Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

McCartney / Seal Cull

McCartney / Seal Cull

Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice
Default Re: McCartney / Seal Cull

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
Sentinel?? as in standing guard?

If we didnt eat animals would there be a reason for pigs and sheep? a few might be kept as pets, but would there be feral ones? living a "natural" life? its all about balance and we need to live alongside animals, and not torture them as part of food prodcution, this doesn't preclude good animal husbandry to feed us.

I dont know where i stand on the seal killing -, i know we wouldnt be as interested if they werent cute.

Personally i am not sure about the integrity of heather, she has a vivid imagination, and Paul seems to like to be told what to think.
This balance you speak of has been undone by Western man.
The argument about meat production for those who don't care about animal welfare should centre on it being a very wasteful method of producing protein for humans to consume.
The planet would probably be a better place without the suffering inflicted upon animals and humans in westernised food production.
If we are "the superior" beings claimed by some posters than surely we have a responsibility to so called "lesser" beings as well as our grandchildren.
I can remember a HUGE rally in the late 70's through London protesting about Seal clubbing, nothings changed there..
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:58 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
You're leaving?
Try and keep up, Sue!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:58 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hudman
The planet would probably be a better place without the suffering inflicted upon animals and humans in westernised food production.
I didn't know that humans were on the menu too. :scared:
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:53 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dingbat
Bit like alcohol free beer and wine. Utterly pointless. How's your head?
A-ok! Fell asleep midway through the third bottle (party animal!!!). That probably saved me.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
A-ok! Fell asleep midway through the third bottle (party animal!!!). That probably saved me.
You were absolutely delightful the other night ro - I have never laughed so much in my life!