Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else the Black Sheep?

Is anyone else the Black Sheep?

Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is anyone else the Black Sheep?

I want to wish everyone who is finding telling there familys about moving the best of luck. I hope your parents/families are not as bad as mine.

One day they might come round and I'll be willing to put them up in my lovely big home in Canada

Karla x x x
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by antrim4
Dear all on the thread,

Please read below, I received it today in an e-mail, and it sort of fits for this thread......

[F]HOW TO STAY YOUNG

We all need to read this one over and over until it becomes part of who we are !
Take particular note of Number 9!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Try everything twice. On Madams tombstone (of Whelan's and Madam) she said she wanted this epitaph: Tried everything twice...loved it both times!

2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down. (keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches

3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.

6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9 Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

And if you don't send this to at least 4 people - who cares?
But do share this with someone ..

Lost time can never be found. [/FONT]

Some good advice in there, enjoy.

Antrim 4
Hi Antrim4,

Very wise sentiments that's for sure. I have certainly wised up to quite a few of those, as this year so far as seen my mate lose his Wife to Cancer at 47 & in Feb this year my school mate lost his One & only 17yr old son to Cancer too.

He was a real bright lad a real achiever with a zest for life. Played a musical instrument, Just past his driving test, Played football for Walsall jnr's here in the Uk & also B'ham City Jnr's he had everything to live for..

But fate thought differently!

I'm convinced you should wake up, think positive & live every day like it's your last.

Cheers

Gary
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by grthespark
Hi Antrim4,

Very wise sentiments that's for sure. I have certainly wised up to quite a few of those, as this year so far as seen my mate lose his Wife to Cancer at 47 & in Feb this year my school mate lost his One & only 17yr old son to Cancer too.

He was a real bright lad a real achiever with a zest for life. Played a musical instrument, Just past his driving test, Played football for Walsall jnr's here in the Uk & also B'ham City Jnr's he had everything to live for..

But fate thought differently!

I'm convinced you should wake up, think positive & live every day like it's your last.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks for your post.....................It really hits home when people tell one another whats going on in their lives. It makes mine seem simple.

Good luck to you and your friends.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by karla03
Sod em, I have given up now!!!!!!

2 months ago my husband bought me an IPOD and the BOSE Docking station and then we bought an Nintendo WII, My parents have slagged us off for spending so much money (What the hell has it to do with them anyway), But yesterday they went out and bought the same. When we bought our plasma tv, they went out a week later and got a slightly bigger one - just out of spite.

I think they are jealous - and I have no idea why. It seems like a competion to them, I'm sure of it. My mother says that my children are spoilt - I don't think they are, I just like to give them the best in life.

I feel as if I am fighting a losing battle with them. I know my parents are wishing that we fail in Canada - as they have told me so, they have even said that they put money on us being home within 6 months, What kind of parents do this............................
Hi Karla03,

That's amazing karla especially as they are your parents! Its like they are trying to "keep up with the Jone's" If I was you, I'd be more determined than ever to go.

But then if they do copy you like you say with the gaming console's & Tv's etc. Then you could be unfortunate enough to have them apply to join you!!

What a thought!

Gary

Go for it
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:01 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karla03
One day they might come round and I'll be willing to put them up in my lovely big home in Canada

Karla x x x
Dead right girl!!!!!!! make them welcome and smile sweetly, then they realise there's nothing they can do to make you miserable and they give up trying
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grthespark
Hi Karla03,

That's amazing karla especially as they are your parents! Its like they are trying to "keep up with the Jone's" If I was you, I'd be more determined than ever to go.

But then if they do copy you like you say with the gaming console's & Tv's etc. Then you could be unfortunate enough to have them apply to join you!!

What a thought!

Gary

Go for it

Oh boy, what a lovely thought

Karla x x x