British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Anyone heard from Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/anyone-heard-mississauga-350428/)

cov-canuck Jan 30th 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
[QUOTE=hezbett]

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
The number for CIC Mississauga is:
001 613 944 4000
QUOTE]

Hi cov-canuck
Congrats on your new found status!

I have just tried calling the number you gave us last thread and this one to call for info on our applications and I went through to Foreign Affairs Canada, where I was only given the ability to press 1 for english or 2 for french (not for immigration as you state). Any advice on why this might be? :o

Cheers

There are several different menus you have to navigate through. The first choice is what language you call, the second had immigration as number 2...unless this was a glitch in their system and due to the sudden increase in calls they've "fixed" it? I just found the number on a google search, I don't even really know where it goes, but it worked for me! Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mr Lee Jan 30th 2006 2:09 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
Pretty much the same as most here - applied to Mississauga in early December, got a reply from them a couple of weeks ago (mid-Jan.) and we're still "in progress" on the website.

The house is on the market and baby's due any day now so hopefully we'll get sorted asap: especially as I finish my job in just under two weeks as well.

Don't do anything by halves, me! :D

hezbett Jan 30th 2006 2:22 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
[QUOTE=cov-canuck]

Originally Posted by hezbett

There are several different menus you have to navigate through. The first choice is what language you call, the second had immigration as number 2...unless this was a glitch in their system and due to the sudden increase in calls they've "fixed" it? I just found the number on a google search, I don't even really know where it goes, but it worked for me! Sorry I can't be of more help.

Oh Sorry!

Just called again and found the second menu where you can select immigration. I think the first time around I was late in pressing my language selection and went through to an actual person at Foreign Affairs.

MrGreen Jan 30th 2006 7:04 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
Just got 'decision made' status on our family class (canadian wife sponsoring me) application!!! Problem is I'm not sure it's good news? It reads:

"We started processing your application on November 28, 2005.

We sent you a letter on January 28, 2006 about the decision on your application."

And that's all it says! A clue would be nice, but that's it. Anyone else had this????

Biiiiink Jan 30th 2006 7:45 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Just got 'decision made' status on our family class (canadian wife sponsoring me) application!!! Problem is I'm not sure it's good news? It reads:

"We started processing your application on November 28, 2005.

We sent you a letter on January 28, 2006 about the decision on your application."

And that's all it says! A clue would be nice, but that's it. Anyone else had this????

That's what everyones' says when they're done with them at Mississauga. I don't know of anyone whose sponsorship part has been refused but theirs would probably also say "decision made", but unless you know that you were not eligible to sponsor, I wouldn't worry about the likelihood of that being the case!! :cool:

MrGreen Jan 30th 2006 7:57 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
That's what everyones' says when they're done with them at Mississauga. :cool:

I thought that was pretty much the case for everyone. Really exciting to see your status change but also very un-nerving not knowing what's coming in the mail in terms of the outcome. I guess we sit tight and keep everything crossed. :scared:

Good luck to everyone else and just keep checking online every day or so - one day yours will change too and you can enter a new level of anxiety like us!!!

britishvixen21 Jan 30th 2006 8:16 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
I thought that was pretty much the case for everyone. Really exciting to see your status change but also very un-nerving not knowing what's coming in the mail in terms of the outcome. I guess we sit tight and keep everything crossed. :scared:

Good luck to everyone else and just keep checking online every day or so - one day yours will change too and you can enter a new level of anxiety like us!!!

LOL yup the anxiety dulls for around a day then its back to the old hypertension state once more!!!

wesbett Jan 30th 2006 8:52 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Just got 'decision made' status on our family class (canadian wife sponsoring me) application!!! Problem is I'm not sure it's good news? It reads:

"We started processing your application on November 28, 2005.

We sent you a letter on January 28, 2006 about the decision on your application."

And that's all it says! A clue would be nice, but that's it. Anyone else had this????

Can I ask, are most people on here sponsoring their spouses in the "Canadians living exclusively outside of Canada" category of sponsorship?

I called the Call centre tonight and was told that it's in processing but that its taking awhile because I'm not in Canada (as the sponsor). The woman couldn't tell me when we might get an answer and couldn't tell me why our status is not available to see on the website with our receipt number. She couldn't even tell me our case number because she couldn't "verify our address" because I stated my address as in the UK.

Has anyone else experienced this? :eek:

MrGreen Jan 30th 2006 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by wesbett
Can I ask, are most people on here sponsoring their spouses in the "Canadians living exclusively outside of Canada" category of sponsorship?

I called the Call centre tonight and was told that it's in processing but that its taking awhile because I'm not in Canada (as the sponsor). The woman couldn't tell me when we might get an answer and couldn't tell me why our status is not available to see on the website with our receipt number. She couldn't even tell me our case number because she couldn't "verify our address" because I stated my address as in the UK.

Has anyone else experienced this? :eek:

We were told exactly the same from the person on the Canadian telephone number and a week later we are now decision made - whatever that means! My wife's Canadian but has lived in the uk for years and we're doing this all from the uk, so sounds like we may be in the same boat. It's just a case of sitting tight and checking onilne if you can. Good luck.

jerry brewer Jan 31st 2006 5:52 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by wesbett
Can I ask, are most people on here sponsoring their spouses in the "Canadians living exclusively outside of Canada" category of sponsorship?

Hi
We are in same category,
My wife was born in Vancouver, but left at about two years old, She was told it was quicker to sponsor me outside of Canada.
If we move right away, apparently I wouldn't be able to work at first, But this way sponsoring outside canada, I can take the first job offered.
Good luck to all
Cheers
Jerry

cov-canuck Feb 1st 2006 8:02 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
For those waiting for their "Decision made" letter, our status changed to "Decision made" on the 24th of January, and we received the letter in the post confirming that I'd been approved to sponsor my husband, and the application had been forwarded to London yesterday (the 31st). So a week to the day later.

Fingers crossed that the application gets to London in around the same sort of time scale, and we appear on their system soon!

kellydrew Feb 1st 2006 2:47 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
We were told exactly the same from the person on the Canadian telephone number and a week later we are now decision made - whatever that means! My wife's Canadian but has lived in the uk for years and we're doing this all from the uk, so sounds like we may be in the same boat. It's just a case of sitting tight and checking onilne if you can. Good luck.


Hey Gweenboy

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. My wife's a Canuck but has lived over here since she was four. They started processing ours on Dec 6th, eight days after you so hopefully we shouldn't be too far away now. When we spoke to CPC they said that ours had gone to a special agent......MI5, KGB,CIA....!!!! God knows what that means. I suppose coz the Mrs has lived in the UK for most of her life may have something to do with it. Has anybody else heard of this "special agent" thing?

Anyhow I'm sure you're ok and all's well, so congrats on being another rung up the ladder. Please everybody else...keep us informed.

Drew :beer:

jerry brewer Feb 1st 2006 6:33 pm

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
For those waiting for their "Decision made" letter, our status changed to "Decision made" on the 24th of January, and we received the letter in the post confirming that I'd been approved to sponsor my husband, and the application had been forwarded to London yesterday (the 31st). So a week to the day later.

Fingers crossed that the application gets to London in around the same sort of time scale, and we appear on their system soon!

Hi
Congrats :beer:
Cheers
Jerry

MrGreen Feb 2nd 2006 9:01 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 
We got the good news in the post this morning!!! The letter from Missassauga finally fell on the doormat and our application's been forwarded to the visa office London, so we've been accepted in terms of sponsorship. Feels great after all this time! :) It's the first we've heard from them in any way after they started processing our application on Nov 28th. So for those of you still waiting, keep the faith and I'm sure your time will come too. I sold the car the other day,...really need to get the house on the market now!

VCox Feb 2nd 2006 9:47 am

Re: Anyone heard from Mississauga
 

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hey Gweenboy

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. My wife's a Canuck but has lived over here since she was four. They started processing ours on Dec 6th, eight days after you so hopefully we shouldn't be too far away now. When we spoke to CPC they said that ours had gone to a special agent......MI5, KGB,CIA....!!!! God knows what that means. I suppose coz the Mrs has lived in the UK for most of her life may have something to do with it. Has anybody else heard of this "special agent" thing?

Anyhow I'm sure you're ok and all's well, so congrats on being another rung up the ladder. Please everybody else...keep us informed.

Drew :beer:

Hi Drew

We're the other way round to you, my hubby was born in the UK and moved to Canada when he was four. I'm wondering if that's why there's a delay on our processing, cos his mother couldn't provide any details about when exactly they landed and which office processed it etc etc so I just had to put estimates on the form. Thank goodness he still had his citizenship card though. So maybe we'll get a "special agent" too!

By the way, we're in West Yorkshire ( I think you asked where abouts we live). Trouble is our house is only 2.5 years old and they're still building on the development so I think that's why we're having trouble selling.

Anyway, think positive! (though hard at times...)

Victoria


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:48 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.