Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

rickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

why bother with the PM's ???? we all need the same information.....so lets share it
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

expat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

Originally Posted by poface
Dont be put off too much by what you here. Not all is as bad as some people make it sound
Clearly you do not work on the shop floor then
Old Nov 21st 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

davesharronn is an unknown quantity at this point

well expat tel us how it is
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Sir Stampalot is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the Expo 08 at Leeds today, and spoke to Melodie who was representing IMP. She appeared to be very intersted in my aviation background, and if I had my cv with me, actually offered me an interview for this coming week.

So it is with interest that I have stumbled across this forum and have noted the posts in this thread.

First question is "why the secret pm's " about any interview techniques, and secondly, there seems to have been, or there may still be some unrest amongst the British expats who are currently over in Canada.

Can someone please in the "know" either clarify the above points or put the matter to bed.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

hi sir stampalot
here here to what you're saying.i had my interview back in feb and have had nothing but good and positive feed back from imp,the only thing stopping me from being in canada and an employee of imp is that i can not sell my house ,i have even dropped it 25 grand and still no movement. i am going to the expo in leeds tomorrow just to say hi and to let them know that the only thing from stopping me from being there is the house,i am also fed up with the negative replies about imp when no one can come up with an honest answer. they and when i have been in contact they (imp) have been understanding and helpful,
dave
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dave

I may be stating the obvious, but why are you selling your house? I am also a home owner, but my plans would be to find employment in Canada, then rent a house over there and see what happens.

I have lost most of the equity in my house since the "credit crunch" so I would not gain anything by trying to sell. My plan would be to rent my house in the short term, and if for any reason Canada was not for me or my family, then I would at least have a place to return to.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:15 am
Just Joined

poface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davesharronn
hi sir stampalot
here here to what you're saying.i had my interview back in feb and have had nothing but good and positive feed back from imp,the only thing stopping me from being in canada and an employee of imp is that i can not sell my house ,i have even dropped it 25 grand and still no movement. i am going to the expo in leeds tomorrow just to say hi and to let them know that the only thing from stopping me from being there is the house,i am also fed up with the negative replies about imp when no one can come up with an honest answer. they and when i have been in contact they (imp) have been understanding and helpful,
dave
I work at IMP and as I have said before I am happy to answer any questions by pm. The pms are not secret they are just private. All questions welcome
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:24 am
Just Joined

expat123 is an unknown quantity at this point

PM's replied
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by poface
I work at IMP and as I have said before I am happy to answer any questions by pm. The pms are not secret they are just private. All questions welcome
PM sent. Cheers
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

[QUOTE=Sir Stampalot;6999955]Hi Dave

I may be stating the obvious, but why are you selling your house? I am also a home owner, but my plans would be to find employment in Canada, then rent a house over there and see what happens.QUOTE]

To answer your preivous post first, there are many expats working at IMP. Some are management, some staff and some on the shopfloor. Which ever you contact will give you their slant on working for IMP from their experience. Because there are so many expats this site is monitored by IMP staff. So as people have said PM's are not secret thay are just private and people at IMP will give you their opinion in answers to your questions, they just do not wont the world to know their opinions. You should not base the decision on whether to move to Canada on other peoples opinions either it is a decision for yourself and family based on your research.

To anser you other questions, if you rent out your house in england to will have to declare the rent as overseas income on your Canadian Tax Return and pay tax in canada on that income. In UK you can offset the rent against your outstanding mortgage for tax purposes. I am not sure if that is permissable in Canada you will have to research that before you take that decision.

Regards

Winston

T
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

hi sir stampalot,
where my wife works, she sees everyday what happens or can happen to rented property,ie, rent not being paid ,the house trashed, if something goes wrong you have to sort it but your in canada not easy,the letting agencies that we have spoken to want 10% plus and all they do is nothing,if there is a problem they let you know,no one in to rent your house you still have to pay the mortgage,and the rent or mortgage in canada becomes expensive ,so with the wife and i the only option is to sell,we have dropped it a lot but will still make some profit which will be our deposit and other necessities,as regards to coming back to the uk,it will work in canada life has got to be better there
dave
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Marry is an unknown quantity at this point

hie guys.you sound to be so helpeful.im having my interview on friday.can you give me a hint guys.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

oh.so if they interviewed you through the phone they still have to interview you face to face?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Anyone to rescue me please?im just so eager to join the company and live in Canada.and if you know let me know the usual period of all the processes.thanks in advance
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

John and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Has anyone had the face to face interview yet and if so how did you get on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.