I want to pre-empt the idiots who will say the animal welfare people do it for raise more money.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:42 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
There is Celine Dion. She should be culled.

And Jim Carrey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.