British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

VCox Mar 14th 2006 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
No news good news they say............
Just checked e cas .. :(
After processing for three months they are now returning the form and require extra information, letter posted 13 -03-06.

Jerry

Jerry, sorry to hear about your delay. As the others have said, hopefully they will process the new information quickly and it won't throw off your plans too much.
All the best

V

britishvixen21 Mar 15th 2006 12:53 am

Im sorry you are all still delayed in Mississauga, I hope you are all through soon.

London are processing super fast I got my PPR today and it took 10 weeks total and that was with them requesting my RORLF fee.

There is hope yet. hang in there.

VCox Mar 15th 2006 9:53 am

Originally Posted by wesbett
We had DECISION MADE on Feb 13th but haven't heard anything from London yet. I'm worried my medical will run out before we get the visa as it expires at the beginning of September. I've emailed them to see if they take this into consideration etc etc. Not heard back yet.

Fingers crossed everyone!
Wes
www.wesweb.co.uk

Wes, I got decision made on Feb 13 and London started processing on Feb 17. Might be worth chasing up in case somethings gone astray

V

wesbett Mar 15th 2006 10:18 am

Originally Posted by VCox
Wes, I got decision made on Feb 13 and London started processing on Feb 17. Might be worth chasing up in case somethings gone astray

V

Hi V. In all the excitement I forgot that we had received a letter from London a few weeks back saying they had started processing. It also states that on the eCAS system. So come on London - pull your fingers out, we're all waiting!
W

kellydrew Mar 15th 2006 10:28 am

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Im sorry you are all still delayed in Mississauga, I hope you are all through soon.

London are processing super fast I got my PPR today and it took 10 weeks total and that was with them requesting my RORLF fee.

There is hope yet. hang in there.

Hey Vixen

RORLF.....Is that same as Right of Permanent Residence Fees? We have just had decision made from Mississauga. Hopefully if it's good news London should start to process pretty soon. As I've paid my fees up front am I correct in assuming that that speeds things up?

PPR....Is that Passport request? What exactly does that mean? Bloody hell, there's AOR'S, RORLF, PPR'S......too many bloody acronyms!!!! :confused:

You seem like a hive of information so please forgive me for picking your brains?

On a sporting front, do you think the Leafs will make the playoffs or do you not give a s..t? :scared:

Cheers

Drew

britishvixen21 Mar 15th 2006 11:03 am

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey Vixen

RORLF.....Is that same as Right of Permanent Residence Fees? We have just had decision made from Mississauga. Hopefully if it's good news London should start to process pretty soon. As I've paid my fees up front am I correct in assuming that that speeds things up?

PPR....Is that Passport request? What exactly does that mean? Bloody hell, there's AOR'S, RORLF, PPR'S......too many bloody acronyms!!!! :confused:

You seem like a hive of information so please forgive me for picking your brains?

On a sporting front, do you think the Leafs will make the playoffs or do you not give a s..t? :scared:
Cheers

Drew

Hey, sorry i im so lazy using those shortened versions,

AOR = Acknowledgement of reciept (london will send this when they recieve your file)
RORLF = right of residence landing fee
PPR = passport request - basically I got it LOL I think i have a link somewhere for the shortened versions of stuff il find it and post it for you.

And do i think the leafs will make the playoff, No i not only think that i think they will be holding the Stanley Cup this year WAHHOOOOO GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Heheheh highly unlikely but a girl can wish!

kellydrew Mar 15th 2006 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Hey, sorry i im so lazy using those shortened versions,

AOR = Acknowledgement of reciept (london will send this when they recieve your file)
RORLF = right of residence landing fee
PPR = passport request - basically I got it LOL I think i have a link somewhere for the shortened versions of stuff il find it and post it for you.

And do i think the leafs will make the playoff, No i not only think that i think they will be holding the Stanley Cup this year WAHHOOOOO GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Heheheh highly unlikely but a girl can wish!

Vix

So is RORLF the same as Right of Permanent Residence fee. If it is we've already paid that...PPR ? What do they do with your passport?

As for the Leafs......I really hope they make the playoffs but I'm not so sure. they have Buffalo tomorrow :scared: , and I'm sure they have Ottawa to play again and they haven't beaten them this year. Stanley Cup.....Wow!!! you are the eternal optimist, but hey, I hope you're right. I can't wait for the baseball season. the Jays have a really good team this year. GO JAYS!!!!

Thanks

Drew

britishvixen21 Mar 15th 2006 2:00 pm

Vix

So is RORLF the same as Right of Permanent Residence fee. If it is we've already paid that...PPR ? What do they do with your passport?

As for the Leafs......I really hope they make the playoffs but I'm not so sure. they have Buffalo tomorrow :scared: , and I'm sure they have Ottawa to play again and they haven't beaten them this year. Stanley Cup.....Wow!!! you are the eternal optimist, but hey, I hope you're right. I can't wait for the baseball season. the Jays have a really good team this year. GO JAYS!!!!

Thanks

Drew

Hey Drew

Yes its the same thing, if youv already paid it you will go through nice and fast. When you send your passport they put a visa in it that you use to land in Canada when you arrive at immigration they will look at the visa and then you land I guess not sure LOL il post on May 17th when i plan to land. hehehehe

Island_Girl Mar 15th 2006 6:20 pm

Vix

Thanks

Drew

Hi Drew

if you paid up front things should move fairly fast we paid ours up front and got PPR in under 6 weeks from when London started to Process.
my fingers are crossed for you.

hezbett Mar 15th 2006 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by wesbett
Hi V. In all the excitement I forgot that we had received a letter from London a few weeks back saying they had started processing. It also states that on the eCAS system. So come on London - pull your fingers out, we're all waiting!
W

This is wife of wesbett! As W stated awhile ago we sent an email to London to enquire about our medical expiry situation and just to see if they might give us some indication of when to expect a decision and just got this email back today!...

"...your e-mail made us review the application, a little earlier! We are pleased to advise that your husband has met all requirements, he will be sent a letter within the next few days, requesting that he submits his passport, so that we can issue his immigrant visa..."

Woohoo!!! :) Definitely worth emailing them in London it would seem! We've paid our ROLF thing up front, so I guess we're all set to go! Now just have to have our baby in June...

Hang in there everyone!
H

VCox Mar 15th 2006 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by hezbett
This is wife of wesbett! As W stated awhile ago we sent an email to London to enquire about our medical expiry situation and just to see if they might give us some indication of when to expect a decision and just got this email back today!...

"...your e-mail made us review the application, a little earlier! We are pleased to advise that your husband has met all requirements, he will be sent a letter within the next few days, requesting that he submits his passport, so that we can issue his immigrant visa..."

Woohoo!!! :) Definitely worth emailing them in London it would seem! We've paid our ROLF thing up front, so I guess we're all set to go! Now just have to have our baby in June...

Hang in there everyone!
H

Wow! What great news for you! Which email address did you use? I'm tempted to do the same as my medical expires in October. I'm expecting a baby in August & would like to land before he's born if poss.

Let us know when your hubby gets his ppr!

V

britishvixen21 Mar 15th 2006 10:20 pm

Hang in there everyone!
H

WOW congratulation I also sent an email and knew that I had my PPR from the reply. seems that London are really doing a good job at the moment.

Good for you wesbett and hezbett :beer: all around on friday when i got celebrating, now I just need to keep my fingers t*ts and toes crossed that its back in time for when i fly to London on May 8th.

kellydrew Mar 15th 2006 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
Hi Drew

if you paid up front things should move fairly fast we paid ours up front and got PPR in under 6 weeks from when London started to Process.
my fingers are crossed for you.

Hi

Thanks for your good wishes.

Drew :)

kellydrew Mar 15th 2006 11:26 pm

Hang in there everyone!
H

That's great

Many congratulations. Seems like things are moving for a few of us. Just hope that when the letter from CIC drops through the door,that it's good news.

Chuffed for you

Drew :beer:

wesbett Mar 16th 2006 8:55 am

That's great

Many congratulations. Seems like things are moving for a few of us. Just hope that when the letter from CIC drops through the door,that it's good news.

Chuffed for you

Drew :beer:

Thanks to all for the support - I suppose there's no turning back now!

Good luck!

Wes