Reload this Page >

IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

mrsjanie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

Hi all

My husband has received an email from IMP, after Orla at UK2NS sent his resume to them for us.

The email asked for him to clarify some basic info, e.g. expected salary, timescale for moving, and also asked what would be the best time to call him for a telephone interview.

I've done a search on here and read some interesting info about IMP generally, as well as one person saying they also received an email like my husband's, but never got a call! I am trying to remain positive that he will get a call from them, and therefore am asking for some advice. They are also over in Leeds in Nov for the Expo so we are hoping he will get an interview arranged for then.

I would like to ask if anyone has any experience of a telephone/face-to-face interview with IMP - what sort of questions should my husband expect? He has worked for BAE Systems for all of his working life (13 years), so has not got much experience of interviews at all! I have worked in recruitment, so can give him general advice, but am lost when it comes to aerospace and what they might be looking for!

NB. he has applied for an aerospace mechanic position, he works as a pipe fabricator at BAE.

Hope someone has some advice to offer....

Thanks,
Janie
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:39 am
Just Joined

John and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMP AEROSPACE Interview advice

Hello I have also received the same email from IMP. My background is a little different but they basically wanted the same information. Don't want to scare monger, but I researched IMP on the internet and it said that about 300 of their employees had recently gone on strike due to unhealthy work conditions. So I am a little unsure what to do. We basically wanted to know the same as you. If anyone is/has worked there then any information you could give would be helpful. Including...Housing cost, Pay scales ect....
P.S
IMP also had an advert in the Sun on 16th Oct. 2008
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

davesharronn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my name is Dave, and i have had a face to face interview with imp.They came over earlier in the year,i was offered the job at the interview and had it confirmed a few days later,if you would like to pm me i will try to answer any questions,i have accepted the job and fingers crossed sold my house so pm me and i will try to help
Dave
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrsjanie
Hi all

My husband has received an email from IMP, after Orla at UK2NS sent his resume to them for us.

The email asked for him to clarify some basic info, e.g. expected salary, timescale for moving, and also asked what would be the best time to call him for a telephone interview.

I would like to ask if anyone has any experience of a telephone/face-to-face interview with IMP - what sort of questions should my husband expect? He has worked for BAE Systems for all of his working life (13 years), so has not got much experience of interviews at all! I have worked in recruitment, so can give him general advice, but am lost when it comes to aerospace and what they might be looking for!

NB. he has applied for an aerospace mechanic position, he works as a pipe fabricator at BAE.

Hope someone has some advice to offer....

Thanks,
Janie
I am about to start work at IMP if you would like any information please PM me. They are very short of avionic and airframe mechanics at present which is why they are recruiting heavily. As for pay scales and interview advice on what may be asked again pm me. They offer a relocation package to those coming over on TWP.

Regards Winston
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

Originally Posted by John and Steph
Hello I have also received the same email from IMP. My background is a little different but they basically wanted the same information. Don't want to scare monger, but I researched IMP on the internet and it said that about 300 of their employees had recently gone on strike due to unhealthy work conditions. So I am a little unsure what to do. We basically wanted to know the same as you. If anyone is/has worked there then any information you could give would be helpful. Including...Housing cost, Pay scales ect....
P.S
IMP also had an advert in the Sun on 16th Oct. 2008
You will need to post a couple more items to be able to PM but I can supply the information you are looking for.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Location: Lincoln, England but hope to swap for Halifax, NS in the next 6 months or so!
Sara K is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
it's normally my wife that post on the forum, but thought it better coming from me as I'm the one who's been offerd a job with IMP and the one who's visited the site.

As an Aircraft Engineer for the last 18 years I've had the chance to work in some of the UK's best equiped and cleanest working environments as well as some serious sh*t holes.

IMP has a strong union led work force that has to comply with the union desissions, so if the union says out - then it's out they go!

After getting the chance to take a tour of the different work areas at IMP I can honestly say that I've seen a hell of a lot worse - and I mean a hell of alot.

The work shop is - well a work shop and the rest of the hangars are of a good standard.

If I thought any different I wouldn't have accepted a job with them and be in the process of trying to sell my house to get me and my family out to Canada.
Their are lots of A/C companies in Canada looking for good engineers from the UK, but I'm happy to join IMP.

Hope this has been of some help and if anyone has any more specific a question please feel free to PM me/my wife!!

Mark
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Hello to everyone who has replied to my message so far, it's really interesting to hear what you have to say about IMP (and yes, I also have read about the issues they're currently having which has made us a little dubious about working conditions). My husband is still waiting for the telephone interview to take place, should be this week.

So now I have posted this message, I believe I will be able to PM those of you who offered to give more info...

Thanks
Jane
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

So that I can PM those of you willing to answer my questions I need to reply so here is one.....
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully after this one I can PM some of you... Thanks John
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

rickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone.

I also have been offered a position with IMP and myself and family should be flying out early next year. Would be great to talk to others also to discuss their plans.

Richard
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rickuk
Hi everyone.

I also have been offered a position with IMP and myself and family should be flying out early next year. Would be great to talk to others also to discuss their plans.

Richard
Hi Richard

Looks like there are quite a few on here now who are either due to start with IMP soon, or hoping to get through interviews!

We have had some really useful information from people about the interview process, perhaps you should give people some indication of what information you are specifically looking for so they can help you too.

My husband has the telephone interview this evening, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for that. Will let you all know how he gets on!

Jane
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

rickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the rough

Hi again.

Yes seems like there will be quite a few going over.
Has anyone had quotes for removals yet ? we've had 2 so far and both were far apart. one for £2000 and the other for £4000. This is for a large 3 bed house.
If it helps, we've had quotes for flying our dog over.....air canada seem to be the only airline to use. will cost including crate, vet bills, customs and flight roughly £400.
will post move info as I get it.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to ask Jane.......

How did the interview go tonight.
was very relaxed and friendly for me....hope you found it the same.

Richard
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

robjudge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all my 1st time here so all advice welcome, i have a telephone interview with IMP this Weds and if anyone has had one already all help hints, tips welcome!! pm welcome and thanks guys for reading, and good luck in Canada!! Rob.

Last edited by robjudge; Oct 27th 2008 at 7:56 pm. Reason: spelling errors
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

rob pm sent

Richard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.