British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

kellydrew Jan 24th 2006 11:11 am

Anyone heard from Mississauga

Hi

As discussed in last weeks thread, CPC at Mississauga seem to be dragging their feet just a little. I was wondering if anyone involved in last weeks thread has heard anything? :(
Cheers
Drew

cov-canuck Jan 24th 2006 11:22 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi

As discussed in last weeks thread, CPC at Mississauga seem to be dragging their feet just a little. I was wondering if anyone involved in last weeks thread has heard anything? :(
Cheers
Drew

Nope. And as my ticker states, we've now been "Application In Process" for 2 months now.

MrGreen Jan 24th 2006 5:16 pm

We've been waiting 2 months as well...since 28 Nov when processing started. We check the status online nearly every day and am willing it to say something other than 'in process'. We've had no contact or anything. Eventually rang them and they said the wait was normal.

cov-canuck Jan 25th 2006 8:03 pm

Finally...progress! Checked e-cas tonight and saw "in process" is now "Decision Made"!!! A letter was supposedly sent yesterday, so January 24th. 2 months to the day since it started processing, 3 months to the day from the date they received it.

I called just to check what decision made meant, and was told that the whole application has been sent to my local visa office (so London)...I'm taking that as a good sign!

Fingers crossed that the rest of you hear something soon!

britishvixen21 Jan 25th 2006 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Finally...progress! Checked e-cas tonight and saw "in process" is now "Decision Made"!!! A letter was supposedly sent yesterday, so January 24th. 2 months to the day since it started processing, 3 months to the day from the date they received it.

I called just to check what decision made meant, and was told that the whole application has been sent to my local visa office (so London)...I'm taking that as a good sign!

Congratulations Awesome feeling isnt it!!! Good luck with London :D Keep up updated!!

kellydrew Jan 25th 2006 9:42 pm

Hey man....congratulations. Gotta say I'm jealous. Our lawyers filed our application at Mississauga on 7th Nov. We still haven't heard squat!! Nothing at all. Not even application in process. We contacted the lawyers and they say please be patient. They faxed CPC for us and have informed me today
that they have received no response. I mean we're up to 72 days now. I'm getting pretty p....d off...... Looking at your timeline you were a month before you were "application in process" and two months later sent to London. Jesus we'll still be here this time next year at this rate!!! We have no file no either as our lawyers said you only get that when they CPC start to process.

Oh well think I'll have another beer. :beer:

Again many congrats

Drew

Mystic Kazza Jan 25th 2006 10:10 pm

Cool , Well done .

They started processing ours on the 19th of December , so it looks like we`ve another month b4 we have "decision made" too .

On this basis looks like we`ll be on target for May/Jun-ish ( hopefully !)

Bon Voyage Cov-canuck !

Phil

kellydrew Jan 25th 2006 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Cool , Well done .

They started processing ours on the 19th of December , so it looks like we`ve another month b4 we have "decision made" too .

On this basis looks like we`ll be on target for May/Jun-ish ( hopefully !)

Bon Voyage Cov-canuck !

Phil

Phil

When did CPC actually receive your application?

Drew

Mystic Kazza Jan 26th 2006 8:27 am

Phil

When did CPC actually receive your application?

Drew

Exactly a month before Drew , the 19th of November.

Phil

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 9:16 am

Exactly a month before Drew , the 19th of November.

Phil

Wow

Going off that why the hell have we not heard anything? :mad: They received ours on Nov 7th.....We haven't got a file number yet to track it.

Anyway take care.

Drew :beer:

cov-canuck Jan 26th 2006 9:27 am

Wow

Going off that why the hell have we not heard anything? :mad: They received ours on Nov 7th.....We haven't got a file number yet to track it.

Anyway take care.

Drew :beer:

I should point out that up to this moment, we have not had ANY contact from Mississauga directly. We can log into e-cas with our online receipt number and my details (the sponsor's), but it wasn't until I was on the phone with them that I asked for my case number. From what I understand, Mississauga assign you a case number when they start processing your case (usually a month after they receive it). They then send you a letter with your case number when a decision is made on your case (our letter was sent 2 months after they started processing it, 3 months after they received our application), and forward the whole application to London. At this point (as I understand it!), London send you an AOR to say that they've received it and will start processing it.

As soon as we receive our letter from Mississauga about whatever decision was made, I'll let you know what details are on it, because that will be the first contact we've had from Mississauga.

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 9:38 am

I should point out that up to this moment, we have not had ANY contact from Mississauga directly. We can log into e-cas with our online receipt number and my details (the sponsor's), but it wasn't until I was on the phone with them that I asked for my case number. From what I understand, Mississauga assign you a case number when they start processing your case (usually a month after they receive it). They then send you a letter with your case number when a decision is made on your case (our letter was sent 2 months after they started processing it, 3 months after they received our application), and forward the whole application to London. At this point (as I understand it!), London send you an AOR to say that they've received it and will start processing it.

As soon as we receive our letter from Mississauga about whatever decision was made, I'll let you know what details are on it, because that will be the first contact we've had from Mississauga.

Hi Mate

Would you mind giving me the number please for CPC. We have no receipt number or anything to log on with. When I asked our lawyers they said that a number would only be issued when they started to process our file.

I'm sure we should be "in process" by now.

Cheers
Drew

Mystic Kazza Jan 26th 2006 9:56 am

Hi Mate

Would you mind giving me the number please for CPC. We have no receipt number or anything to log on with. When I asked our lawyers they said that a number would only be issued when they started to process our file.

Cheers
Drew

Hang on Drew , you should have a receipt number from the top of IMM5401 ,and this is the number you log on with . This should have been emailed to you when you paid .Did you pay online ?
I`m not convinced the lawyer is telling you this right .

Can anyone clarify ?

Phil

kellydrew Jan 26th 2006 10:22 am

Hang on Drew , you should have a receipt number from the top of IMM5401 ,and this is the number you log on with . This should have been emailed to you when you paid .Did you pay online ?
I`m not convinced the lawyer is telling you this right .

Can anyone clarify ?

Phil

Phil

Our lawyers submitted our package. We have no IMM5401. We payed through our lawyers.

Drew

cov-canuck Jan 26th 2006 10:26 am

Hi Mate

Cheers
Drew

The number for CIC Mississauga is:
001 613 944 4000

I'll warn you though...it's not user-friendly! I've called 3 times, and each time spent upwards of 5 minutes just trying to negotiate around the automated system to speak to a real, live person. I'll also give you a little tip...of the three times I called, the first time I admitted I was calling from outside Canada and got a very mild ticking off. The second time, again, I admitted I was calling from outside of Canada and the woman almost put the phone down on me. The third time I wasn't asked, but I'd prepared an answer of "I applied from outside of Canada, but I'm actually in Canada on vacation at the moment and thought I'd check on it..."...just be prepared for a bit of hassle if you're honest with them! Technically "outside" applications shouldn't be able to phone them, I found the above number after a LONG internet search!

Good luck!