For the Mac Users

For the Mac Users

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: For the Mac Users

Originally Posted by SirTainly
That's your advantage of being older..you can recall the 60's

All my gay friends are very stylish, some of them have even suggested I need to go on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"!
Except that I was born in 1975, but have an older brother and sister who do have a vague recollection of the 60s'

So now you have gay friends.......never liked that show - don't find the humour in it at all.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:10 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
What....no insults for Willmore today? You are really losing your touch Edd"ie"

Just make sure those fries have ketchup.

NAHHHHHHHH
Trying to be Mr Sensible, but still talking bull anyway,
Here Willmore heard a wee rumour that you were into gay guys.

Do you want to talk me dear !!!!
Feel you need to get something out of your system !!!!!!!!!!!!
As a trained counsellor, I will be more than happy to hear your tales of WO!!!!! and I will not pass it on to anyone !!!!!!!!!!

Why are you having to wait 14 days for your MAC
Just pop down to the local high street and buy one, they only cost about $4 and you can have ketchup with them to !!!!!!!!

Here Willmore and the rest of the guys, have a look at this web site, it is really interesting, you will be amazed

http://home.mn.rr.com/t1camp1/Focus.swf

Enjoy

Eddie
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE

The Scots' really have the talent for "talking bull" don't they? Must be part of the grouchiness/charm that I keep hearing about but yet to see.

No, from my husband. She has enough on her hands with one man in her life (yes, of course dear, dream on)......

No, tales of pity. Just very unusual for you to pass an opportunity to insult me in some way, shape and form. Perhaps old age is really setting in.

Smart-ass. My new Mac is being built as we speak......waiting, patiently waiting.

Can't open this website. What was going to happen, was it going to explode or something?

[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:40 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Wilmore check your PM's

Have sent the link via this.

Willmore born in 1975, AYE RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nae danger 1955 is more like it, as you sound an old grouchy git, in fact more grouchy than me !!!! and yes you are correct old age is definately setting in with you me dear !!!!

HHHEEEEEHHHHHEEEEEHHHHHEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie or as Willmore spells it who is losing her marbles, a few sandwiches short of a picnic Eddy !!!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, friends have always told me that I'm an Aquarius with a bad moon rising, but everything I've learned about being grouchy is from the two Scottish experts McGrouch and now you.

By the way, I'm turning 30 on Feb 5, so 1975 it is.......

Last edited by willmore; Nov 23rd 2004 at 1:16 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:20 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

We should respect such antiquity..but we won't

Yes I have friends, gay and otherwise. Besides I've known most of them since we were 7 or 8. I've only seen the show once though, as I'm rarely in when it's on.

No my company isn't cheap, the Mac guy is a consultant who is probably taking home the equivalent of CDN$200 a year. We don't use Macs as a) Our clients, major financial institutions won't touch them with a barge pole, b) The software we require doesn't run on them, remember what I said about Apple not making servers.

Eddie: Uncle Bill has you by the wotsits, but I'm sure like a lot of Windows users you can find a friend who has a copy of Windows Office etc, that has escaped from the rear of an HGV
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 1:25 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, friends have always told me that I'm an Aquarius with a bad moon rising, but everything I've learned about being grouchy is from the two Scottish experts McGrouch and now you.

still feeling the abuse Willmore? ... we will just have to live with it... non-MAC users always go a bit emotional and green...

BTW, 30 ain't old... having kids is old... and an antique is someone still going on about pcs!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 1:39 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ksct97
still feeling the abuse Willmore? ... we will just have to live with it... non-MAC users always go a bit emotional and green...

BTW, 30 ain't old... having kids is old... and an antique is someone still going on about pcs!!!
Have you got sprogletts already K ?

Having kids and being 3 days older makes you ancient too! you and Willmy can sit around and swap war stories!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 2:45 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got sprogletts already K ?

Having kids and being 3 days older makes you ancient too! you and Willmy can sit around and swap war stories!
just the one... true i am old, i remember being your age... that was a good weekend just gone by...
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

We should respect such antiquity..but we won't

No my company isn't cheap, the Mac guy is a consultant who is probably taking home the equivalent of CDN$200 a year. We don't use Macs as a) Our clients, major financial institutions won't touch them with a barge pole, b) The software we require doesn't run on them, remember what I said about Apple not making servers.
What did you say bout apple not making servers?

http://www.apple.com/xserve/
http://www.apple.com/xserve/raid/

The truth is that apple makes some of the cutting edge servers on the market. The truth is that Europe, (UK included) is way behind in technology compared to North America.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:22 pm
The Green Engine

Originally Posted by prodigyking
What did you say bout apple not making servers?

http://www.apple.com/xserve/
http://www.apple.com/xserve/raid/

The truth is that apple makes some of the cutting edge servers on the market. The truth is that Europe, (UK included) is way behind in technology compared to North America.
When I say servers I don't mean something to run the office network, I mean something to support the level of transactions large financial institutions or pharmaceutical companies use. In which case you either go for IBM, or more likely Sun.

http://www.sun.com/servers/

Hard to say any one country is ahead, the leading IT compnaies in the world are all multinationals, not to mention the diversity of the staff.

Take some of the most influential people in IT and see what I mean

Bill Gates - American
Tim Berners-Lee - British
Linus Torvalds - Finnish
Pierre Omidyar - Naturalised American born in France to an Iranian family
Sergey Brin - Russian

Last edited by SirTainly; Nov 23rd 2004 at 3:36 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When I say servers I don't mean something to run the office network, I mean something to support the level of transactions large financial institutions or pharmaceutical companies use. In which case you either go for IBM, or more likely Sun.

http://www.sun.com/servers/

Hard to say any one country is ahead, the leading IT compnaies in the world are all multinationals, not to mention the diversity of the staff.

Take some of the most influential people in IT and see what I mean

Bill Gates - American
Tim Berners-Lee - British
Linus Torvalds - Finnish
Pierre Omidyar - Naturalised American born in France to an Iranian family
Sergey Brin - Russian
But did you know that Bill Gates used an Apple to design his home in Seattle...hahahaha
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=SirTainly]We should respect such antiquity..but we won't

30 isn't old, I don't even feel that I've reached my prime yet and I have 2 kids.

$200CDN - hardly worth his time and effort. Think he needs to mingle with a higher class of people. Should be worth far more than that and paid in US funds. When we do any type of international consulting work - we're paid in US funds across the board.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ksct97
just the one... true i am old, i remember being your age... that was a good weekend just gone by...
What war would that be? The Iraq war?

K - if you were born in 79, you're not much older than Sir and you certainly shouldn't be feeling your age yet, although it's true kids can run you ragged some days.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:25 pm
The Green Engine

30 isn't old, I don't even feel that I've reached my prime yet and I have 2 kids.

$200CDN - hardly worth his time and effort. Think he needs to mingle with a higher class of people. Should be worth far more than that and paid in US funds. When we do any type of international consulting work - we're paid in US funds across the board.
missed off the k ...200K but you knew what I meant I'm sure!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.