British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

kellydrew Jan 24th 2006 11:11 am

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hi

As discussed in last weeks thread, CPC at Mississauga seem to be dragging their feet just a little. I was wondering if anyone involved in last weeks thread has heard anything? :(
Cheers
Drew

cov-canuck Jan 24th 2006 11:22 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi

As discussed in last weeks thread, CPC at Mississauga seem to be dragging their feet just a little. I was wondering if anyone involved in last weeks thread has heard anything? :(
Cheers
Drew

Nope. And as my ticker states, we've now been "Application In Process" for 2 months now.

MrGreen Jan 24th 2006 5:16 pm

We've been waiting 2 months as well...since 28 Nov when processing started. We check the status online nearly every day and am willing it to say something other than 'in process'. We've had no contact or anything. Eventually rang them and they said the wait was normal.

cov-canuck Jan 25th 2006 8:03 pm

Finally...progress! Checked e-cas tonight and saw "in process" is now "Decision Made"!!! A letter was supposedly sent yesterday, so January 24th. 2 months to the day since it started processing, 3 months to the day from the date they received it.

I called just to check what decision made meant, and was told that the whole application has been sent to my local visa office (so London)...I'm taking that as a good sign!

Fingers crossed that the rest of you hear something soon!

britishvixen21 Jan 25th 2006 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Finally...progress! Checked e-cas tonight and saw "in process" is now "Decision Made"!!! A letter was supposedly sent yesterday, so January 24th. 2 months to the day since it started processing, 3 months to the day from the date they received it.

I called just to check what decision made meant, and was told that the whole application has been sent to my local visa office (so London)...I'm taking that as a good sign!

Congratulations Awesome feeling isnt it!!! Good luck with London :D Keep up updated!!

kellydrew Jan 25th 2006 9:42 pm

Hey man....congratulations. Gotta say I'm jealous. Our lawyers filed our application at Mississauga on 7th Nov. We still haven't heard squat!! Nothing at all. Not even application in process. We contacted the lawyers and they say please be patient. They faxed CPC for us and have informed me today
that they have received no response. I mean we're up to 72 days now. I'm getting pretty p....d off...... Looking at your timeline you were a month before you were "application in process" and two months later sent to London. Jesus we'll still be here this time next year at this rate!!! We have no file no either as our lawyers said you only get that when they CPC start to process.

Oh well think I'll have another beer. :beer:

Again many congrats

Drew

Mystic Kazza Jan 25th 2006 10:10 pm

Cool , Well done .

They started processing ours on the 19th of December , so it looks like we`ve another month b4 we have "decision made" too .

On this basis looks like we`ll be on target for May/Jun-ish ( hopefully !)

Bon Voyage Cov-canuck !

Phil

kellydrew Jan 25th 2006 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Cool , Well done .

They started processing ours on the 19th of December , so it looks like we`ve another month b4 we have "decision made" too .

On this basis looks like we`ll be on target for May/Jun-ish ( hopefully !)

Bon Voyage Cov-canuck !

Phil

Phil

When did CPC actually receive your application?

Drew

Mystic Kazza Jan 26th 2006 8:27 am

Phil

When did CPC actually receive your application?

Drew

Exactly a month before Drew , the 19th of November.

Phil

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 9:16 am

Exactly a month before Drew , the 19th of November.

Phil

Wow

Going off that why the hell have we not heard anything? :mad: They received ours on Nov 7th.....We haven't got a file number yet to track it.

Anyway take care.

Drew :beer:

cov-canuck Jan 26th 2006 9:27 am

Wow

Going off that why the hell have we not heard anything? :mad: They received ours on Nov 7th.....We haven't got a file number yet to track it.

Anyway take care.

Drew :beer:

I should point out that up to this moment, we have not had ANY contact from Mississauga directly. We can log into e-cas with our online receipt number and my details (the sponsor's), but it wasn't until I was on the phone with them that I asked for my case number. From what I understand, Mississauga assign you a case number when they start processing your case (usually a month after they receive it). They then send you a letter with your case number when a decision is made on your case (our letter was sent 2 months after they started processing it, 3 months after they received our application), and forward the whole application to London. At this point (as I understand it!), London send you an AOR to say that they've received it and will start processing it.

As soon as we receive our letter from Mississauga about whatever decision was made, I'll let you know what details are on it, because that will be the first contact we've had from Mississauga.

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 9:38 am

I should point out that up to this moment, we have not had ANY contact from Mississauga directly. We can log into e-cas with our online receipt number and my details (the sponsor's), but it wasn't until I was on the phone with them that I asked for my case number. From what I understand, Mississauga assign you a case number when they start processing your case (usually a month after they receive it). They then send you a letter with your case number when a decision is made on your case (our letter was sent 2 months after they started processing it, 3 months after they received our application), and forward the whole application to London. At this point (as I understand it!), London send you an AOR to say that they've received it and will start processing it.

As soon as we receive our letter from Mississauga about whatever decision was made, I'll let you know what details are on it, because that will be the first contact we've had from Mississauga.

Hi Mate

Would you mind giving me the number please for CPC. We have no receipt number or anything to log on with. When I asked our lawyers they said that a number would only be issued when they started to process our file.

I'm sure we should be "in process" by now.

Cheers
Drew

Mystic Kazza Jan 26th 2006 9:56 am

Hi Mate

Would you mind giving me the number please for CPC. We have no receipt number or anything to log on with. When I asked our lawyers they said that a number would only be issued when they started to process our file.

Cheers
Drew

Hang on Drew , you should have a receipt number from the top of IMM5401 ,and this is the number you log on with . This should have been emailed to you when you paid .Did you pay online ?
I`m not convinced the lawyer is telling you this right .

Can anyone clarify ?

Phil

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 10:22 am

Hang on Drew , you should have a receipt number from the top of IMM5401 ,and this is the number you log on with . This should have been emailed to you when you paid .Did you pay online ?

Can anyone clarify ?

Phil

Phil

Our lawyers submitted our package. We have no IMM5401. We payed through our lawyers.

Drew

cov-canuck Jan 26th 2006 10:26 am

Hi Mate

Cheers
Drew

The number for CIC Mississauga is:
001 613 944 4000

I'll warn you though...it's not user-friendly! I've called 3 times, and each time spent upwards of 5 minutes just trying to negotiate around the automated system to speak to a real, live person. I'll also give you a little tip...of the three times I called, the first time I admitted I was calling from outside Canada and got a very mild ticking off. The second time, again, I admitted I was calling from outside of Canada and the woman almost put the phone down on me. The third time I wasn't asked, but I'd prepared an answer of "I applied from outside of Canada, but I'm actually in Canada on vacation at the moment and thought I'd check on it..."...just be prepared for a bit of hassle if you're honest with them! Technically "outside" applications shouldn't be able to phone them, I found the above number after a LONG internet search!

Good luck!

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 10:33 am

The number for CIC Mississauga is:
001 613 944 4000

I'll warn you though...it's not user-friendly! I've called 3 times, and each time spent upwards of 5 minutes just trying to negotiate around the automated system to speak to a real, live person. I'll also give you a little tip...of the three times I called, the first time I admitted I was calling from outside Canada and got a very mild ticking off. The second time, again, I admitted I was calling from outside of Canada and the woman almost put the phone down on me. The third time I wasn't asked, but I'd prepared an answer of "I applied from outside of Canada, but I'm actually in Canada on vacation at the moment and thought I'd check on it..."...just be prepared for a bit of hassle if you're honest with them! Technically "outside" applications shouldn't be able to phone them, I found the above number after a LONG internet search!

Good luck!

Cheers mate

I'll say I'm on holiday in Barrie.

Drew

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 10:36 am

Can anyone clarify ?

Phil

Phil

Which is form IMM5401. I've just checked our computer generated forms and we don't have that!! :confused:

Need to speak to our lawyers. :mad:

Mystic Kazza Jan 26th 2006 10:49 am

Phil

Which is form IMM5401. I've just checked our computer generated forms and we don't have that!! :confused:

Need to speak to our lawyers. :mad:

It`s the fees receipt but I think you only get it if you pay online . Either way , if you`ve paid then you (or your lawyer) SHOULD have a receipt number . This is the number you access e-cas with . Just type in IMM5401 into google and it`s all there .

If you don`t have a receipt , then your lawyer surely should ??

I`m sure you should have a "in process" by now ?

Phil

cov-canuck Jan 26th 2006 2:36 pm

Cheers mate

I'll say I'm on holiday in Barrie.

Drew

Let us know if you get any answers...at the very least they should be able to provide you with an 8 digit client number.

They can be pretty cryptic...our first phone call they mentioned something about a missing photo, we put 2 and 2 together and worked out what was missed, and sent it in on January 7th. It may or may not have affected our application, who knows, we certainly never received anything telling us what was missing (if anything!).

MrGreen Jan 26th 2006 3:09 pm

We still haven't heard yet, but when we rang that number the woman on the other end told us it was a normal time to expect to wait (our's began being processed Nov 28th) and that was it. We just check the online thing with our reciept number ebery other day and hope for the best. It's weird as we're selling cars, house and everything else before we've even heard anything vaguely postive back. Can't say it's not exciting though! :)

cov-canuck Jan 26th 2006 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
We still haven't heard yet, but when we rang that number the woman on the other end told us it was a normal time to expect to wait (our's began being processed Nov 28th) and that was it. We just check the online thing with our reciept number ebery other day and hope for the best. It's weird as we're selling cars, house and everything else before we've even heard anything vaguely postive back. Can't say it's not exciting though! :)

We were told the same type of thing after the first call. The benefit for calling mentioned above is that they haven't got any way of checking e-cas, so at least phoning should give them a client # so they can join the e-case zombies who log in a couple of times a day :D

jerry brewer Jan 26th 2006 6:38 pm

Hi All,
Just a quick update from us, we are stiil in process, seems they received the paperwork 21 nov, and started processing a month later, we have had no letter, :confused: but the online sevices info is reassurance that the paperwork at least arrived. :)
They always say no news is good news, so maybe we filled out the paperwork correctly. Just hoping it all goes thro' before my medical runs out.
We are selling like mad on e bay, and due to start car booting soon, house going on market as soon as CIC approve sponsorship or london acknowledge receipt and start.
Good luck to all.
Cheers
Jerry :beer:

jerry brewer Jan 26th 2006 6:53 pm

Hi All,
Got worried and did some quick net research details on CIC website, :)

currently processing applications received up to 21 - dec - 05

current process time 43 days.

Therefore we should see status change last week of Feb if all goes well.
So with a London average of between 3 and 10 months.... Our planned mid/late summer move could be a bit iffy !!! and my medical ... :scared:
Cheers

VCox Jan 26th 2006 7:50 pm

Hi all, I've just discovered the forum and having been following this thread with interest. Here's my timeline:

7 Nov - App received at Mississauga

6 Dec - Letter from CIC giving a client # and acknowleding receipt of app and advising my file is "pending review by an officer".

Last week - Get my hubby to ring the number cov-canuck provided (thanks) and are told that yes the app has been recieved but it's normal that we haven't heard anything else & they can't say when a decision will be made - " could be tomorrow, could be 6 months" !?!

I've never been able to access the on-line service - my receipt no/client no always come up as invalid.

I had thought the acknowledgment letter meant that my app had been checked and all was OK, but now methinks it's not even been looked at yet. I don't understand why no-one else seems to have got this letter.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you Drew as we submitted our apps at the same time.

Look forward to following everyone's progress and will let you know if I hear anything else

Victoria

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 8:00 pm

Thanks for the contact number, I took your advice and told them I was on holiday in Canada. We then logged on cpc website and they received our application on 8th Nov, it has apparently gone to a senior agent on 6thDec, why I dont know, but at least we can keep a track on our progress.
thanks again
Kelly :beer:

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 8:13 pm

:beer:

Originally Posted by VCox
Hi all, I've just discovered the forum and having been following this thread with interest. Here's my timeline:

7 Nov - App received at Mississauga

6 Dec - Letter from CIC giving a client # and acknowleding receipt of app and advising my file is "pending review by an officer".

Last week - Get my hubby to ring the number cov-canuck provided (thanks) and are told that yes the app has been recieved but it's normal that we haven't heard anything else & they can't say when a decision will be made - " could be tomorrow, could be 6 months" !?!

I've never been able to access the on-line service - my receipt no/client no always come up as invalid.

I had thought the acknowledgment letter meant that my app had been checked and all was OK, but now methinks it's not even been looked at yet. I don't understand why no-one else seems to have got this letter.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you Drew as we submitted our apps at the same time.

Look forward to following everyone's progress and will let you know if I hear anything else

Victoria

Hi Victoria
When your on the e-cas site, have you tried to click the box that says client number or the box that says imm5401. I tried on the 5401 and it didnt recognise me, but i then i clicked on the client number and it did.
We haven't received any letter or notification, when i phoned the cpc they informed me that our application has gone to the 'senior agent' and we can only presume this is because i haven't lived in Canada since i was 3years old, coz apparently all other cases are processed quicker if they dont go to senior agents!!!!! not fair!!
But hey ho at least we can now track our progress.
good luck and keep in touch
Kelly (Drew's better half)lol

Biiiiink Jan 26th 2006 8:21 pm

when i phoned the cpc they informed me that our application has gone to the 'senior agent' and we can only presume this is because i haven't lived in Canada since i was 3years old, coz apparently all other cases are processed quicker if they dont go to senior agents!!!!! not fair!!

A year and a half ago so not sure you can draw any conclusions from it, but mine was processed in the stated time at Mississauga, and a total of 3mths from the start to passport request, and I hadn't ever lived in Canada (I'm the Canadian sponsor). No idea if mine went to a senior agent...

Like you say, at least you can track it now. Although I guess all communication will go to your lawyer first?

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
Got worried and did some quick net research details on CIC website, :)

currently processing applications received up to 21 - dec - 05

current process time 43 days.

Therefore we should see status change last week of Feb if all goes well.
So with a London average of between 3 and 10 months.... Our planned mid/late summer move could be a bit iffy !!! and my medical ... :scared:
Cheers

Jerry

Not too sure of the times that the London office is issuing. On last weeks thread there seemed to be people who were done, so to speak in less than two months, so you like us may still be on for your summer move.

Drew

jerry brewer Jan 27th 2006 11:20 am

Jerry

Not too sure of the times that the London office is issuing. On last weeks thread there seemed to be people who were done, so to speak in less than two months, so you like us may still be on for your summer move.

Drew

Hi Drew,
Thanks for the positive thoughts, I am just hoping it all goes thro' before the medical runs out & needs repeating in Oct.
Ideally it would be nice to move mid summer for the kids schools.
good luck
jerry

kellydrew Jan 27th 2006 2:37 pm

Hi Drew,
Thanks for the positive thoughts, I am just hoping it all goes thro' before the medical runs out & needs repeating in Oct.
Ideally it would be nice to move mid summer for the kids schools.
good luck
jerry

Hey mate

I'm inexactly the same boat. Min runs out in May(medical) so they need to get their skates on. If not we'll be another £400 lighter. My two kids are sstaying here but still needed the medical, just in case they decide to come to live at a later date. Lets all think positive and I'm sure we'll be over by end of summer. Where are you going living?

All the best

Drew

jerry brewer Jan 27th 2006 7:01 pm

Hey mate

I'm inexactly the same boat. Min runs out in May(medical) so they need to get their skates on. If not we'll be another £400 lighter. My two kids are sstaying here but still needed the medical, just in case they decide to come to live at a later date. Lets all think positive and I'm sure we'll be over by end of summer. Where are you going living?

All the best

Drew

Hi Drew,
We are aiming for Vancouver B.C. area, my wife was born there and we love the place and the people/attitudes we met.
Youngest two kids are coming, but oldest aren't sure yet, but as they all have canadian passports & are citizens, It won't be any problem if they don't all arrive together, I will be the only immigrant !! :)
Cheers
Jerry

Horizons Jan 27th 2006 7:36 pm

Hi Drew,
We are aiming for Vancouver B.C. area, my wife was born there and we love the place and the people/attitudes we met.
Youngest two kids are coming, but oldest aren't sure yet, but as they all have canadian passports & are citizens, It won't be any problem if they don't all arrive together, I will be the only immigrant !! :)
Cheers
Jerry

Hey All,

I did not participate in last weeks thread (I have read it though) - I hope you don't mind me joining in.

I sent off my husbands paperwork early Dec 05 to Mississauga, they received it on 15th Dec, started processing it on 16th Jan, however they have sent the app back as it seems we haven't paid enough fees(Doh) - the app was returned to my previous address in BC, am still waiting for it to arrive.

If they have told me that they have returned it because of the lack of fees, is it pretty obvious that it is likely to be a yes in principle, or is that too big an assumption? Any thoughts?

:confused:

kellydrew Jan 27th 2006 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Horizons
Hey All,

I did not participate in last weeks thread (I have read it though) - I hope you don't mind me joining in.

I sent off my husbands paperwork early Dec 05 to Mississauga, they received it on 15th Dec, started processing it on 16th Jan, however they have sent the app back as it seems we haven't paid enough fees(Doh) - the app was returned to my previous address in BC, am still waiting for it to arrive.

If they have told me that they have returned it because of the lack of fees, is it pretty obvious that it is likely to be a yes in principle, or is that too big an assumption? Any thoughts?

:confused:

Hi

I would be inclined to agree with you. If they've looked at your file and the only thing wrong is the fact that you haven't paid enough fees :eek: ,then one would assume that the rest is ok, otherwise I'm sure they would have told you if anything else was wrong. But hey you never know.

Good luck

Drew

PS what the hell is happening with the Leafs? They suck!!!! :scared:

Horizons Jan 27th 2006 8:50 pm

Hi

I would be inclined to agree with you. If they've looked at your file and the only thing wrong is the fact that you haven't paid enough fees :eek: ,then one would assume that the rest is ok, otherwise I'm sure they would have told you if anything else was wrong. But hey you never know.

Good luck

Drew

PS what the hell is happening with the Leafs? They suck!!!! :scared:

Thanks for your response Drew - I hope we are right

H

VCox Jan 27th 2006 11:16 pm

[QUOTE=kellydrew]:beer:
When your on the e-cas site, have you tried to click the box that says client number or the box that says imm5401.

Hi Kelly

I've tried both ways and neither work, seems that for some reason they've not started processing ours yet :confused:

My medical & police checks run out in October but we're expecting our third child in August and had hoped to have at least been able to land before then if we couldn't complete the move in time. Is there a time limit between landing and going to live there permanently?

Trying to co-ordinate everything when you've no idea of timescales is really tricky, does anyone else feel like they're living in limbo? I shouldn't complain though cos we've got it "easy" compared to the SWs.

Wishing everyone speedy processing times (including me!) and thanks for all the useful tips so far. I'll share mine if I and when I have any.

Victoria

kellydrew Jan 28th 2006 1:03 am

[QUOTE=VCox]

When your on the e-cas site, have you tried to click the box that says client number or the box that says imm5401.

Hi Kelly

I've tried both ways and neither work, seems that for some reason they've not started processing ours yet :confused:

My medical & police checks run out in October but we're expecting our third child in August and had hoped to have at least been able to land before then if we couldn't complete the move in time. Is there a time limit between landing and going to live there permanently?

Trying to co-ordinate everything when you've no idea of timescales is really tricky, does anyone else feel like they're living in limbo? I shouldn't complain though cos we've got it "easy" compared to the SWs.

Wishing everyone speedy processing times (including me!) and thanks for all the useful tips so far. I'll share mine if I and when I have any.

Victoria

Hi Vicky

My medical is up at the beginning of May so it's looking like I'm gonna need it again. We too are totally in limbo. We want to move in August so as to get our son who will 11 into the local school at the beginning of their year. We are not too sure when to put the house up for sale as we dont want to sell it too quickly and have nowhere to live. I mean most leases now are for a minimum of 6 months so renting wouldn't really be an option until we do leave. One encouraging thing is that the times for processing at London don't seem to be as bad as the 3-10 months that they predict. Looking at last weeks thread some were done within 2 months.

Someone was saying last week that, for argument sake, in our case.....Kelly is Canadian and sponsoring me. She and Connor(her son) can go at any time coz they're Canadians. If we wanted to go in August we land at Toronto tell the immigration official that I am being sponsored and as long as you have your case number they will give you a 6 month tourist visa. You have to give them the address where you'll be living and hopefully PR visa would follow soon after. This info came from the HC in London. Apparently it happens all the time. Only drawback is you cant apply for you SIN number until you have your PR visa so effectively you cant work. But I suppose if you have the resources to get by for a while then that would be an option.

Has anybody else heard of this?

Take care

Drew :)

Biiiiink Jan 28th 2006 1:25 am

Originally Posted by VCox

PRs are required to be present in Canada 2yrs in every 5yr rolling period to keep their status, *but* when they are accompanying Canadian spouses/partners overseas, that counts as time spent in Canada (but only for PR purposes, not for attaining citizenship). So you could land, leave, and not return for as long as it takes! See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/res-oblig.html for the full details :)

Island_Girl Jan 28th 2006 9:30 pm

Hello Everyone

I am new to the site, I stumbled across it last week and have been reading the posts with great interest. Nice to have others to talk to going through simular experiences.

I live in Victoria BC on beautiful Vancouver Island and have recently married my husband who lives in London. We applied to CIC Mississauga (they received our application Nov 10) We received our application back on Dec 22 requesting a medical for my husbands dependant son who is not immigrating with him. We sent back the medical along with our application and CIC received it Jan 17 and sent us a letter stating Sponsorship approved and PR application sent to Visa Office in London :)

From here we are blind can anyone tell us what my husband might be expecting as far as procedures, requirements, paperwork wanted from the London Visa Office and any ideal on time frames? we can not seem to find much information we are praying that he will be able to move to Canada by April or May ...our fingers are crossed anyway

jerry brewer Jan 29th 2006 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
Hello Everyone

I am new to the site, I stumbled across it last week and have been reading the posts with great interest. Nice to have others to talk to going through simular experiences.

I live in Victoria BC on beautiful Vancouver Island and have recently married my husband who lives in London. We applied to CIC Mississauga (they received our application Nov 10) We received our application back on Dec 22 requesting a medical for my husbands dependant son who is not immigrating with him. We sent back the medical along with our application and CIC received it Jan 17 and sent us a letter stating Sponsorship approved and PR application sent to Visa Office in London :)

From here we are blind can anyone tell us what my husband might be expecting as far as procedures, requirements, paperwork wanted from the London Visa Office and any ideal on time frames? we can not seem to find much information we are praying that he will be able to move to Canada by April or May ...our fingers are crossed anyway

Hi Island girl,
Sorry can't help with answers,
But welcome to the thread, possibly someone else maybe able to help.
Victoria is a lovely place, ( my wife apparently is named after it ).
Cheers
Jerry

VCox Jan 29th 2006 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
PRs are required to be present in Canada 2yrs in every 5yr rolling period to keep their status, *but* when they are accompanying Canadian spouses/partners overseas, that counts as time spent in Canada (but only for PR purposes, not for attaining citizenship). So you could land, leave, and not return for as long as it takes! See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/res-oblig.html for the full details :)

Thanks for that, at least that takes a bit of pressure off.

I don't suppose you know whether I have to inform CIC when our child is born, if I've already received my visa but not landed? Depending how long processing takes I might not be able to land before the birth (due early Aug).

Thanks

Victoria