British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

kellydrew Mar 16th 2006 10:29 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
Hubby has just rang me, he has checked our e-mail at work and received e-mail from our Lawyers, found out that we have been accepted from Mississauga, just waiting for AOR now!!!!!!
:beer: :beer:
One step closer!
Cant go back to sleep now!!!
:cool:
Kelly

wesbett Mar 17th 2006 8:14 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hubby has just rang me, he has checked our e-mail at work and received e-mail from our Lawyers, found out that we have been accepted from Mississauga, just waiting for AOR now!!!!!!
:beer: :beer:
One step closer!
Cant go back to sleep now!!!
:cool:
Kelly

Congratulations Kelly!
Good luck to eveyone else!
:beer:

VCox Mar 17th 2006 8:44 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hubby has just rang me, he has checked our e-mail at work and received e-mail from our Lawyers, found out that we have been accepted from Mississauga, just waiting for AOR now!!!!!!
:beer: :beer:
One step closer!
Cant go back to sleep now!!!
:cool:
Kelly

Fab news Kelly! Really pleased for you, hope you managed to get some sleep eventually!

V

britishvixen21 Mar 17th 2006 11:27 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by VCox
Fab news Kelly! Really pleased for you, hope you managed to get some sleep eventually!

V

Wow second one in a day, ive been waiting for all you to post this!!! congratulations kelly and drew, now I hope London are SUPPPEERRR fast!!!

Karma being sent for your endearing patience!!

jerry brewer Mar 17th 2006 8:27 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
Hi All,
Got our application forms back today from mississuaga, the problem.....

' You are presently residing outside Canada......
Provide proof of your intention to live in canada....' :confused:

Everything else is OK .........

Problem is my wife is a home maker ' at present, so proof of submitting resignation to employer is not possible, and we have not arranged any rented accommadation yet as we don't know when we can land. :confused:


How did everyone else prove how they intend to live in Canada ??

Any suggestions welcome....
We have to return the form to them within 90 days.
Cheers
Jerry

VCox Mar 17th 2006 9:56 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Got our application forms back today from mississuaga, the problem.....

' You are presently residing outside Canada......
Provide proof of your intention to live in canada....' :confused:

Everything else is OK .........

Problem is my wife is a home maker ' at present, so proof of submitting resignation to employer is not possible, and we have not arranged any rented accommadation yet as we don't know when we can land. :confused:


How did everyone else prove how they intend to live in Canada ??

Any suggestions welcome....
We have to return the form to them within 90 days.
Cheers
Jerry

Jerry, sorry to hear about the problem. If you want to email/pm me then I'll let you know what we put on our app if it helps

V

wesbett Mar 18th 2006 9:08 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Got our application forms back today from mississuaga, the problem.....

' You are presently residing outside Canada......
Provide proof of your intention to live in canada....' :confused:

Everything else is OK .........

Problem is my wife is a home maker ' at present, so proof of submitting resignation to employer is not possible, and we have not arranged any rented accommadation yet as we don't know when we can land. :confused:


How did everyone else prove how they intend to live in Canada ??

Any suggestions welcome....
We have to return the form to them within 90 days.
Cheers
Jerry

Hi Jerry, really sorry to hear about your problems. We were really stumped on this one when we filled in the application. This is what we supplied as evidence:

1. As we are moving to my wife's home town, her mum wrote a letter of support of us and our intentions to settle in Canada. Also it stated that we were going to rent her basement on arrival (this may or may not happen!). We were told by London High Commission that this type of supporting letter is a really important piece of evidence if you have nothing else to submit.
2. We supplied photocopies of our estate agents valuation and contracts to sell our house proving our intention to move. This could just be a valuation if you haven't put your house on the market yet.
3. We wrote a letter ourselves saying why we wanted to move back (being close to Canadian family, wife returning to her homeland etc etc)
4. As my wife is pregnant with our second child she is not seeking employment at first but we stated in the letter that she would eventually.
5. we both stated our intention to give up employment in the UK and my work offered me a freelance contract once in Canada. I included a copy of this.
6. If you have been actively seeking employment in Canada you could state this in your letter of support

This all seemed to work as it was approved and I am now in PPR stage!

All the best of luck and let us know how you get on or if you need any more info.

Wes

britishvixen21 Mar 18th 2006 10:37 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
Jerry thats really cr**py I would say all of what Wesbett said also you may want to try to open a Canadian bank account im sure it can be done somehow online especially if its a savings account and maybe transfer some funds into it.

Also im assuming you have done some research put everything you have in with your application download stuff of the internet of places you want to live, email real estate agents and insert their replies.
If you have young toddlers put in research you made into schools and email schools in the area and put in their replies.
If you need to requalify with the job that you do put in research that you have done on how you would do that.

Send them a huge bundle of stuff and explain that your wife is a housewife and you will be the sole provider.

I hope this helps and it works :D keep us posted.

jerry brewer Mar 18th 2006 7:48 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
Hi All,
Many thanks for the replies/comments, all very useful. :)
Busy now trawling thro' my internet links for the relevant sites, e-mails etc etc and piecing together the research material we have acquired.
So it's fingers crossed and a re submission sometime next week.
It's annoying as it's the only thing we got wrong with the forms... :mad:
Cheers
Jerry

kellydrew Mar 19th 2006 11:43 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
Hi Everybody

Had the heads up from Mississauga and received an email from our lawyers stating that it will probably be 3-4 months before we receive our A0R. That seems an awfully long time, going off what some of you guys have experienced. Maybe they're just covering their own backs. The wife's moving over in August with my stepson as he's enrolled in school in Barrie(being Canadian they can go whenever they want) so we gotta sell the house now :scared:

Anyway any thoughts on timelines etc will be appreciated.

Cheers

Drew :beer:

kellydrew Mar 19th 2006 1:06 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Got our application forms back today from mississuaga, the problem.....

' You are presently residing outside Canada......
Provide proof of your intention to live in canada....' :confused:

Everything else is OK .........

Problem is my wife is a home maker ' at present, so proof of submitting resignation to employer is not possible, and we have not arranged any rented accommadation yet as we don't know when we can land. :confused:


How did everyone else prove how they intend to live in Canada ??

Any suggestions welcome....
We have to return the form to them within 90 days.
Cheers
Jerry

Jerry

Very sorry to hear of your situation. I'm really glad now that we hired Lawyers. When we submitted our application to them they asked us to provide further information of our intent to live in Canada. Only when they were happy did we submit to Mississauga. We provided lots of the stuff that you did and they said it wasn't enough. Fortunately we had made contact at the school where my stepson had visited, so we got a letter off the Principal. We also opened a bank account the first time we went over over. We printed off replies from prospective employers.... I mean there's only so much you can do!!! I know it's no consolation to you, but I suppose to anyone reading this who's thinking of making the move, my advice would be hire a lawyer. Ours has a near 100% success rate and for piece of mind I'm glad we hired them....Mind you the way the exchange rate is at the minute I'm wondering if we're actually going to go over with anything. :scared: Lol

Try and remain positive Jerry. :beer:

All the best


Drew

britishvixen21 Mar 19th 2006 6:33 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi Everybody

Had the heads up from Mississauga and received an email from our lawyers stating that it will probably be 3-4 months before we receive our A0R. That seems an awfully long time, going off what some of you guys have experienced. Maybe they're just covering their own backs. The wife's moving over in August with my stepson as he's enrolled in school in Barrie(being Canadian they can go whenever they want) so we gotta sell the house now :scared:

Anyway any thoughts on timelines etc will be appreciated.

Cheers

Drew :beer:

That seems a little strange are you sure your lawyer doesnt think you are a skilled worker? I recieved my AOR about a week after decision was made in CPC-M.

kellydrew Mar 19th 2006 6:53 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
That seems a little strange are you sure your lawyer doesnt think you are a skilled worker? I recieved my AOR about a week after decision was made in CPC-M.

I know, we thought it might be their way of being over cautious just in case someone would sue them if they went over their said date. At least we hope so.
Anyway, here's hoping we dont have to wait too long.

Good luck everyone

Kelly

Island_Girl Mar 19th 2006 8:12 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by kellydrew
I know, we thought it might be their way of being over cautious just in case someone would sue them if they went over their said date. At least we hope so.
Anyway, here's hoping we dont have to wait too long.

Good luck everyone

Kelly

I agree with britishvixen21 it does not sound right that you are looking at a few more months I did not even receive a AOR at all the only thing we received from CHC was hubby's request for passport and that was within 6 weeks of CHC receiving our application...have you applied for you CAIPS notes to see what has gone on with your file you can do this yourself for $5 and don't need your lawyer to assist you might be useful to see the notes and bring forward date ect for your own eyes.

Island Girl

britishvixen21 Mar 19th 2006 8:16 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
I agree with britishvixen21 it does not sound right that you are looking at a few more months I did not even receive a AOR at all the only thing we received from CHC was hubby's request for passport and that was within 6 weeks of CHC receiving our application...have you applied for you CAIPS notes to see what has gone on with your file you can do this yourself for $5 and don't need your lawyer to assist you might be useful to see the notes and bring forward date ect for your own eyes.

Island Girl

I orderded my CAIPS and although they were somewhat useful I would say overal they were a waste of time, I had found on the internet a way to decode all of the notes. However my bring forward date was not till March 26th which depressed me no end, it said that my meds werent recieved and my security RCMP check was incomplete all they did was depress me. then 4 days later I recieved my passport request. I dont think they are always accurate.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:40 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.