Exchange rate

Old May 13th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
I am like a moth with a nice bright light......
I am more a butterfly with a torch, without batteries.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be stable at the moment [touches wood] at $2.20
Old May 14th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Just need the Canadians to chop their interest rates by a couple of points and we'll be laughing. Maybe if we think it hard enough, it might happen!

Oh well, we'll see. Been dealing with estate agents this morning. It's going to be hard to part with a % to keep them in the BMWs to which they're accustomed.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

ain't that the truth, managed to haggle mine down to 1%. Felt good about it, then we sold the house within a week, so it is going to feel tough giving them over 5 grand for a weeks work.
Old May 15th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

2.18 .............

" I am a donkey on the edge"

(Shrek fans will understand)

Old May 15th 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Falling energy prices brought inflation down this month, s'why it's down a couple of points today.
Old May 15th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Based upon past experience since I bit the bullet and changed cash this morning it should start rising again tomorrow
Old May 15th 2007, 5:55 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
Just need the Canadians to chop their interest rates by a couple of points and we'll be laughing. Maybe if we think it hard enough, it might happen!

Oh well, we'll see. Been dealing with estate agents this morning. It's going to be hard to part with a % to keep them in the BMWs to which they're accustomed.
only just logged back on, and updated myself on this. re the estate agents, we were quoted between 11/2 and 2%, however haggled and got a flat fee of £950 plus vat, not once, but twice, after sacked first one, you might think that tells a story, get what you pay for, put we sold the house 3 times with them, and 3 times it fell through, just seemed like a change was needed. lets face it, all they do is stick it in the window, paper and right move. sorry to go off thread but felt might help.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Rae, yeah, always good to hear other's experiences. Had another agent round today, valuation was 30k different than the first two (probably just a ruse to get my business) so I'm now getting a fourth one in on Thursday to hopefully agree with either the high or the low price (then I'll decide).

For others putting houses on the market this month, general feedback seems to be you have a good chance of getting a bargain through hard barter this month - there's a lot of business out there the agents are fighting each other for because of the HIP thing.

Iain

PS. On the exchange rate thing, if it keeps falling I'll probably stick the flat sale dosh in a UK high interest bond for a year and try again next summer (we're renting for a bit in Vancouver before moving inland a bit in 2008 anyway).

Last edited by Iain Mc; May 15th 2007 at 6:50 pm.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
Cheers Rae, yeah, always good to hear other's experiences. Had another agent round today, valuation was 30k different than the first two (probably just a ruse to get my business) so I'm now getting a fourth one in on Thursday to hopefully agree with either the high or the low price (then I'll decide).
I got quotes that differed by £70k - in the end I told them what I wanted to put it on the market for.

Have decided my revenge for them doing nothing and not returning my calls will be to harrass them... I want my money to be worth something - even if its just knowing I'm a pain in the @ss...
Old May 15th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Ian, you are not wrong about the HIP thing, estate agents are fighting to get properties on the books before it comes into force.
Old May 20th 2007, 2:49 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

$2.15 today that is the lowest it has been all year
Bloody typical
Old May 20th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point

I am planning to move over and buy in Sept this year. I have released all my savings now, and yep the rate is right down a high of 2.33 now showing 2.147!!!!

Does anybody have any sensible suggsetions, ie wait till Sept or do it now as its only going to get lower.

Cheers
Old May 20th 2007, 5:18 pm
philandhev

Location: Vancouver Island, arrived August 2007 from Derbyshire
philandhev is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same situation, I am going in now with partial funds to hedge bets depending on what it looks like tomorrow Monday 21st May. Sunday Times Money headlines today with interest rates expected to reach 6% in UK in July which will give mortgage rates in UK at around 8%. Therefore I am going in now with limited funds and waiting for bulk transfer later in the year.

Its a lottery, if anyone really knew how to play it there would be some very rich people. Is suppose George Soros is the one to ask...

Good luck
Old May 20th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've all but given up for moving funds this summer; unless it gets above 2.25 again will probably hold them in a more-interest-than-you'd-get-in-Canada account/bond until next summer. We're still moving in August but were going to rent for a year anyway as we're planning on moving once I've finished a course in Vancouver.

Historically the rate sits betwixt about 2 and 2.5 so I figure anything over 2.25 is a "win" (alas last time it was above 2.25 I hadn't got the funds free).

Cheers, Iain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.