Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:18 am
Just Joined

THE FRANCIS CLAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Have a few for me,working till midnight,then on call-will have to have a drink tomorrow! Let me know if it's worth donning the old cowgirl boots! My other half started the old victor meldrew mode at 35,think he's just about at the other side-if not there's plenty of mountain tops I can stick him on!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 3:12 am
imperfection is beauty

debzielou is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure you pick the highest snowiest one!!!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Bettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Hi there, my husband and I moved to Chilliwack 18 months ago from England, we have a 3 year old boy.My husband is working as a plumber and I'm a stay at home mum, I can help if you need day care.My sister is the manager of a place called Dickens Sweets in Alexander avenue in Chilliwack, it's a British shop that sells all those British favourites sweets and they sell lots of British food that you can't get here, they have a tea room, that sells cornish pasties and all sorts of stuff, you will meet loads of Brits there.
Anyway, welcome to The Wack!!!!

Betty

Last edited by Bettyboo63; Jan 1st 2009 at 4:57 am.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 7:29 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bettyboo63
Hi there, my husband and I moved to Chilliwack 18 months ago from England, we have a 3 year old boy.My husband is working as a plumber and I'm a stay at home mum, I can help if you need day care.My sister is the manager of a place called Dickens Sweets in Alexander avenue in Chilliwack, it's a British shop that sells all those British favourites sweets and they sell lots of British food that you can't get here, they have a tea room, that sells cornish pasties and all sorts of stuff, you will meet loads of Brits there.
Anyway, welcome to The Wack!!!!

Betty

Hello Jean's sister - Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Bettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the roughBettyboo63 is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Originally Posted by dingbat
Hello Jean's sister - Happy New Year!
Happy new year to you too.
My sister knows everyone,lol
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pedrochilli
Hooray for the "wack" and welcome yet to find a decent beer though.
Got a feeling decades is oaps? pray tell?
Decades for oaps - I do hope not and not that I've noticed on my visits. I'm not 40 yet and the rest of us that have our get togethers in there are certainly not oaps yet lol.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:15 am
imperfection is beauty

Well me n the OH havent plucked up the courage to head to the meet ups yet! Im sure you dont class as an OAP yet far from it! When did you move to "the Wack"?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Happy New Year to you all.
Jeez never seen so many people on here from the Wack. Welcome everybody. I'm pretty new here myself as only landed 27th Feb 08 so not quite celebrating our canniversary. It's been a strange year with lots of highs and lows but have no regrets about our move. OH and I would love to meet-up and have a beer instead of a coffee for a change. Anyone interested?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:20 am
imperfection is beauty

Where do we get a good beer then? Didnt realise til we got here that Coffee is more the done thing than a nice cold beer!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debzielou
Where do we get a good beer then? Didnt realise til we got here that Coffee is more the done thing than a nice cold beer!
Haven't been to Corky's yet but heard it's good. Me and some girls went out for the night (charity meal) at Friendly Mikes and we had a good time. Drinks tasted alright to me and the more you have the better they get. Food was cheap and not bad compared to some of the places i've been. Friday night karoke was hilarious (no I didn't!) but many tone deaf people did - was a hoot!

Jolly Miller on Vedder is also pretty good and food not bad either.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:45 am

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Well after you go to the Sweets shop and get sorted out with a good pub (is there such a thing here?) have a look at "Meet-ups". You're sure to find something there and if you don't - start a new group for all of the BE's near you!

http://www.meetup.com/topics/

Makes me wish I lived nearer...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:23 am
imperfection is beauty

well the karaoke sounds good i love to watch people making a fool of themselves! HAvent been to Corkys yet but want to cos its only stumble from my apartment!! man i need a good night out!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:16 am
Just Joined

pedrochilli is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: ANYONE IN CHILLIWACK?

Poor old age pensioners , any oaps reading , the coffee is on me !? Some one set up a time and date then and if its all girls I will send the better alf.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

THE FRANCIS CLAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Love coffee,but an ice cold beer or a few glasses of wine would be good for a change -keep us posted!
Hannah
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by THE FRANCIS CLAN
Love coffee,but an ice cold beer or a few glasses of wine would be good for a change -keep us posted!
Hannah
I would love to meet up for a drink very soon. I'm going to be flying to Newfoundland next week and not back until the 30th Jan so will have to try and organise something when it's convenient with everyone (guys and girls incl). I'll ask again when I return hoping that the OH has managed to keep the house afloat (not literally!) - he's looking out for kids and dogs etc (first time for him . Will be interesting to see what state the house is in eh... gonna try not to think about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.