British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

VCox Mar 6th 2006 8:38 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey

Am I being totally thick here? My application is still in process in Mississauga..........has been "in process" since Dec 6th. My medical expires in May. Are you saying that if I haven't got my visa through by that time, then I have to start the process again? I mean, I knew that I'd need my medical again, but to start the whole thing???? I hope I've misunderstood you. :confused:

Drew

Drew

Don't panic! My understanding (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong)is that if they're still processing it then they'll ask you for a new medical if it expires before they issue the visa.

What I was clarifying was that if they issue the visa and you don't land before the medical expires, then you can't just go and get another medical/police checks done to rectify the situation. In short, visas can't be extended.

For some reason that didn't dawn on me until recently. So in your case if you get your visa in April, you need to get across there quick and land before your medical expires in May.

Sorry if I caused you to panic. Hope things speed up for you and that you hear something soon. Can't be much longer now...

V

kellydrew Mar 12th 2006 11:35 pm

Hey all you guys out there.

Anybody heard anything yet. We've heard squat and it's been over four months since we submitted our application to CPC. Doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Take care everone

Drew

jerry brewer Mar 13th 2006 4:26 pm

Hey all you guys out there.

Anybody heard anything yet. We've heard squat and it's been over four months since we submitted our application to CPC. Doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Take care everone

Drew

Hiya,
Nope no sign at all.
We are holding off putting the house on the market, until we get some form of sign off life, or a letter out of Mississauga.........
This summer seems now for us a highly unlikely move,
Still fingers crossed it will arrive before the medical expires in Oct.
Cheers
jerry

Island_Girl Mar 13th 2006 6:32 pm

We got our request for passports today only 4 1/2 months we submitted our application Nov 10 :)

Mr Lee Mar 13th 2006 7:07 pm

We're still waiting too. :(

The CIC website lies! Our case has been "in process" for 60+ days now, not the 45 stated on their site. :mad:

kellydrew Mar 13th 2006 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hiya,
Nope no sign at all.
We are holding off putting the house on the market, until we get some form of sign off life, or a letter out of Mississauga.........
This summer seems now for us a highly unlikely move,
Still fingers crossed it will arrive before the medical expires in Oct.
Cheers
jerry

Hey Jerry
We too have delayed the selling of the house, and we also want to go over in August. If your wife is Canadian you can still go over on a six month temporary visa. As long as you have your case # to show immigration you can stay for six months at a time. Just have to keep nipping over the border and re-entering. Only problem is you can't work until you have your visa stamped as a landed immigrant. Once we get the go-ahead from CPC we're going to put the house up for sale and as long as it's sold by August we're going, visa or not!!!! My medical expires in May so I've no bloody chance. Another £400+ for the medical. Annoying thing is both my kids need it too and they're not even coming :mad:

Anyway we must all try and remain positive and if you guys at CPC are reading this............Please hurry up. :)

Take care

Drew :beer:

jerry brewer Mar 14th 2006 12:20 pm

Hey Jerry
We too have delayed the selling of the house, and we also want to go over in August. If your wife is Canadian you can still go over on a six month temporary visa. As long as you have your case # to show immigration you can stay for six months at a time. Just have to keep nipping over the border and re-entering. Only problem is you can't work until you have your visa stamped as a landed immigrant. Once we get the go-ahead from CPC we're going to put the house up for sale and as long as it's sold by August we're going, visa or not!!!! My medical expires in May so I've no bloody chance. Another £400+ for the medical. Annoying thing is both my kids need it too and they're not even coming :mad:

Anyway we must all try and remain positive and if you guys at CPC are reading this............Please hurry up. :)

Take care

Drew :beer:

Hi All,
No news good news they say............
Just checked e cas .. :(
After processing for three months they are now returning the form and require extra information, letter posted 13 -03-06.
Well I suppose it's at least a week for post to get here, a few days to sort the information out , a week to post back , then another three months ?
Looks like july at least before London gets the paperwork, looking real tight for my medical, not to mention the kids starting school.....

Hi Drew,
Yep thanks, we know about the 6 months thing, problem is we need the cushion of all the money we have , just in case it takes us both a few months to find work, we don't want to waste about six months of bills, unless we really have to......
Looks like the house ain't going on the market yet........
Who said spousal sponsorship was the easy route.....
Cheers
Jerry

cov-canuck Mar 14th 2006 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,
No news good news they say............
Just checked e cas .. :(
After processing for three months they are now returning the form and require extra information, letter posted 13 -03-06.
Well I suppose it's at least a week for post to get here, a few days to sort the information out , a week to post back , then another three months ?
Looks like july at least before London gets the paperwork, looking real tight for my medical, not to mention the kids starting school.....

Hi Drew,
Yep thanks, we know about the 6 months thing, problem is we need the cushion of all the money we have , just in case it takes us both a few months to find work, we don't want to waste about six months of bills, unless we really have to......
Looks like the house ain't going on the market yet........
Who said spousal sponsorship was the easy route.....
Cheers
Jerry

Jerry...in a vain attempt to cheer you up...another member on here, Nickybum, had her application returned because she forgot something. Included in the letter were instructions on what to put on the OUTSIDE of the envelope to go direct to the person working on the application. Once she posted the missing items back, she was approved about a week later. So you don't join the back of the queue. In a way, yes, this is a kick in the teeth, but it means that EVERY other part of your application has been approved. Once they receive the missing bits, you should be on your way to London very quickly. Fingers crossed for you!

Island_Girl Mar 14th 2006 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Jerry...in a vain attempt to cheer you up...another member on here, Nickybum, had her application returned because she forgot something. Included in the letter were instructions on what to put on the OUTSIDE of the envelope to go direct to the person working on the application. Once she posted the missing items back, she was approved about a week later. So you don't join the back of the queue. In a way, yes, this is a kick in the teeth, but it means that EVERY other part of your application has been approved. Once they receive the missing bits, you should be on your way to London very quickly. Fingers crossed for you!

I agree with cov-canuck our application was sent back to us for missing information and I thought like you did that it would set us back by a few more months however Mississauga approved and sent it to London 2 days after we sent the missing info back and London took just 6 weeks to send ppr request so have faith your farther along than you think don't forget to use the sticker attached to the letter they sent you on the outside of your envelope when you send it back that indicates for it to go back to the desk of who sent it to you and does not hurt to send it secure.

Island Girl

kellydrew Mar 14th 2006 4:31 pm

Hi All

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are decision made. Letter sent out yesterday. God I hope it's good news :eek:

Saw Jerry's thread (shocker Jerry, that really sucks!!!) Hope it all goes ok and you're back on track soon.............Anyway thought I'd check and there it was, DECISION MADE. YeHa!!!!!

Has anybody who had "decision made" within the last couple of months heard anything from London?

Best of luck everybody.

Drew :beer: :beer: :beer:

wesbett Mar 14th 2006 4:42 pm

Hi All

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are decision made. Letter sent out yesterday. God I hope it's good news :eek:

Saw Jerry's thread (shocker Jerry, that really sucks!!!) Hope it all goes ok and you're back on track soon.............Anyway thought I'd check and there it was, DECISION MADE. YeHa!!!!!

Has anybody who had "decision made" within the last couple of months heard anything from London?

Best of luck everybody.

We had DECISION MADE on Feb 13th but haven't heard anything from London yet. I'm worried my medical will run out before we get the visa as it expires at the beginning of September. I've emailed them to see if they take this into consideration etc etc. Not heard back yet.

Fingers crossed everyone!
Wes
www.wesweb.co.uk

jerry brewer Mar 14th 2006 5:03 pm

Hi All,
Glad it worked for you all, thanks for the positive comments, fingers crossed next time it will be OK.
Cheers
Jerry

Island_Girl Mar 14th 2006 5:18 pm

Hi All

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck everybody.

Congratulations ...it wont be long now especially if you paid your ROLF up front it too London less than 6 weeks once they received ours at the end of Jan...it is such a great feeling when you see DECISION MADE...hang in there your now on the home stretch. :)

Island Girl

cov-canuck Mar 14th 2006 7:08 pm

Grrr...just called the CIC in Canadato check whether the ROLF we paid on the 26th of Feb (before being prompted) is now showing on our file, since we've heard nothing.

First woman told me if I wanted a PR card I had to redial some 1-800 number, then she hung up on me.

Second guy, Pierre, told me off for giving him MY client ID instead of my husband's (um...we only have 1), then said it's too early, it won't be on the system yet.

Too early? We mailed the receipt the day after we paid online, and my husband faxed a copy of the receipt with a covering letter a couple of days later...how long does it take??

I just know that in the next couple of days we'll get a letter from London asking us to pay these fees...!

VCox Mar 14th 2006 9:14 pm

Hi All

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck everybody.

Drew

Great news Drew! I got my decision made letter dated 13 February followed by a letter from London with an AOR of 17 Feb. So they should start processing yours straightaway at London, and hopefully it won't take too long.

V