British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

kellydrew Mar 24th 2006 9:38 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hi everyone

Just received an email from our lawyers. We have our AOR dated 17th March. Trouble is they said it's come from the CHC in Manila. I'm not too bad at geography and I'm sure that's the capital of the Philippines!!!!!!! :confused:

Upon checking the attached letter it states that it's come from CHC London. I suppose the Lawyers assistant didn't do geography at school.

Anyway I suppose it's all systems go now. Please, please, please London be quick as my medical is up in May and I don't want to pay another £400+. :eek:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Drew :beer: :beer: :beer:

britishvixen21 Mar 25th 2006 10:00 am

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi everyone

Just received an email from our lawyers. We have our AOR dated 17th March. Trouble is they said it's come from the CHC in Manila. I'm not too bad at geography and I'm sure that's the capital of the Philippines!!!!!!! :confused:

Upon checking the attached letter it states that it's come from CHC London. I suppose the Lawyers assistant didn't do geography at school.

Anyway I suppose it's all systems go now. Please, please, please London be quick as my medical is up in May and I don't want to pay another £400+. :eek:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Drew :beer: :beer: :beer:

LOL dont you just love Lawyers!! congrats on your AOR, next step PPR request!! they seem to be flying through them in London you wont have to wait long i dont think!!

kellydrew Mar 27th 2006 10:57 am

Originally Posted by VCox
I got a reply yesterday to the email I sent last week. It just said that the current processing time is 6 months etc etc so I would hear from them by Aug. I feel really flat, cos I'd built my hopes up after the positive responses Wes and Cov had to their emails.

Looks like my options could be to land with a newborn in tow (really don't want to fly with such a young baby) or just start the whole process again....

Best of luck with your email Drew, hope you get a more positive response

V

Hey V

I got the same reply this morning. Not paying too much attention to it though. Sure we'll both hear something a little more positive soon.

Take care

Drew

VCox Mar 27th 2006 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey V

I got the same reply this morning. Not paying too much attention to it though. Sure we'll both hear something a little more positive soon.

Take care

Drew

Hi Drew

Maybe they're sick of people chasing now they've had a few emails? Glad to hear you're still keeping positive. I'm feeling more upbeat than I was last week (pregnancy hormones weren't helping!)

I'm sure we'll hear something soon

V

Horizons Mar 28th 2006 10:42 am

Hi Drew

Maybe they're sick of people chasing now they've had a few emails? Glad to hear you're still keeping positive. I'm feeling more upbeat than I was last week (pregnancy hormones weren't helping!)

I'm sure we'll hear something soon

V

We have just realised that we did not pay ROLF! :eek: Doh! So here's a maybe dumb a question but how & where is the best way for hubby to pay this? :confused:

VCox Mar 28th 2006 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Horizons
We have just realised that we did not pay ROLF! :eek: Doh! So here's a maybe dumb a question but how & where is the best way for hubby to pay this? :confused:

I think pay online and send the receipt off to Mississuaga and London. Cov-Canuck did this recently, so perhaps they can help on this one.

V

britishvixen21 Mar 28th 2006 11:24 am

I think pay online and send the receipt off to Mississuaga and London. Cov-Canuck did this recently, so perhaps they can help on this one.

V

I paid mine online, my letter advised me to send the receipt to Mississauga which I did, but I also sent a letter to London as an FYI for their file. Hope that helps :D

cov-canuck Mar 28th 2006 12:00 pm

V

Yup, that's exactly what I did. Got a letter about 3-4 weeks later from Mississauga confirming payment. And Cov-Canuck is a she, just in case anyone was wondering ;)

VCox Mar 28th 2006 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
And Cov-Canuck is a she, just in case anyone was wondering ;)

Wasn't too sure so thought I'd play safe ;)

V

Mr Lee Mar 28th 2006 3:35 pm

Shiiiiiiit!

Just been sat with the other half (Lapsed Canuck) discussing calling Mississauga as we've been over two months "in process" and I've just got the paperwork so she's got everything to hand.
"Let me just check on the internet..." I said.

WOAH!! "Decision Made"!!! :scared:

Letter sent out yesterday.

They can still say 'No' though, right? :confused:

VCox Mar 28th 2006 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Shiiiiiiit!

Just been sat with the other half (Lapsed Canuck) discussing calling Mississauga as we've been over two months "in process" and I've just got the paperwork so she's got everything to hand.

Fantastic news!! What a lovely surprise! And don't even think about them saying no, they'd probably have asked for more information if it wasn't a straight forward yes!

Think I'll have a look at e-cas now, haven't looked for at least three days .... ;)

V

Mystic Kazza Mar 28th 2006 3:58 pm

Shiiiiiiit!

Woo Hoo !!

Congrats - join the club ! :)

Just looked on e-cas and we have the same "decision made" too .

- And about blooming time , it was getting depressing looking at "in process" . This is just a weird feeling now , We`re both getting palpitations with the hugeness of the whole thing . Good luck to everbody .

I feel a :beer: coming on !

Phil

Mr Lee Mar 28th 2006 4:08 pm

Fantastic news!

I'm all sixes and sevens now!!

The missus called Mississauga anyway and by negotiating her way through the extensive automated system they seem to have in place to prevent you talking to humans, found out that the stuff has been forwarded to London...so you can check that if you need to as well, just to be sure... :)

Mystic Kazza Mar 28th 2006 4:25 pm

Fantastic news!

I'm all sixes and sevens now!!

The missus called Mississauga anyway and by negotiating her way through the extensive automated system they seem to have in place to prevent you talking to humans, found out that the stuff has been forwarded to London...so you can check that if you need to as well, just to be sure... :)

Yep we know how you feel. Slightly dazed to say the least. Onward to the next stage. I think we will let the process take it's natural course.

Considering that this is probably our last summer here, we have now gotta think about doing and seeing stuff in this country that we haven't yet while we still have the chance. (One of the kids mentioned Lego Land but I pretended not to hear!!)

Phil

kellydrew Mar 28th 2006 4:50 pm

Congratulations to both Mystic kazaa and Mr. Lee
Trouble is now you have to go through the whole thing again at London :(
Have you paid your permanent residency fees up front coz that should help to speed it up for you- apparently!!!
Keep smiling and hey you never know tomorrow could bring good news.

Good luck
:beer:
Kelly