Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Good Laws or Bad ?

Good Laws or Bad ?

Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:41 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Garfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud of
Default Good Laws or Bad ?

Hi All,

Been a while since I have been here.

Read an article today about a woman who had been harassed by Yobs/Youths (in YUK of course) for months since moving into her house, thought they owned the neighbourhood, in fact said they did to her, played music so loud in her front garden they could not sleep, threw missiles and bricks through her windows, police did nothing. She confronted them (Brave woman) and she ended up slapping 3 of them on the face. Guess what, she was prosecuted by the Crown Prosectution Service for assault and taking matters into her own hands and the court gave her an 18 month Community Order.

I know what I think but what about everyone else ?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:48 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Laws or Bad ?

and in the US she could have shot the lot dead and got away with it on the grounds they frightened her.

So which is the better law?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garfielduk
Hi All,

Read an article today about a woman who had been harassed by Yobs/Youths (in YUK of course) for months since moving into her house, thought they owned the neighbourhood, in fact said they did to her, played music so loud in her front garden they could not sleep, threw missiles and bricks through her windows, police did nothing. She confronted them (Brave woman) and she ended up slapping 3 of them on the face. Guess what, she was prosecuted by the Crown Prosectution Service for assault and taking matters into her own hands and the court gave her an 18 month Community Order.

Garfielduk

have to say that this is what the uk is turning into.

Not in Warrington by any chance are u ? We have a friend there who has recently had new neighbours and they have had to move out of their house as the neighbours are making their lives hell. stinks eh !!!!

The you get the youth peeing all over cars sat in the church yard whilst sunday evening service is on.........

Dog owners walking their dogs on a leash and they let them crap in your garden whilst you watch .........makes me personally sick!

The list goes on and on.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:56 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grah
and in the US she could have shot the lot dead and got away with it on the grounds they frightened her.

Shooting them ....well they wouldn`t do it if they knew they couldn`t get away with it, sorry but as far as i`m concered the kids of today get off with to much even bloody murder....

Oh let little Johnny mug the little granny on the corner and lets take him on holiday to spain.. well he has come from a bad back ground....
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:59 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Garfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Garfielduk

have to say that this is what the uk is turning into.

Not in Warrington by any chance are u ? We have a friend there who has recently had new neighbours and they have had to move out of their house as the neighbours are making their lives hell. stinks eh !!!!

The you get the youth peeing all over cars sat in the church yard whilst sunday evening service is on.........

Dog owners walking their dogs on a leash and they let them crap in your garden whilst you watch .........makes me personally sick!

The list goes on and on.

No, not Warrington but only 12 miles away down the M56, Helsby actually.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 8:04 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Well something in between would be good, at least something whereby the youths cannot just get away with absolutely everything and knowing that you can't do a damned thing without the "Victim" getting prosecuted.

I have quite a few friends from Eastren Europe e.g. Ukraine, Russia, Estonia and they cannot believe that the kids can get away with it, in their countries the Police would whack them with the truncheon for calling an Old Woman "a bitch"
Old Oct 1st 2006, 8:14 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Can you do the same in Canada ?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

keohanes_on_the_move is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Hi
I get tired of hearing people complaining about the amount of 'foreigners' and 'immigrants' that are arriving in the UK - I have to say 9 out of 10 of the kids causing pure misery for decent law abiding citizens are UK born and bred! We need to take a look at ourselves and the way we are allowing the youth of today dictate how we live. Personally, I would be ashamed if I thought my child was abusing/victimising/bullying ANYBODY....... but that's me - and one of the major reasons for us deciding to ship out... I don't want to be here when these losers, win.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Canada doesn't get into the news very often, in the UK, hence the belief that there isn't much crime here (in Canada)

Canada is a huge country and there are crime free places due to their vast physical distances from anywhere major. However where I live (Montreal) there are loads of shootings, assualts, murders etc.

Sadly it's not just gangs killing each other, two people have been murdered recently for either looking at someone the wrong way or being robbed (in the last 2 weeks) on both occasions the offenders were out on bail (great justice system here in Canada too).

We have a home invasion gang here who have finally killed an innocent person in their own home, plus numerous other incidents every day.

Sorry to the gentleman who thinks he is funny calling the UK (YUK), but it's pretty similar here.

Jonathan
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:26 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Can you do the same in Canada ?

Not to my knowledge.

As for yobs, only been bothered by them once in my younger days unfortunately they out numbered me and a friend, it was self defence honest guv.

Need the friend to act as a witness, that you where asking them to move on and they got violent.
Perhaps Granny gangs with old music blaring out surrounding the kids might help. when making citzen arrests.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
Canada doesn't get into the news very often, in the UK, hence the belief that there isn't much crime here (in Canada)

Canada is a huge country and there are crime free places due to their vast physical distances from anywhere major. However where I live (Montreal) there are loads of shootings, assualts, murders etc.

You sure? My brother's wife's friend's mum went to Canada 20 years ago and said that there's no crime there I heard that you can also get a mansion for 20p? Are you telling me this isn't true? Now I have to move to Australia
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:53 am
Happy in Canada.

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
You sure? My brother's wife's friend's mum went to Canada 20 years ago and said that there's no crime there I heard that you can also get a mansion for 20p? Are you telling me this isn't true? Now I have to move to Australia

No this is the place for you

DICKSON ISLAND

No a single mention in here ever,

Organized Crime in Canada: A Summary of Recent Events
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

No this is the place for you

DICKSON ISLAND

No a single mention in here ever,

Organized Crime in Canada: A Summary of Recent Events

But do they have prawn crisps and bisto there?

Also, will my TV work in Canada?
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:28 am
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
Sorry to the gentleman who thinks he is funny calling the UK (YUK), but it's pretty similar here.
Jonathan
Well if it isn't (Y)UK (and Rich will back me up on that) why are so many people leaving here then ?

Last edited by Garfielduk; Oct 2nd 2006 at 8:40 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:49 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Well if it isn't (Y)UK (and Rich will back me up on that) why are so many people leaving here then ?
There are loads of people coming too - it's sooo good.

How many places in the world are worse than the UK? I'd frankly feel safer in the UK than South Africa, for instance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.