Exchange rate

Old May 11th 2007, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all
Default Re: Exchange rate

hi

just thought i would let you know i spoke with moneycorp and hifix this afternoon as i have just registered with them.

both agents thought we would do well to see 2.25 more likley 2.0 , with their price coming in today at 2.18

this is for a small amount , and from reading before i understand the larger the amount the difference reduces.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by edinburgh
hi

just thought i would let you know i spoke with moneycorp and hifix this afternoon as i have just registered with them.

both agents thought we would do well to see 2.25 more likley 2.0 , with their price coming in today at 2.18

this is for a small amount , and from reading before i understand the larger the amount the difference reduces.
The larger the amount, the more you need to worry about the difference in exchange rate, on say £50,000 the difference between 2.25 & 2.20 is enormous.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Are we taking conventional or oil sands?

In the case of the latter, Alberta's reserves are reckoned to be sufficient to supply all world demand for oil for over a century.
I was talking both, I was reading that Canada is second only to Saudi Arabia in the oil reserve stakes. But this includes the Alberta sands where the extraction/production is expensive and difficult in relation to the former. So I'm not sure why someone would give 2012 as a year for expected oil reserve depletion to occur.

If what you say is true why in the name of god am I landing in Ottawa when it's Alberta I should be heading.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Taken from the Telegraph website
"City experts yesterday warned that the Bank of England may follow yesterday's quarter percentage point increase in interest rates with another hike, as fresh figures showed one in three new pay deals is worth more than 4pc.............................Economists warned that there was an increasing chance that the Bank will lift borrowing costs again to 5.75pc, although this would become clearer next week after the publication of its latest Inflation Report."
So how would this effect the $$ per £?
Cheers,
Kenny
Old May 11th 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Ahh, ignore him for the moment, he's having a bad day.
Anyway, enough of this tribalism, can we go back to my post on Canadian oil and how long it's going to last? Much more interesting.

<<So what's the timeline, given the information available, for Canadian oil supplies to dwindle to a trickle and set off economic calamity? There was an article in the Enomomist a while ago (maybe years, I can't remember) that cited 2012 to be the year of impending doom for oil exporting countries.>>

I'm just worried for the poor people in Alberta.
A lot longer than 2012. They have huge reserves (I am a geologist so not based entirely on fiction), but I think (and I could be wrong- I often am) whether or not they count as reserves at any particular time depends upon the price per barrel at the time, as oil is costly to extract from the sands. However as a secure non middle eastern supplier to the US I would think their (the oil reserves) future is fairly secure. I have however heard mutterings (from mate at Shell who was talking about gas) that Alberta (or maybe Canada) may put some sort of extra tax which makes the market insecure for them for investment

Gryphea

Gryphea
Old May 11th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
I was talking both, I was reading that Canada is second only to Saudi Arabia in the oil reserve stakes. But this includes the Alberta sands where the extraction/production is expensive and difficult in relation to the former. So I'm not sure why someone would give 2012 as a year for expected oil reserve depletion to occur.

If what you say is true why in the name of god am I landing in Ottawa when it's Alberta I should be heading.

Here is a reasonable assessment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athabasca_Tar_Sands
Reserves depend upon ease/cost of extraction, so if new methods of recovery are devised instantly the reserves can go up instantly
Old May 11th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

if you have GBP£ to change into CAD$ you want either BOE to keep hiking rates or Bank of Canada to cut rates.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gryphea
Here is a reasonable assessment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athabasca_Tar_Sands
Reserves depend upon ease/cost of extraction, so if new methods of recovery are devised instantly the reserves can go up instantly
Cheers gryphea, I've looked at Wikipedia for the info before but couldn't get an answer on the reserve depletion thing. Better handle on it now, as they say. Thanks.
Old May 11th 2007, 4:03 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gryphea
A lot longer than 2012. They have huge reserves (I am a geologist so not based entirely on fiction), but I think (and I could be wrong- I often am) whether or not they count as reserves at any particular time depends upon the price per barrel at the time, as oil is costly to extract from the sands. However as a secure non middle eastern supplier to the US I would think their (the oil reserves) future is fairly secure. I have however heard mutterings (from mate at Shell who was talking about gas) that Alberta (or maybe Canada) may put some sort of extra tax which makes the market insecure for them for investment

Gryphea

Gryphea
I can't see the province imposing a nasty tax. The feds, on the other hand, will tax anything they can. You are, of course, right about the price issue. The existence of the oil sands has been known about for ages. For many years they were just resources because the oil price was too low to make recovery economically viable. These days, recovery is most certainly a nice little earner.
Old May 12th 2007, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

masiosare is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andthen
The larger the amount, the more you need to worry about the difference in exchange rate, on say £50,000 the difference between 2.25 & 2.20 is enormous.
I believe you should act now, I don't think it would go above 2.3, it may go below 2.2 however, so I'd act quickly

Or else just exchange some of the money to minimize the risk
Old May 12th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by masiosare
I believe you should act now, I don't think it would go above 2.3, it may go below 2.2 however, so I'd act quickly

Or else just exchange some of the money to minimize the risk
I'd agree.
Old May 12th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

i would agree with that aswell.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

And me.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stop peeking at this thread. Please help me. End it now
Old May 13th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

I am like a moth with a nice bright light......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.