Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:42 am
imperfection is beauty

debzielou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Cool keep us posted Alison would be good to meet some folk... though Im rubbish at meeting new people..am a bit shy to start with but my OH will make up for it!!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Bettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the rough

You could try the victory fish and chip shop, they do British beers on tap in their upstairs restaurant.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Hi to all the 'wackers'
We are just 'up the road' in Abbotsford. I'm 36 and my OH is 31. We'd love to meet up with other ex pats. I've been working non stop since we arrived 2 weeks ago, but my poor OH is feeling out of sorts and struggling to find work. He's stuck home alone all day whilst I'm at work - he needs cheering up!!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:56 am
imperfection is beauty

hey there how are you finding it after two weeks? My OH and I moved here just over a month ago and could believe how much we did in the first couple of weeks we were cream crackered! And my feet ached from walking round Ikea!!!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by minimeeze
Hi to all the 'wackers'
We are just 'up the road' in Abbotsford. I'm 36 and my OH is 31. We'd love to meet up with other ex pats. I've been working non stop since we arrived 2 weeks ago, but my poor OH is feeling out of sorts and struggling to find work. He's stuck home alone all day whilst I'm at work - he needs cheering up!!

hi minimeeze what kind of work as your OH been looking for??
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scottymallo
hi minimeeze what kind of work as your OH been looking for??
He's considering doing an electrical apprenticeship but as he has no certificates from school, he's just discovered he may need to sit exams before he can do that.... he's not a happy guy! At the minute, anything will suffice (apart from flipping burgers)
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:21 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

If you guys have a pub get together when the weather is better, and evenings are lighter, there`s a couple of us out here in the tri cities/Maple Ridge who would love to join you because you sound like a nice lot! Unfortunately we're (almost) OAPs but very young at heart, honest!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:47 am
imperfection is beauty

cool think we've got a nice little group going on here!! Cant wait for the summer.. bbqs, nice cold beer and hopefully no sun burn!!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by minimeeze
He's considering doing an electrical apprenticeship but as he has no certificates from school, he's just discovered he may need to sit exams before he can do that.... he's not a happy guy! At the minute, anything will suffice (apart from flipping burgers)
i ve noticed that you need grade 12 to do anything decent over here.
I would recommend you get your OH to get some sort of qualifications asessment done if he has any other type of qualifications. I used IQAS based in Alberta, As i hope to commute to work there but there are similiar schemes in BC.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debzielou
cool think we've got a nice little group going on here!! Cant wait for the summer.. bbqs, nice cold beer and hopefully no sun burn!!
According to people that have lived here all their life last summer was not a good one but it was the best summer we can remember, with some days being in the 30's. It was like walking out into a furnace and yes, we all got caught with the sun (so you'll definately need to slap on the lotion). My mum came for a visit in September and was lily white as england had had a real bad summer and she also got burnt. BTW need to prep for the return of the mossies (I hate them little whiney buggers). Summer's not too far away and my first year here seems to have flown by.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Angela.Mark has a brilliant futureAngela.Mark has a brilliant futureAngela.Mark has a brilliant futureAngela.Mark has a brilliant futureAngela.Mark has a brilliant futureAngela.Mark has a brilliant future

Oh my god where the hell are you all - we have been in Chilliwack (Sardis) since July 08 and this is the first post I have seen. I have two kids 5 and 2 and am a stay at home mum to be honest have made lost of friends since being here english and Canadian so have not really bothered with the meet ups but if anyone is finding it hard to settle just private message me I not weird really - my hubby is also desperate for someone to go drinkies with - they just don't get the english sense of humour sometimes

Thumbs up for the English shop I agree it is fab and a little taste of home!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:26 am
imperfection is beauty

well my excuse is ive only been here a month!! not made too many friends yet but i dont work as yet so not really met anyone hang out with as it were lol cant believe so many folk are coming out the woodwork though lol
Old Jan 17th 2009, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Bettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Angela.Mark
Oh my god where the hell are you all - we have been in Chilliwack (Sardis) since July 08 and this is the first post I have seen. I have two kids 5 and 2 and am a stay at home mum to be honest have made lost of friends since being here english and Canadian so have not really bothered with the meet ups but if anyone is finding it hard to settle just private message me I not weird really - my hubby is also desperate for someone to go drinkies with - they just don't get the english sense of humour sometimes

Thumbs up for the English shop I agree it is fab and a little taste of home!

My hubby has a wicked sense of humour, it's so funny to see the look on their faces when he does impressions of characters from " Little Britain".
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

THE FRANCIS CLAN is an unknown quantity at this point

A meet up is definitely in order! My OH is desperate to just go for a beer with some guys -he's doing the childcare at the mo so doesn't get "grownup" time,particularly with my shifts! (I'm a nurse at CGH) Our only problem is lack of transport,so a meet up somewhere reasonably central would be good.The Wellington by the Royal Hotel has just been done up and looks good,there's also Whispers wine bar on Main st.If babysitters are a problem for meet-ups,Dakotas is pretty ok,(next to Safeway in town)they have a bar if the boys want to prop it up,you can also eat and take the kids and they do take groups. I have my nursing exam at the beginning of Feb,but after that why don't we arrange a meet? If anyone is interested PM me or send a post and lets get this ball rolling!Or if anyone want to meet for coffe,get in touch(mind you I think I've drunk so much coffee I'm on permanent overdrive!)
Hannah
Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

We'd certainly be up for a meet - depending on my on call schedule, so you can put our names down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.