Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For the Mac Users

For the Mac Users

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 2:56 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For the Mac Users

Originally Posted by SirTainly
I'm not actually from Cambridgeshire, but I went to school in Lincolnshire. Yes I did play rugby for my school (Stamford School).
ahhh well... would have been to much of a coincidence then... otherwise might have been in opposing teams at one time of our past...

so, you're not a fen-person ... good for you!!! try to stay that way!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Charming.
Thank you. This Irish/Polish charm works every time.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I really don't want to know about your wind problems!
Fairs, fair. I listened to your male problems, and mine might be far more interesting - one never knows with a wind problem.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=SirTainly]Well I wasn't...did you want me to ?? ?

Come on now - you did say that you had given up on women and went to cross-dressing clubs. This seems to be the next logical progressive step.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:28 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by willmore
Well I wasn't...did you want me to ?? ?

Come on now - you did say that you had given up on women and went to cross-dressing clubs. This seems to be the next logical progressive step.
hahaha

I'm too unfashionable to be gay!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Having a long chat with the Mac guy at work, (who spent all night sleeping outside the new Mac store in London, so he could get to buy goodies at a discount prices when it opened) the honest answer is Windows/Linux/Mac/Solaris are no easier to use. What does matter is what you get used to. For example I always type "ls" when I want a directory listing, because I am so used to unix type command shells, having to type "dir" in DOS is no longer obvious for me. Likewise I always miss the Explorer file manager (not the internet browser) from Windows when working on a Linux desktop. Also the point of Apples being faster, not much use when there aren't as many top lines games for the Mac that can use that speed, nor are Apples designed as Servers so again that speed is wasted. For example my laptop is a 800Mhz Sony, quite old now, but runs Windows fine, can play DVDs send emails etc, so speed is not important as long as it's fast enough for purpose.

Last of all the pricing point for Apples is high, as they are better built, and because they are produced in smaller quantities than PCs you don't get the economies of scale.

Willmore: trying to find an up to date photo to scan, didn't get a chance yesterday as I was putting my PCs back together after building one for my step father, and having to use parts from mine.
Good to know that at least you associate with Mac people at work. I'm really amazed that London never had an Apple store before. We have 3 in Victoria, 2 selling nothing but apple products, and our population is about 300,000.

Don't forget that picture - I want to find out the real truth.

14 more days till I get my new Mac....I can hardly wait!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:47 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Good to know that at least you associate with Mac people at work. I'm really amazed that London never had an Apple store before. We have 3 in Victoria, 2 selling nothing but apple products, and our population is about 300,000.

Don't forget that picture - I want to find out the real truth.

14 more days till I get my new Mac....I can hardly wait!!!
I can't avoid him, he shares half my desk

London has Apple "branded" stores, but not one run directly by Apple. They are looking to open more in Europe apparently, it's all on their website, if you want to read it, or search for Apple Store on Regent Street.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hahaha

I'm too unfashionable to be gay!
hehehe...I don't know that that's a particular criteria in whether you're gay or not.....I've seen hippies dressed in 60s' clothing who are gay.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=SirTainly]I can't avoid him, he shares half my desk

Keep digging that hole for yourself. First avoiding women, then cross-dressing and now sharing a desk with a male!!! By, the way how do two people share a desk? Is this a cost cutting measure, because of the lack of interest in the PCs?

As long as I get my Mac by Dec 6/04 I'll be a happy little biologist.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

What Mac are you getting Willmore??

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:41 pm
The Green Engine

hehehe...I don't know that that's a particular criteria in whether you're gay or not.....I've seen hippies dressed in 60s' clothing who are gay.
That's your advantage of being older..you can recall the 60's

All my gay friends are very stylish, some of them have even suggested I need to go on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:45 pm
The Green Engine

Keep digging that hole for yourself. First avoiding women, then cross-dressing and now sharing a desk with a male!!! By, the way how do two people share a desk? Is this a cost cutting measure, because of the lack of interest in the PCs?

The desk unit seats two people, one opposite the other, fortunately with a screen in between. For his sins we make him use a PC at work bwahahahaha!

If more women could grasp the complexities of Software Engineering I'd gladly share a desk with one. Sadly they prefer to work with animals and do soppy things like becoming Biologists.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:36 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

HHEEYYYYYYYY

SirTaintly and K, way to technical for us dafties, who are not linux trained etc.

Lets just stick to Macs with large fries.

I agree that it is down to ones own preference. maybe if I used a MAC on a daily basis I would argue that they were better, but as we all know Bill Gates is the modern Dick Turpin, robbing all of us dafties silly by bringing in newer operating systems every few years.

We have only got used to Windows XP and now we have the new OS from Microsoft called Longhorn, being tried just now in its beta version, WHAT NEXT, will we have to buy a newer office suite, change our burning software as Gates says it will not work on Longhorn. I can see it all happening !!!!!!!!, every new PC will have Longhorn on it and the users will have to fork out hundreds to get the Longhorn equivalent of Nero, Roxio, MGI Photsuite, Norton, MacAfee, etc etc.

I may be wrong, but going by past stings by Bill Gates, we will all be shafted again.

Eddie
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Voyager970
HHEEYYYYYYYY

SirTaintly and K, way to technical for us dafties, who are not linux trained etc.

Lets just stick to Macs with large fries.

I agree that it is down to ones own preference. maybe if I used a MAC on a daily basis I would argue that they were better, but as we all know Bill Gates is the modern Dick Turpin, robbing all of us dafties silly by bringing in newer operating systems every few years.

We have only got used to Windows XP and now we have the new OS from Microsoft called Longhorn, being tried just now in its beta version, WHAT NEXT, will we have to buy a newer office suite, change our burning software as Gates says it will not work on Longhorn. I can see it all happening !!!!!!!!, every new PC will have Longhorn on it and the users will have to fork out hundreds to get the Longhorn equivalent of Nero, Roxio, MGI Photsuite, Norton, MacAfee, etc etc.

I may be wrong, but going by past stings by Bill Gates, we will all be shafted again.

Eddie
What....no insults for Willmore today? You are really losing your touch Edd"ie"

Just make sure those fries have ketchup.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=SirTainly]The desk unit seats two people, one opposite the other, fortunately with a screen in between. For his sins we make him use a PC at work bwahahahaha!

His sins of having to work with you? That poor man, you mean your company is SO cheap it can't afford to buy the guy a Mac........

Soppy in more ways than one....but at least I'm good at what I do. You software engineers don't even realize a good thing (a Mac) when you see one)....... his sins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.